View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 11:48 AM   #26
MysterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=101101

That's about the last we heard of it, and since Ion Storm is history, well, I'm not hopeful (though I'd want to be). Warren Spector has since founded Junction Point studios, and he's working on;

I'm guessing that's not Deus Ex 3; after IW they immediately started working on another sequel, but I think Eidos still has the rights (correct me if I'm wrong), so I'm guessing to avoid hassle he's working on something else (Thief 4 perhaps? nah..). I really hope Eidos will someday give Spector the rights.
I doubt Spector even would want to do a DX 3. He probably is doing something else.

He wasn't too much involved w/ DX: IW, as it was. Warren Spector didn't even work too much on DX: IW; he pretty much looked over the project, as Executive Producer. This game was pretty much Harvey Smith's baby.

Link:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/437/437677p1.html

Quote:
Warren Spector: Ok. My name is Warren Spector. My personal title is Studio Director. I conceived the original Deus Ex and was the project director on the game. Now I'm working mostly as chief kibitzer, I guess… You know, Harvey Smith and I have been working together for over ten years now, and half the time he completes my sentences before I can, and he understands Deus Ex inside out. It was time for him to step and play a bigger role - I kind of had to get out of the way a little bit.

Mostly what I'm doing is working with him to make sure that it's true to the ideals of the original game, that the story makes sense, that the game is of the quality that we want, and the gameplay experience is what we want it to be. And because I've been making games for 20 years, I'm trying to give him the benefit of whatever expertise I have, and mostly just trying to stay out of the way; It's like, okay, things are going well. Good. I play the game a lot, and I give my feedback and say, "Hey, we need to work on this or that." So, I'm largely chief kibitzer on this game.