You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Your Favorite Type of Racing Game

View Poll Results: Vroooooooooom!
Super Sims (Grand Turismo, Forza Motorsport) 1 2.86%
Rally Racing (Colin Mcrae Rally, Rallisport Racing) 0 0%
Street Racing (Need for Speed, Midnight Club) 3 8.57%
Super Arcade Racers (Burnout, San Francisco Rush) 7 20.00%
Other (Flatout, Big Rigs, Super Mario Kart, ETC) 21 60.00%
I don't like racing games! 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2006, 04:36 PM   #61
More slaw!!!

Haven't they made enough NFS'ss yet.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:54 PM   #62
merely human

Nope. They're hoping to beat Final Fantasy's record.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-23-2006, 12:43 AM   #63
FlipFrame

No Trep, THEY HAVE!

Please step away from the franchise...slowly as not to startle another out of it...

Old 05-10-2007, 03:09 PM   #64
merely human

Forza Motorsport 2

Gameplay clip (more here)

Anyone else here downloaded and sampled it? XBL launched the demo late last night and I played it awhile. One track, at least a couple or so dozen cars to choose from. I must say, to start, that it looks absolutely stunning - hyper realistic would be my operative term. I think I even prefer its look more than PGR3. But I've always had a difficult time with FM, it seems to have a higher learning curve than the PG series and I would have to be a truly hardcore racing fan to get into it. The controls are very subtle and demand treatment accordingly.

Is it right to say it's the RPG of racing games? Once you finish a race it shows you how it takes its toll on your car, down to graphical depiction of engine and tire performance, etc., which influences how you'll customize the vehicle to get maximum performance in the next race.

Anyway, wot you think?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-10-2007, 03:23 PM   #65
merely human

Default PGR4 features and screenies

Project Gotham Racing 4
launch date - Fall '07
Xbox 360

Gameplay clip featuring a wet St. Petersburg ( high def version)

PGR4 gets career mode, 'dynamic' weather, and (duh) new cars | Joystiq

This looks promising. I can imagine leading on the first lap but then a sudden cloudburst dampens (literally) your chances of maintaining that precious lead while retaining a high kudos score. Watch out for those instant puddles, w000000!!!

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 05-10-2007 at 03:29 PM.