You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Did anyone get the PC version of Psychonauts?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2005, 09:25 AM   #61
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Look here http://majescoentertainment.com/vbul...p?threadid=745

My PC version is already en ruote. I don't know if this is the first PC game majesco has shipped but they sure screwed it up badly.
Yeah well it better be coming!

Have you seen any bears?
Old 04-28-2005, 09:38 AM   #62
Adventure Groupie

nope sorry m8
Old 04-28-2005, 05:15 PM   #63

Hmm... Strange... Did anyone notice that on GameStop's main page that Psychonauts is still listed under "Coming Soon", but if you click the Psychonauts link the page states "Usually ships in 24 hours"????
Old 04-28-2005, 09:36 PM   #64
merely human

Once you find the button, go to the store in the main lodge in the camp and show it to Cruller. I can't believe how much I laughed my ass off.

When you find the feather use it on everyone.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-29-2005, 02:41 AM   #65
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

Someone remind me why I buy games. I don't think getting shafted was it.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:52 AM   #66
Banned User

I'm walking over to gamestop today and I better get some answers! RAR!
Old 04-29-2005, 02:38 PM   #67
Quixotic

Send a message via AIM to JoeX111 Send a message via Yahoo to JoeX111

Just got off the phone with my local EBGames. They've got my copy in and are holding it (though they don't have my bloody pre-order cards, the @#$%^&!s).

In an hour and twenty minutes or so when I get off work, I'm going to be off like a shot running over there.

Heaven help them if it isn't there when I arrive.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:43 PM   #68

Finally! Both my local EBGames and Gamestop got Psychonauts in today.

So I'm now the proud owner of Psychonauts PC.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:15 PM   #69
Quixotic

Bah! Curse you Dread! One hour and five minutes! Oh, curse this waiting! If it be now, 'tis not to come; if it be not to come, it will be now; if it be not now, yet it will come! Yes! The answer's in the meat! GIVE ME ALL THE MEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAT....Ed made up that name for Ed, isn't it cool? So you wouldn't really call it bell peppers and beef, now would you? 'Yes... this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... this land.' 'I think we should call it your grave.' 'Ah. Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal.' 'Hahaha. Mine is an evil laugh.' We may not live to see yesterday... Yeah. LIKE EAGLES... ON... POGO STICKS.

*falls over and twitches*
Old 04-29-2005, 03:47 PM   #70
merely human

Make sure you show the button to Cruller in the main lodge camp store.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-29-2005, 04:14 PM   #71
Banned User

Ok, so I went today, and asked if it was in...and of course, it wasn't. So I asked them nicely why the date keeps getting pushed back and blah blah blah and they said blah blah blah back, so I said to cancel my preorder and give me my damn gamebucks. Well, they did that, and I looked around to get something else, but there wasn't anything I really wanted, so I gave it back and said to put it back on preorder. I swear to god it had better be in on Monday. Good news though, I asked about the shirt and they gave me one! I'm wearing it now. It's pretty rad. Anyway, when I go to pick up the game, if different people are working, i'm gonna be like "am I supposed to get a shirt with this?" and see if I can get another one. I deserve at least that much!
Old 04-29-2005, 05:12 PM   #72
Mojoholic

Mine's just shipped, and is now being tracked. Looks like they've finally gotten it sorted out.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:28 PM   #73
Quixotic

Got it.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:35 PM   #74

Default Please Read If You Want Info About Delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
Ok, so I went today, and asked if it was in...and of course, it wasn't. So I asked them nicely why the date keeps getting pushed back and blah blah blah and they said blah blah blah back, so I said to cancel my preorder and give me my damn gamebucks. Well, they did that, and I looked around to get something else, but there wasn't anything I really wanted, so I gave it back and said to put it back on preorder. I swear to god it had better be in on Monday. Good news though, I asked about the shirt and they gave me one! I'm wearing it now. It's pretty rad. Anyway, when I go to pick up the game, if different people are working, i'm gonna be like "am I supposed to get a shirt with this?" and see if I can get another one. I deserve at least that much!
My hubby called Majesco and GameStop Headquarters and asked what the hell was up with this delay and the push-back day by day, and was told by the person he spoke to at Majesco, that the PC version of Psychonauts "shipped" on April 22nd (last Friday, as correctly stated in a post by the Majesco Board Admin on the Majesco boards) but that GameStop picks up its own games, meaning that Majesco do not ship the games TO them. Then when the GameStop trucks/vans picks up the games, they are all taken to the GameStop distribution center where they are THEN distributed to their stores throughout the country. So, it is in part the stores (GameStop, EB Games, etc.) fault that the game was so much delayed. Majesco has had the game ready since the 22nd. However, I still am not sure as to why the game first was ready on the 22nd and not the 19th.

Also, the person at Majesco said that realistically (us here in NY state), the game should be in on Monday, but could be as late as Wednesday! But fortunately the wait IS almost over... Well, IT BETTER BE OVER!!!

Now I just gotta figure out how to survive until then... I'm going psycho...

Hey, maybe it's not major news/info, but it's better than nothing, right?

Oh oh, almost forgot... the XBOX version was manufactured by Micro$oft btw, in case you don't know. Maybe that's why it was in stores on time???
Old 04-29-2005, 09:40 PM   #75
merely human

Wow. I just survived being inside Sasha Nein's head. I have NEVER seen level design like that before. It's insane!! I finally learned how to fight, and Cruller just gave me the telekinesis psi power. Hilarious!!!!
Old 04-29-2005, 11:10 PM   #76
Quixotic

Milla's mind is one awesome party.
Old 04-30-2005, 02:37 AM   #77

I would never.. kill everyone... Well, yes I would actually. Still nothing from DVDboxoffice except for a mail with no real content.... Except for the email address for cancelling the order.

But hey! It is cheap. Woo..
Old 04-30-2005, 09:28 AM   #78
peb
Colossal

I got my PC version Thursday (shipped by EB Games along with my Psychonauts playing cards) and I've just come up to breathe.

Here's a suggestion for anyone who has a gamepad for their PC. When I installed it, I immediately remapped the controls so I could move with the directional buttons on my gamepad. Big mistake. The default mapping to move is the left analog stick and that works much better. I wish I had left it alone before I went through the...

Spoiler:
rotating logs puzzle in Basic Braining

...50 times before I finally got through.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:45 PM   #79
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

Quote:
Originally Posted by peb
Here's a suggestion for anyone who has a gamepad for their PC. When I installed it, I immediately remapped the controls so I could move with the directional buttons on my gamepad. Big mistake. The default mapping to move is the left analog stick and that works much better.
You were insane to attempt such a thing, but I respect you for trying nonetheless. I love analog sticks for movement. No more sore thumbs.
Old 04-30-2005, 02:44 PM   #80
Doctor Watson

If you have trouble with controls, reverse mouse x-axis and y-axis (from settings). Then try again.