You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Can anyone help me getting Digger to work?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2004, 11:41 AM   #1

Default Can anyone help me getting Digger to work?

Hello all,

Im trying to get the very old game Digger from Windmill Software to work on a Pentium I 60, of course one would think that you can make it work quite easily if you download windigger, but im talking about the Digger version in which you can choose something like 25 other versions by pressing F10, I thought it was called Digger Loader, anyways, I tried DOSBOX - didnt help, I tried MOSLO didnt help, (altough MOSLO BIZ might help but then I would have to pay for the full version) and now im turning to you guys, Can anyone help me out maybe?
Old 06-03-2004, 02:01 PM   #2

I actually meant, getting to play Digger in normal speed, I can get it to work, just not in normal speed, its either too fast or too slow with Dosbox.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:51 AM   #3
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Zahut
I actually meant, getting to play Digger in normal speed, I can get it to work, just not in normal speed, its either too fast or too slow with Dosbox.
Try altering the CPU Cycles setting in DOSBox?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 06-04-2004, 06:31 AM   #4

Hey

Is that the same as pressing CTRL F12 or F11? if so, I already did that. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:07 PM   #5
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

If running too fast is the problem, you could always try a program like CPUKILLER. If running to slowly is the problem, though, and you've tried all the different cycle sections (which your last comment certainly implied you had), then I'm afraid I don't know what to do. Tinker around with any settings you can find, and then try checking the DOSBox compatability list.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 06-05-2004, 06:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyWare
If running too fast is the problem, you could always try a program like CPUKILLER. If running to slowly is the problem, though, and you've tried all the different cycle sections (which your last comment certainly implied you had), then I'm afraid I don't know what to do. Tinker around with any settings you can find, and then try checking the DOSBox compatability list.
Ah cool, I didnt try cpukiller yet, Thanks for the link, I will try it out immediately, will let you know how it works out.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:31 AM   #7

Wow, the results of CPUKILLER were pretty acceptable, Digger almost had a normal speed, alas whenever you finished a level the game just crashed.(It just stopped without loading the next level.)

I appreciate the help though, Thanks LaceyWare.