Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Risen 2 (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/31045-risen-2-a.html)

Oscar 05-09-2012 07:09 PM

Risen 2

This game is fantastic. Anyone else playing it?

It's everything I wanted Bethesda RPGs to be but weren't. Real characters, wild and dangerous locations, interesting skill system. Graphics are really stunning.

Only downside is the combat, but who cares about that anyway, right? ;) It's more like an adventure game in that respect. Your skill points are far more important than skill with your keyboard+mouse.

Schneckchen ^.^ 05-10-2012 01:53 AM

Yeah I love the Gothic/Risen series. Only problem they've had since the beginning is the clunky combat like you said. Great game though. Reminds me of Monkey Island a lot of times.

Harleyhog 05-13-2012 02:48 AM

Slightly off topic, having played Oblivion a couple of years ago I am aware of how well Bethesda can make an RPG, I am also a big fan shooters and horror survival games Dead Space one and two being my all time favourites.

I have just ordered Fallout 3 game of the year edition post apocalyptic survival the Bethesda way.

Schneckchen ^.^ 05-13-2012 04:59 AM

Fallout 3 was great but I think actually liked New Vegas better. They're both very similar but I liked the way New Vegas handled all the factions a lot better.

Harleyhog 05-13-2012 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schneckchen ^.^ (Post 611554)
Fallout 3 was great but I think actually liked New Vegas better. They're both very similar but I liked the way New Vegas handled all the factions a lot better.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Monolith 05-13-2012 10:25 AM

Cool. I have to wait until Aug 3rd for the xbox port. :(

Owskie 05-15-2012 02:03 PM

very displeased with risen 2 so far, much prefered risen 1

Oscar 05-16-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harleyhog (Post 611547)
Slightly off topic, having played Oblivion a couple of years ago I am aware of how well Bethesda can make an RPG, I am also a big fan shooters and horror survival games Dead Space one and two being my all time favourites.

I have just ordered Fallout 3 game of the year edition post apocalyptic survival the Bethesda way.

Bethesda? I don't think they had anything to do with Risen 2.

My opinion of Bethesda is they make games you play for a few hours then get bored with. They fool you into buying them thinking they are deep, complex games while it is only after spending some time with them you realise they are shallow and simplistic, with one-dimensional characters, samey-puzzles (or non-existent) with eye candy to draw you in.

I formed that opinion after playing Fallout 3, Skyrim and Morrowind, though I heard that Redguard was pretty good.

Monolith 05-17-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 612040)
Bethesda? I don't think they had anything to do with Risen 2.

My opinion of Bethesda is they make games you play for a few hours then get bored with. They fool you into buying them thinking they are deep, complex games while it is only after spending some time with them you realise they are shallow and simplistic, with one-dimensional characters, samey-puzzles (or non-existent) with eye candy to draw you in.

I formed that opinion after playing Fallout 3, Skyrim and Morrowind, though I heard that Redguard was pretty good.

He probably is comparing this game to an RPG that is done right. BTW, that is one sad opinion, complete opposite of the majority.