You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Cryostasis: The Sleep of Reason

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
Headbanger

Default Cryostasis: The Sleep of Reason

It's now available on GOG. Anybody played it?
Old 03-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #2

i haven't...i didn't even know it existed but it's the first to use realtime water physics by NVIDIA PhysX....saw the tech demo and though the water's a little,just a little, weird it's really good.

it reminds me of the Medal of Honor gui and guns but with Wolfenstein(2009)'s enemies and environment.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhetfield21 View Post
i haven't...i didn't even know it existed but it's the first to use realtime water physics by NVIDIA PhysX....saw the tech demo and though the water's a little,just a little, weird it's really good.

it reminds me of the Medal of Honor gui and guns but with Wolfenstein(2009)'s enemies and environment.
Sure you're thinking of the same game? You might be thinking of Hydrophobia. THis game is similar to penumbra.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 03-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #4

on second thought it's just the guns that remind me of MoH.

haven't played penumbra and i doubt it's hydrophobia since i don't know that either.

unless you were talking about the PhysX part in which case i refer you to the wiki page which has a tech demo link in the Development section
Old 03-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #5
Headbanger

Would be interesting to hear from people who played it. GOG describes it as an adventuregame (Amnesia and Penumbra comes to mind) but if you watch a couple of youtube videos from the game you only get to see shooting. The whole "travel back in time when you find a victim" seems fun but hardly more then an interesting gimmick.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke View Post
Would be interesting to hear from people who played it. GOG describes it as an adventuregame (Amnesia and Penumbra comes to mind) but if you watch a couple of youtube videos from the game you only get to see shooting. The whole "travel back in time when you find a victim" seems fun but hardly more then an interesting gimmick.
Well it's definitely not an adventure game. It's mainly a shooter. There is a demo out. I remember playing it a long time ago and I kinda liked it but I never did end up buying it... maybe I'll pick it up on GoG now that it's cheaper.