You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Anyone picking up a DS Lite today?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2006, 05:22 AM   #1

Default Anyone picking up a DS Lite today?

I'm leaving in about an hour to get mine. I don't own an "old" DS, so it's all pretty exciting.

How about you guys? Or were you lucky enough to get one from a big-box store in the past few weeks?
Old 06-11-2006, 06:57 AM   #2

Just got mine and the New Super Mario Bros and I must say that this thing is insanely impressive! The game cartridge is the size of an SD card and it looks amazing running! My next purchase will be the GBA Movie Player adapter for pics, vids, and music. The thing is amazingly beautiful!

My big question is: how do you get emulators/ROMs to work on it? Can you just put them on a CF card or SD card and use the Movie Player software to convert them to work on the DS? Has anyone done this? If so, how?
Old 06-11-2006, 02:21 PM   #3

I think you need to use this.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:54 PM   #4
SamNMax

I'm perfectly happy with my DS Heavy.

Old 06-11-2006, 03:31 PM   #5
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

I think I might wait until the DS Lite comes in black, and for more DS games that I might like. I can think of plenty of GBA games I want, but I'm at a loss for which DS games would interest me. I'm not particularly interested in getting it just to play a few adventure-y games.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:39 PM   #6

There are so many great games for the DS, there's something for everyone. From brain training to puppy raising to whatever the hell Animal Crossing falls under.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #7

Yeah, I think the DS has had an absolutely amazing first year and a half. I haven't been into a system this much in ages, and I got one at launch (yes, I upgraded today). The only thing it's really lacking are RPGs, and those are finally coming later this year.

Also, I wouldn't recommend waiting for black. The finish on this thing will show fingerprints like you wouldn't believe if yoy get a dark color.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:51 AM   #8
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

There probably are some DS games for me. I just haven't been paying close enough attention. I do like me some Castlevania. Still, I want mine black. I remember how grubby my original Game Boy looked from my man-handling it. But we'll see. My birthday is next month. I might surprise myself.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:35 AM   #9

Well, the original Gameboy had a matte finish. This one's slick and shiny.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:51 AM   #10
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Anyone want to buy me a black DS lite?

Though, I'm quite happy with my regular black DS.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:10 AM   #11
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I'll buy you one, just for you.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 06-12-2006, 12:00 PM   #12

After playing on mine for a day (and then some) I have to say it was worth the wait and cash. The screen is SO detailed and clear.

My only complaint is that there's no button to change the screen brightness. The only way to is the menu at start-up. Pretty annoying.