You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General GTA 4 On PCs This November!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2008, 01:52 PM   #1

Default GTA 4 On PCs This November!

GTAIV hijacking PCs in November
Rockstar North's crime epic coming to Windows machines on Nov. 18 in US, Nov. 21 in UK; conversion will feature "expanded" multiplayer modes.
By Guy Cocker, GameSpot UK
Posted Aug 6, 2008 9:45 am PT

The year may be far from over, but many analysts have already concluded that Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto IV will go on to be the biggest-selling game of 2008. The crime epic sold 631,000 copies in 24 hours in the UK, while Take Two's financial results revealed that the game had sold 8.5 million units worldwide as of early June.

For all its success, though, perhaps the game's biggest limitation was launching on only two formats--the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. PC owners have been speculating for a while about the possibility of a conversion, as all previous Grand Theft Auto console games have made it to the original gaming platform. Today, Rockstar put the rumours to rest by announcing development of a PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV, which will ship on November 18 in North America and on November 21 in Europe.

As well as featuring Liberty City's original backdrop, story, and soundtrack, the Rockstar North-developed PC version is set to receive an "expanded" multiplayer mode. "The whole team is dedicated to bringing an amazing gaming experience to the PC," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "The game looks and plays beautifully on PC and we can't wait for people to play it."
Old 08-06-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Christ, I'd better get into it on the Xbox 360 or it will prove a horrendous waste of money.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:33 PM   #3
The Quiet One

It was just a matter of time really. The spec will probably be pretty steep. I wish i had the sort of PC to run it. It'll certainly be much smoother.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 08-06-2008, 09:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz View Post
Christ, I'd better get into it on the Xbox 360 or it will prove a horrendous waste of money.
Oh no, you didn't... ; ;

As for me, I've not bothered with any of the GTAs since the 3rd, but I might give this a shot if they make a downloadable demo for it. Would be nice to see how the franchise has progressed since.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:10 AM   #5
Thats the ticket

Hallelujah!!!

Now if they would only let you replay missions......
Old 08-15-2008, 05:09 AM   #6

The mods will be the reason I buy this again (already bought the PS3 version at the midnight launch). Can't wait to see what people come up with!!
Old 09-02-2008, 06:44 AM   #7
vio

I tried it on a friends PS3 a couple of months ago and enjoyed it, not enough to fork out money I don't have to spare for a console I only want for one game though
so I was glad to find out that it's coming to my favourite platform. say what you want about consoles, and they do have their advantages, but I've always preferred a computer
Old 09-02-2008, 06:49 AM   #8

When I was a little boy, they used to actually make games for the computer instead of porting them from consoles.

Here's hoping that we can actually buy this and not purchase two install licenses and that the controls are good at all.