You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Help! Games recommendations :)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #1

Default Help! Games recommendations :)

Hi, I'm currently a bit stuck for new games to play and wondered if anybody might have any idea what games I might like from the list of my favourite games below:

My favourite games
-Chrono Trigger
-Day of the Tentacle
-Monkey Island 1-3 & Tales
-Hotel Dusk
-Ace Attorney games
-Final Fantasy 4,6,7,9
-Sam and Max

I'm not great at point and click games but always loved them, I'm more in love with games with excellent and immersive storytelling and characters.

My favourite gaming genres are: JRPG, Point and Click and Interactive Novels.

Thanks
Old 03-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #2

If you liked Hotel Dusk, its sequel Last Window seems like an obvious choice (it's just as good). Ghost Trick, from Ace Attorney creator Shu Takumi, is also a brilliant DS game (and now ported to iOS).

While we're on DS games, I can also recommend Time Hollow (fantastic story, a bit light on gameplay) and 999 (very wordy and requires you to replay the game numerous times to find the "good" ending, so it might not be for everyone, but I loved it).
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 03-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #3

The World Ends With You
Unique JRPG.

Radiant Historia
JRPG involving time travel.

Grim Fandango
Gabriel Knight
Adventure game with rich narratives.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #4

If you have ScummVM I'd recommend:

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars
Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror
Discworld
Discworld II: Missing Presumed...!?
Full Throttle

If you're wanting to spend money I highly recommend "The Blackwell" games. They're made with AGS but are worth the every penny and have an excellent storyline. They're also not very challenging so you should easily complete them. Check them out:

http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/blackwell-series.html
Old 03-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #5
Filmfreak

I agree with Kurufinwe: if you liked Hotel Dusk, then Last Window is a no-brainer, and I can vouch for Ghost Trick and 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors as well.

Since you like the Monkey Island games, Day of the Tentacle and Sam & Max, I can recommend every other LucasArts title. Especially Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and The Dig.

Another great recent title is To the Moon, it looks like a 16-bit JRPG, but it's a point-and-click adventure (though low on gameplay) with one of the best emotional stories I've ever seen.