You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Did anyone get the PC version of Psychonauts?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2005, 09:18 AM   #1
Burning

Default Did anyone get the PC version of Psychonauts?

I cannot find it anywhere. It seems that Majesco has delayed the release of the PC version by a week to sell as many XBox copies as possible, this is understandable and common practice for multi-platform games (e.g. Ubisoft's Brother in Arms), because there is a bigger profit margin there, but why they were not honest about the release date in the first place?
Old 04-23-2005, 09:49 AM   #2
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Is that really what happened? I wrote Double Fine and they said they got their PC versions and didn't know of any deliberate lateness... I know nobody has PC copies yet though, for some reason.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 04-23-2005, 09:53 AM   #3
Burning

GameStop has not shipped my order, they told me that may be next week 'IF' they get the copies
Old 04-23-2005, 10:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveed
GameStop has not shipped my order, they told me that may be next week 'IF' they get the copies
The Double fine website store says that they will ship the pc game on may 8th (think i read the either, anyway it's beginning of may)
Old 04-23-2005, 10:26 AM   #5
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Thats only because they're all on vacation!

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 04-23-2005, 10:50 AM   #6
merely human

I got the Xbox version yesterday but just started playing it this morning. It's wonderful, yes. But seriously, I think it looks as gorgeous on a t.v. screen as on the PC. The main difference, of course, is that the visuals are a bit softer, which in some cases work anyway because many of the texture don't require crisp, high Raz res.

I didn't see any PC versions of the game at Gamestop when I was there. If you have an Xbox and can't wait for the PC version to finally show up, why not just get the console version?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-23-2005, 12:25 PM   #7
The Dartmaster

the $20 difference?
Old 04-23-2005, 12:43 PM   #8
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
why not just get the console version?
Or the fact that you need an actual XBOX to play it ? I might actually rent the XBOX version like Kingz did and play it on Claire's XBOX till the PC version comes out.

Or I might just lose my life in WOW for a few more days. It's so weird to play a game where everyone else running around you are real people. It's the most beautiful game I've seen since Psychonauts, and not Half-life 2 or DOOM 3 pretty. The art is so majestic and breath taking, it all feels like a big fantasy, especially in the dark forests of the elves. Jake you should check it out You will love it.

Firefox rules
Old 04-23-2005, 01:07 PM   #9
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
the $20 difference?
I traded in 3 games I didn't want anymore and got it for $30. I'm currently letting my niece play it, she's having great fun.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-23-2005, 01:20 PM   #10
Doctor Watson

I hate Double Fine, I hate Majesco, I hate Tim, Psychonauts, consoles and localization.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:08 PM   #11
merely human

AAACH!! I'm watching me niece playing it but I shouldn't, it's gonna spoil it for me!!
Old 04-23-2005, 02:52 PM   #12
Banned User

I've been calling gamestop every day since it was supposed to be out, and they told me they should have it by Monday. I agree, they shouldn't have lied about the release date. I also traded in 3 xbox games, and now i'm getting the PC version with the shirt for $15...not bad....but either way, this whole thing is pissing me off.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:48 PM   #13
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
I've been calling gamestop every day since it was supposed to be out, and they told me they should have it by Monday. I agree, they shouldn't have lied about the release date. I also traded in 3 xbox games, and now i'm getting the PC version with the shirt for $15...not bad....but either way, this whole thing is pissing me off.
Same here. It's really messed up to lie to the die hard fans that are dying to play the game. You want to release the PC version one week after to max out your sales on the 20 dollars more expensive XBOX version, that's fine. But don't trick us into thinking that both versions are coming out the same day.

Firefox rules
Old 04-23-2005, 07:07 PM   #14
guybrush_guy

i pre-order the PC version and did'nt get it becuase of the delay so i cancled and got the x-box version the day it came out, i was told the PC version was going to be coming at the end of the month.

Old 04-23-2005, 07:28 PM   #15
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
....i cancled and got the x-box version the day it came out...
You will not regret it.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:41 PM   #16
Antibacterial

Send a message via MSN to RemiO

As I've posted on other forums, I'm surprised that the PC version hasn't shipped yet. I saw it on the shelves in GameStop yesterday.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:03 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemiO
As I've posted on other forums, I'm surprised that the PC version hasn't shipped yet. I saw it on the shelves in GameStop yesterday.
Where was this? My local GameStop still doesn't have it in.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:31 AM   #18
Burning

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
i pre-order the PC version and did'nt get it becuase of the delay so i cancled and got the x-box version the day it came out, i was told the PC version was going to be coming at the end of the month.
So their marketing trick worked! Hooray for Majesco
Old 04-24-2005, 02:57 PM   #19
Antibacterial

Send a message via MSN to RemiO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDread
Where was this? My local GameStop still doesn't have it in.
That was in Spokane, WA.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:29 PM   #20

Heh, too far for a road trip then.

Guess I'll just have to wait.