You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Halo 3 - what a disappointment

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2007, 03:57 PM   #61
hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra View Post
So it turns out Halo 3's sky isn't just a simple texture. This video (and there are others) demonstrates what happens when you find a way of stepping out of map boundaries. All sorts of glitches occur, of course, but the higher you go, the darker the sky becomes. There are several layers of clouds and finally - outer space. Imagine the possibilities for the single player campaign, epic battles that start in outer space and end on the ground (or even under the ground - this is Halo, after all). I mean, the feature is probably put there for a reason.
thats pretty cool.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:53 PM   #62

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

i somehow doubt they will take full advantage of it.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:39 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriq View Post
I never understood why the Halo franchise was so popular. I find the graphics and action really neanderthal compared to some of the more advanced shooters.
I always figured that was part of their design philosophy, to try to refine old-school shooter gameplay with the knowledge that it already works well rather than innovate and risk breaking the core game mechanic.