You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Unreal 3 engine game... HELL YEAH!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2005, 02:08 PM   #41
capsized.

We need better audio cards (I'm an audio whore with an onboard sound chip installed. HAHA! ). Oh, and less goddamn generic orchestral soundtracks. Bah.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:49 AM   #42
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire
Theres more to life than graphcis you know, the gameplay & story elements is what counts.
Um... I never said there wasn't? I'm perfectly happy to judge the game on its merits as a game - hell, I play lots of bad looking games and still have great fun. My response was to the initial post in this topic which was commenting specifically on the graphics, and I was saying that I don't find them impressive. But just as I enjoy playing old DOS games still, so I'm more than happy to play this game if the gameplay is genuinely good.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-20-2005, 09:50 AM   #43
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
We need better audio cards (I'm an audio whore with an onboard sound chip installed. HAHA! ). Oh, and less goddamn generic orchestral soundtracks. Bah.
I know your pain on the audio card front (my laptop has an onboard card which is considerably worse than my Audigy was), but I happen to like generic orchestral soundtracks . Or at least, I do when they're well-written and appropriate to the situation within the game. Which they often aren't.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-20-2005, 02:24 PM   #44
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
I know your pain on the audio card front (my laptop has an onboard card which is considerably worse than my Audigy was), but I happen to like generic orchestral soundtracks . Or at least, I do when they're well-written and appropriate to the situation within the game. Which they often aren't.
Then again, some games showed me that my onboard audio chip is capable of doing incredible stuff! So.., I'm spoiled (maybe)! The audio work in most games is b.o.r.i.n.g as hell. That just needed to be said.