Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Can anyone help me getting Digger to work? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/3508-can-anyone-help-me-getting-digger-work.html)

Pete Zahut 06-03-2004 11:41 AM

Can anyone help me getting Digger to work?

Hello all,

Im trying to get the very old game Digger from Windmill Software to work on a Pentium I 60, of course one would think that you can make it work quite easily if you download windigger, but im talking about the Digger version in which you can choose something like 25 other versions by pressing F10, I thought it was called Digger Loader, anyways, I tried DOSBOX - didnt help, I tried MOSLO didnt help, (altough MOSLO BIZ might help but then I would have to pay for the full version) and now im turning to you guys, Can anyone help me out maybe? :confused:

Pete Zahut 06-03-2004 02:01 PM

I actually meant, getting to play Digger in normal speed, I can get it to work, just not in normal speed, its either too fast or too slow with Dosbox. ;)

RLacey 06-04-2004 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Zahut
I actually meant, getting to play Digger in normal speed, I can get it to work, just not in normal speed, its either too fast or too slow with Dosbox. ;)

Try altering the CPU Cycles setting in DOSBox?

Pete Zahut 06-04-2004 06:31 AM

Hey

Is that the same as pressing CTRL F12 or F11? if so, I already did that.;( Thanks for the suggestion though.

RLacey 06-04-2004 02:07 PM

If running too fast is the problem, you could always try a program like CPUKILLER. If running to slowly is the problem, though, and you've tried all the different cycle sections (which your last comment certainly implied you had), then I'm afraid I don't know what to do. Tinker around with any settings you can find, and then try checking the DOSBox compatability list.

Pete Zahut 06-05-2004 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaceyWare
If running too fast is the problem, you could always try a program like CPUKILLER. If running to slowly is the problem, though, and you've tried all the different cycle sections (which your last comment certainly implied you had), then I'm afraid I don't know what to do. Tinker around with any settings you can find, and then try checking the DOSBox compatability list.

Ah cool, I didnt try cpukiller yet, Thanks for the link, I will try it out immediately, will let you know how it works out. ;)

Pete Zahut 06-05-2004 09:31 AM

Wow, the results of CPUKILLER were pretty acceptable, Digger almost had a normal speed, alas whenever you finished a level the game just crashed.(It just stopped without loading the next level.)

I appreciate the help though, Thanks LaceyWare. ;)