You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
Senior Automaton

Default Risen 2

This game is fantastic. Anyone else playing it?

It's everything I wanted Bethesda RPGs to be but weren't. Real characters, wild and dangerous locations, interesting skill system. Graphics are really stunning.

Only downside is the combat, but who cares about that anyway, right? It's more like an adventure game in that respect. Your skill points are far more important than skill with your keyboard+mouse.

Last edited by Oscar; 05-09-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:53 AM   #2

Yeah I love the Gothic/Risen series. Only problem they've had since the beginning is the clunky combat like you said. Great game though. Reminds me of Monkey Island a lot of times.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:48 AM   #3
Space Cadet

Slightly off topic, having played Oblivion a couple of years ago I am aware of how well Bethesda can make an RPG, I am also a big fan shooters and horror survival games Dead Space one and two being my all time favourites.

I have just ordered Fallout 3 game of the year edition post apocalyptic survival the Bethesda way.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:59 AM   #4

Fallout 3 was great but I think actually liked New Vegas better. They're both very similar but I liked the way New Vegas handled all the factions a lot better.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:47 AM   #5
Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneckchen ^.^ View Post
Fallout 3 was great but I think actually liked New Vegas better. They're both very similar but I liked the way New Vegas handled all the factions a lot better.

Thanks for the feedback
Old 05-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #6

Cool. I have to wait until Aug 3rd for the xbox port.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 05-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #7

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

very displeased with risen 2 so far, much prefered risen 1
Old 05-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #8
Senior Automaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyhog View Post
Slightly off topic, having played Oblivion a couple of years ago I am aware of how well Bethesda can make an RPG, I am also a big fan shooters and horror survival games Dead Space one and two being my all time favourites.

I have just ordered Fallout 3 game of the year edition post apocalyptic survival the Bethesda way.

Bethesda? I don't think they had anything to do with Risen 2.

My opinion of Bethesda is they make games you play for a few hours then get bored with. They fool you into buying them thinking they are deep, complex games while it is only after spending some time with them you realise they are shallow and simplistic, with one-dimensional characters, samey-puzzles (or non-existent) with eye candy to draw you in.

I formed that opinion after playing Fallout 3, Skyrim and Morrowind, though I heard that Redguard was pretty good.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
Bethesda? I don't think they had anything to do with Risen 2.

My opinion of Bethesda is they make games you play for a few hours then get bored with. They fool you into buying them thinking they are deep, complex games while it is only after spending some time with them you realise they are shallow and simplistic, with one-dimensional characters, samey-puzzles (or non-existent) with eye candy to draw you in.

I formed that opinion after playing Fallout 3, Skyrim and Morrowind, though I heard that Redguard was pretty good.
He probably is comparing this game to an RPG that is done right. BTW, that is one sad opinion, complete opposite of the majority.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/