You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General max payne 2 alternate ending

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2003, 09:13 PM   #1

Default max payne 2 alternate ending

if anyone here has seen it can you post what happens , spoil away. pics would help too.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by davez82
if anyone here has seen it can you post what happens , spoil away. pics would help too.
Okay, see pic attached.
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2003, 06:01 AM   #3
Kosmonaut

Send a message via AIM to Phil25 Send a message via MSN to Phil25

Most interesting.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:32 PM   #4
THE WEAK SHALL PERISH

Send a message via AIM to ChronoLegion

So, I guess the game DOES have a happy ending. What difficulty level is that ending on?
Old 12-03-2003, 06:34 PM   #5
AKA Morte

Send a message via MSN to Garyos

Dead man Walking.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:11 AM   #6
THE WEAK SHALL PERISH

Send a message via AIM to ChronoLegion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyos
Dead man Walking.
So that's the only alternate ending?
Old 12-04-2003, 09:29 AM   #7
AKA Morte

Send a message via MSN to Garyos

Yepp.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:35 PM   #8

oh wow thanks for posting the pic, well i already beat it on dead man walking ages ago, thanks anyways.

yeh the game is fun but i was really dissapointed with the ending, only that pic and 1 other pic is different, really dissapointing. But it was fun playing in hard mode.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:21 PM   #9

sorry guys, just a little confused. Does that mean mona lives? because if so it would have to mean a whole lot more than one pic changed, that whole sequence when he goes on about her dying would have to be altered?
Old 12-23-2003, 10:27 PM   #10

Yes, Mona lives!

Basically the whole final sequence is unchangend. Instead of Max ending up alone, Mona recovers (the cops shout "we have two survivors!") and this is the last picture.

There is one more extra (small) picture in the sequence, where mona opens her eyes and gives a sign of life. If you like i can try to make another screenshot.
Old 12-24-2003, 03:00 AM   #11

what really confuses me is the title of the game, Max payne 2, the fall of max payne .. he falls? dies? he does not die, mona does, and if mona is an extension of max, that would have to make the mona death ending the real ending. Making the 2nd ending totally uterlly useless.

or does it mean it is the final max payne in the series? i doubt it. Or does it refer to when he got shot in the head and lived :-P , even then he didnt die.. so im more confused. or does it mean the pain has ended for payne.. argh
Old 12-24-2003, 07:34 AM   #12

Hollo, i would love to see that screenshot if it isn't too difficult for you.

I think the meaning of his "fall" is that all his hatred and anger finally comes to an end, and he can finally move on. The fall pertains to one aspect of his character, the one that we played with during the first and second games. At the end of the game, he says he had a dream about his dead wife but it was okay, implying that he has finally gotten over her and can move on with his life.
Old 12-24-2003, 11:09 AM   #13

bsktbalmed,

This is the full sequence. There are seven pics in all, here are the first five. Your take on the meaning of "the fall...." sums it up pretty good.
Attached Images

Old 12-24-2003, 11:10 AM   #14

bsktbalmed,

... and here are the last two.
Attached Images

Old 12-24-2003, 02:19 PM   #15

excellent, thank you so much. That's just as great of an ending as the other, it's just not as depressing. Thanks a lot hollo, you're the best.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:46 PM   #16
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I finally had two days time to play Max with the Dead Man Walking difficulty. It was very much fun, and the ending is the REAL ending, I think.

I'm quite sure that there will be Max Payne 3, but it might not be made Remedy? But that could mean no Sam Lake stories and dialog...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:25 AM   #17

there will be a max payne 3

whenever i complete a game i enjoyed, i watch the entire credits - shows a little respect to the guys and gals who made it - and at the end of Max Payne 2's credits it says summat like: "Max Payne will return" or "there will be more from Max Payne". canny mind cos it's been a while since i completed it.

anyways - here's to the third!
Old 02-25-2004, 09:39 AM   #18
The Dude

Send a message via AIM to mrdunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by davez82
what really confuses me is the title of the game, Max payne 2, the fall of max payne .. he falls? dies? he does not die, mona does, and if mona is an extension of max, that would have to make the mona death ending the real ending. Making the 2nd ending totally uterlly useless.

or does it mean it is the final max payne in the series? i doubt it. Or does it refer to when he got shot in the head and lived :-P , even then he didnt die.. so im more confused. or does it mean the pain has ended for payne.. argh
I think the reason that it's called "The Fall of Max Payne" is more a fall from grace, than anything else. In the first game, you're being chased by the cops, but what you're doing has justification, you're out to get the people who killed Max's family, and are trying to kill Max. In MP2, he basically shoots and kills a cop to protect the woman he loves. He basically switches sides. (Though I was disappointed by the fact that Winterson, the cop he kills, is working for the bad guy in the end anyways).
Old 02-25-2004, 10:39 AM   #19
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandhi
there will be a max payne 3

whenever i complete a game i enjoyed, i watch the entire credits - shows a little respect to the guys and gals who made it - and at the end of Max Payne 2's credits it says summat like: "Max Payne will return" or "there will be more from Max Payne". canny mind cos it's been a while since i completed it.

anyways - here's to the third!
It was more like "Max Payne's journey in the dark continues..."
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:15 AM   #20
Visitor

. .
Attached Images