You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2006, 09:01 PM   #41

Default I just got the demo...

I haven't played Gothic 1 or 2, but I'm enjoying the demo of Gothic 3, and I'd like to get the game, even WITH all the current bugs! I played on EverQuest for 4 years, had to quit last year and I've been looking for something that would give me the same feel as that online game but for the private PC. I've been reading a few forums now that are out there on this game. Even online games like EQ had bugs.. constantly. And they had weekly, sometimes daily updates to correct them. So far, in this demo version, the bugs can be worked around. In fact, I came across one that seemed it would kill that part of the game until I played around with it a bit. One of my "comrades" out on a quest with me (on follow/group mode), froze in a relaxed, yet "attack" stance mode. I couldn't get my viewer to "see" him and click on him. He wouldn't back out of the "Attack" and follow me when the fight was over. However, I found I could "push" him with my character by walking into him. Once I got him out of the immediate "danger" area, he snapped out of it, put his weapon away and started following me again. Quite an interesting challenge in itself since we were on a ledge, and if I'd pushed too far in one direction, we both would have fallen to our deaths and ended the game. It was quite fun. It was like he was in shock after the battle! LOL.

At any rate, I've got a question, maybe someone can help me with an answer. I've gotten stumped on how to get water into an empty vial so I can make the healing potions. I figure there must be a way of filling the vial with waters from the barrels or something else around, but I haven't figured it out yet. Could anyone out there shed some light on this small problem?

Thanks~
Old 12-11-2006, 01:00 AM   #42

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

To get water, drink out of waterbarrels (use them) or buy water in shops.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:08 AM   #43

Default Where to get water...??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
To get water, drink out of waterbarrels (use them) or buy water in shops.
This I'm aware of, but to make healing potions, you need a vial of water. I want to make my own .. unless you're saying its not possible to make vials of water and that seems unlikely, since many recipes would seemingly require water. If not, where are the shops you're talking about? I've only come across traders such as alchemists that might carry them, so far. I bought some from the first alchemist I found, went back to him later and he had none left.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:05 AM   #44

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbysox View Post
This I'm aware of, but to make healing potions, you need a vial of water. I want to make my own .. unless you're saying its not possible to make vials of water and that seems unlikely, since many recipes would seemingly require water. If not, where are the shops you're talking about? I've only come across traders such as alchemists that might carry them, so far. I bought some from the first alchemist I found, went back to him later and he had none left.
Oh. Buy all "Empty Vial" you can find everytime you visit a shop. The shops refill once in awhile and there are loads of shops all over the continent. Empty Vial's are filled with water when you use the barrels.
Remember that if you reach Regeneration or Mana Regeneration you do not really need potions anymore.

At the start of the game I ran around and bought water from every new shop I came to. Eventually I had like 250 bottles of water, then I stopped. Later I sold them off since I had bought Mana Regeneration.

Last edited by JemyM; 12-11-2006 at 05:13 AM.