You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Games you're most looking forward to

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2006, 11:30 PM   #21
kamikaze hummingbirds

Is there going to be a Deus Ex 3, btw, i think the ff7 remake was an april fool's joke. sorry.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:33 PM   #22
OB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite
i think the ff7 remake was an april fool's joke. sorry.
Maybe, but this would be the first I've heard of it, and you would think that one would have made the rounds(fake or not). Probably an IGN thing.

We'll find out in the coming days I suppose. I think it's inevitable given the oodles of cash there is to be made from a remake. Plus, they're making all kinds of crossover games involving those characters, so I think it's a missed opportunity if they don't.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:43 AM   #23

Quote:
Is there going to be a Deus Ex 3, btw, i think the ff7 remake was an april fool's joke. sorry.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=101101

That's about the last we heard of it, and since Ion Storm is history, well, I'm not hopeful (though I'd want to be). Warren Spector has since founded Junction Point studios, and he's working on;
Quote:
We are currently working with Valve on a new game using the Source Engine to be delivered via Steam, and are looking for top talent from within the industry to help us out.
I'm guessing that's not Deus Ex 3; after IW they immediately started working on another sequel, but I think Eidos still has the rights (correct me if I'm wrong), so I'm guessing to avoid hassle he's working on something else (Thief 4 perhaps? nah..). I really hope Eidos will someday give Spector the rights.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:52 PM   #24
kamikaze hummingbirds

the game theyre currently working on is NOT deus ex 3, i emailed them about it yonks ago and they said though it incorporates elements from the deus ex series like the character development and the freedom aspect, it is an original game.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:27 AM   #25

Oh well, doesn't hurt to have them create some original game. If Spector's making it, I'm buying it
Old 04-23-2006, 11:48 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=101101

That's about the last we heard of it, and since Ion Storm is history, well, I'm not hopeful (though I'd want to be). Warren Spector has since founded Junction Point studios, and he's working on;

I'm guessing that's not Deus Ex 3; after IW they immediately started working on another sequel, but I think Eidos still has the rights (correct me if I'm wrong), so I'm guessing to avoid hassle he's working on something else (Thief 4 perhaps? nah..). I really hope Eidos will someday give Spector the rights.
I doubt Spector even would want to do a DX 3. He probably is doing something else.

He wasn't too much involved w/ DX: IW, as it was. Warren Spector didn't even work too much on DX: IW; he pretty much looked over the project, as Executive Producer. This game was pretty much Harvey Smith's baby.

Link:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/437/437677p1.html

Quote:
Warren Spector: Ok. My name is Warren Spector. My personal title is Studio Director. I conceived the original Deus Ex and was the project director on the game. Now I'm working mostly as chief kibitzer, I guess… You know, Harvey Smith and I have been working together for over ten years now, and half the time he completes my sentences before I can, and he understands Deus Ex inside out. It was time for him to step and play a bigger role - I kind of had to get out of the way a little bit.

Mostly what I'm doing is working with him to make sure that it's true to the ideals of the original game, that the story makes sense, that the game is of the quality that we want, and the gameplay experience is what we want it to be. And because I've been making games for 20 years, I'm trying to give him the benefit of whatever expertise I have, and mostly just trying to stay out of the way; It's like, okay, things are going well. Good. I play the game a lot, and I give my feedback and say, "Hey, we need to work on this or that." So, I'm largely chief kibitzer on this game.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:55 PM   #27
delusions of adequacy

http://titanquestgame.com/index.html
http://www.gamershell.com/pc/titan_quest/ <--far more info and goodies.

Could be a nice game to play for those pining for Diablo 3 or its spiritual successor underway at Blizzard atm.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:46 PM   #28
Explorer of the uncharted

Quote:
Well, the FF7 remake excists currently as a tech demo for the PS3. I wouldn't be supriced if it would actualy be made.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:51 PM   #29
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

Quote:
There is a really good fan made FF7 game, FF7: Dark Cloud, and the game continues where FF7 stopped, it´s a amateur made game though, but really well done!

http://www.megagames.com/news/show.c...ction=screens&
Old 04-28-2006, 12:11 PM   #30
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NcroManiac
Well, the FF7 remake excists currently as a tech demo for the PS3. I wouldn't be supriced if it would actualy be made.
I honestly didn't see what the big deal with that tech demo was, other than the fact it was FF7. I couldn't see the next-genness in it.

But it seemed like Sony would have realized the amount of noise using FF7 for a tech demo would make and wouldn't have done it unless they planned on doing something with it so as not to disappoint the rabid FF7-ites.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:30 PM   #31
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak
I honestly didn't see what the big deal with that tech demo was, other than the fact it was FF7. I couldn't see the next-genness in it.
The zooming was quite breathtaking, although I must agree that by today's terms this demo doesn't look as impressive as it did a year ago.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:02 PM   #32
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
-wotsitsname- that pirate game that looks awesome
What game? you talking about Pirates of the Burning Sea? The MMO?
Old 05-01-2006, 02:28 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
What game? you talking about Pirates of the Burning Sea? The MMO?
I know it wasn't an MMO game, but that's about all I know. It looked more like Oblivion, plus.. pirates.. and grog and such.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:36 PM   #34
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Is it this one?
Old 06-08-2006, 01:00 PM   #35
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

The games that I'm most looking forward to:

New Super Mario Bros
BioShock
Crysis
id's next game
Dreamfall (I haven't bought it yet)
Spore
Rayman 4
Half-Life 2: Episode 2
Phoenix Wright: Justice For All
Sam'n Max: Episode 1
Alan Wake
Many games for Wii
Many, many other games for DS
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:13 PM   #36
Slim Shady

Metal Gear Solid 4
The Witcher (It's gonna rock the game world)
Winterheart's Guild (bet you didn't hear it before)
Jade Empire for pc
Mass Effect
Dragon Age
Nuclear Nightmare:Rise of the Fallen
Bioshock
God of War 2
Yakuza

Last edited by Solid Snake; 06-08-2006 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:20 PM   #37
merely human

Short and sweet list for me. All Xbox360 titles:

Alan Wake
Mass Effect
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Gears Of War
Enchanted Arms (iffy, but might be good)
Bioshock
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-08-2006, 01:58 PM   #38
In an evening of July...

I can do it even shorter:

Mass Effect
FFXII
BioShock (just following the hype)
Old 06-09-2006, 01:39 AM   #39
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

I see that games which have already been released are okay, so I'll start with Chibi Robo. I'm not familiar with the creators, so it could be bad, but it looks amazing. I've been waiting for a metalude which shakes up the formula, and I think this is it.

Spore, because it's Will Wright. And Will Wright is Will Wright. I hope there's a version for Wii.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, because I trust Aonuma to make an incredible game. Majora's Mask was amazing but not so fun, his second game (The Wind Waker) was amazing and lots of fun but not much good in replays. By this time, I'm betting he's gotten good enough to make a game which is amazing AND lots of fun AND completely replayable.

Super Mario Galaxy, not so much because it's Mario as because the guys behind Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat are behind this one. DK:JB is one of the best platformers I've ever played. (And I've played a fair amount of platformers.) The ideas I see on this game are brilliant. Knowing this team's work, there is no chance that this won't be unbelievable.

Finally, I'm going to join in the chorus for Rayman: Raving Rabbids. It's Michel Ancel. 'Nuff said.