You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Psychonauts Gets Publisher, Possible Release Date

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2004, 10:51 AM   #61
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

Oh, and here you go:
Old 08-04-2004, 11:36 AM   #62
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Ah thanks very much

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 08-05-2004, 03:09 AM   #63

BREAKING NEWS!
World in shock as Double Fine's website actually contains game related news!!

see http://www.doublefine.com/news.htm

I think i'm going to have lie down
Old 08-05-2004, 04:42 AM   #64

Awesome!!!

I hope they're going to do proper support for analog pc gamepads though... now that I've got one I use it for almost every game I play. Unfortunately, most of them don't really support it at all, so you have to force the gamepad onto it with a sort of emulator that nabs all the input from right under the nose of the keyboard and mouse. I only really use the keyboard and mouse for first person games now... well, and point & click games. Although that's just the mouse, for the latter one... wow, I'm rambling.

Tis a good day for gaming!
Old 08-05-2004, 08:29 AM   #65
Mostly absent

Fook bitter and whiney, I'm buying myself a new PC!!!!!...*

*...next year.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:34 AM   #66
Mostly absent

Oh, and here you go, Jake. Do you want salt with that?
Old 08-05-2004, 09:37 AM   #67
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Majesco put out some new Psychonauts screenshots today and they're up on Mojo here. I also uploaded one of the pictures super giant wallpaper size for those looking for a new desktop picture.

This one...

Only huge. Get it here.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 08-08-2004, 07:15 AM   #68
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Double Fine has actually updated it's action news section with proper news, wow.

Don't you guys just think it's so touching that he says he's doing the PC version just for his dad, kind of brings a tear to the eye.

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!
Old 08-10-2004, 02:19 PM   #69
Statement: Not a meatbag.

Send a message via AIM to Royal Fool Send a message via MSN to Royal Fool

GameSpot Q&A

Some really funny stuff that Tim said:
Quote:
Other publishers we were negotiating with at the time were like, "OK, the game is great. We just have to run a series of eight focus group tests." Or, "We love it. Now we just have to get approval from the parent group/company/nation." That whole process is so slow and frustrating. Then Majesco shows up and they just had their stuff together. They knew what they wanted and were prepared to act on it, and when we met them it was obvious that they were for real and that they genuinely cared about games in general and Psychonauts in particular.
Quote:
I mean, if you released a game these days that didn't have any army guys in it, people would freak out. "Where did they get the idea to not use army guys? Are they taking drugs?"
Quote:
The problem isn't in listening to trends and biz-dev. It comes from reacting to those things in a simplistic way. Like, "These two games set in the snow sold really well. So we need more snow games. I can't believe we are publishing games that aren't 90 percent snow! I've been yelling that we need to make more snow games for two years!" And so on. People often imitate the superficial aspects of a hit without really understanding why that game really resonated with players. And that's dumb. Those people are dumb, and I don't like them.
Quote:
I did learn one thing from Full Throttle. Put a big explosion on the box! Psychonauts is going to have two explosions on the cover, so it will probably sell twice as much as Throttle.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:03 PM   #70
Friendly Server Admin

Isn't that photo from the moving party they had before they left the Clara street office?
Old 08-11-2004, 10:11 AM   #71
Mostly absent

Well, since I wasn't there...
Old 08-11-2004, 10:41 AM   #72
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
Isn't that photo from the moving party they had before they left the Clara street office?
I wouldn't be surprised if it was an old photo. I'm pretty sure the interview wasn't conducted in person given how static the questions seemed (and that Tim used special formatting like caps and stuff that you probably wouldn't see in a live interview).

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright