You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Guild Wars Factions Invites

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2006, 03:16 PM   #1
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom
Default Guild Wars Factions Invites

I have three (3) Guild Wars Factions invites I can use. The first three people to post that they want one get it (basically first come first serve). All I need is your E-Mail address.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:25 PM   #2
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Ooh, me!

My email address is rlacey1234567890@laceyware.1234567890com (without the numbers).

:EDIT: If it's stand-alone.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 02-27-2006, 03:26 PM   #3

Do you need Guild Wars for that or is it a stand alone expansion? I've never played an MMORPG, but I heard this is the best along with WoW, and I'm willing to give it a go.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:32 PM   #4
Sierra Junkie

Send a message via MSN to avatar_58

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
Do you need Guild Wars for that or is it a stand alone expansion? I've never played an MMORPG, but I heard this is the best along with WoW, and I'm willing to give it a go.
Its not an MMORPG, its more like a hack-n-slash diablo 2 type. I liked it for the first pre-sear area, then after that it bored me stiff. Especially once the enemies start giving no exp and fighting becomes a chore.

I wanted to like Guild Wars (and still do) but I can barely play for more than 20 minutes now without getting bored. The quests should have included much more than "Go kill this guy hundreds of miles away" or "Go to point A to grab item B to give to person C". My arguements could be pointed at Diablo 2 as well...which is probably why I don't like it either.

I guess I'm just dissapointed that what could have been an amazing game ended up as just another hack-n-slash only without the worry for stats or leveling. Though, without those, there isn't much to this game except attacking.

EDIT - Incidently, if Factions includes more detailed quests and more to do than killing the same enemies over and over, let me know.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:40 PM   #5

In that case, save your invites for someone else Thanks though!
Old 02-27-2006, 04:24 PM   #6
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Ooh, me!

My email address is rlacey1234567890@laceyware.1234567890com (without the numbers).

:EDIT: If it's stand-alone.
Sent
Old 02-27-2006, 04:28 PM   #7
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Excellent. I'm on holiday vacation by 24th March .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 02-27-2006, 05:04 PM   #8
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

erm, If anyone who has guild wars gets 3 invites then i might have some, Ill let anyone have them if phantoms invites run out
Old 02-27-2006, 06:20 PM   #9
Lovable rogue

I haven't played Guild Wars in ages. I never found it that entertaining, but my friend had it too, and we used to do quests together, which was quite fun.
I never managed to defeat my mirror-self and that seemed like a good time to quit, especially as my friend moved onto WoW by then, so I lost any incentive.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 02-27-2006, 06:40 PM   #10
is not wierd

So now is it stand-alone or do I need Guild Wars to play it?
Old 02-27-2006, 06:59 PM   #11
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak
I'm almost positive it is stand alone. Mainly because why would you need an invite from a friend when you can invite yourself?
Old 02-27-2006, 07:18 PM   #12
Sierra Junkie

Wait, are you saying anyone with Guild Wars can try out Factions? I went into it a month or so ago and the only thing they let me do was test out PvP mode.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:35 PM   #13
Banned User

Already have an invite, but thanks.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:44 PM   #14
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak
Guild Wars doesn't require a retail purchase. You can grab the game client from http://www.guildwars.com/downloads/gwsetup.zip
Old 02-28-2006, 12:41 AM   #15
Sierra Junkie

Although you still have to pay for the full version, whether done online or retail.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:24 AM   #16
A Servicable Villain

I have to say that I find the mission quest quite more interesting than anything WoW could throw at me. At least here I have a sense of purpose and the notion that I actually matter in this world. Ah well =)
Old 02-28-2006, 03:28 AM   #17
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar_58
Wait, are you saying anyone with Guild Wars can try out Factions? I went into it a month or so ago and the only thing they let me do was test out PvP mode.
I believe that it is more then just PvP. But I'm not 100% sure. Let me ask a few people and I'll get back to you.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:08 AM   #18
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZwart
GW: Factions will be a stand-alone title - you won't need the original, but won't have access to the Tyrian continent or many of the skills from the first chapter either.

Anyone with an account in good standing will automatically have access to this event (no event key needed).

The friend pass will enable your friend to create a new account with 4 character slots of their own that will only be active during the weekend or until a retail key is added to the account. After the weekend, they will be able to log in, but won't be able to enter the game world. Because they will create their own stand-alone account, there will be no impact on the original account that sent an invitation.

According to the press release and FAQ published on the GW website, this should be a full beta, meaning access to BOTH PvE and PvP content from the new expansion.
This is from a friend on another forum that I get on.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:49 AM   #19
Sierra Junkie

Interesting, but I doubt this expansion (if thats what you call a standalone ) will make me want to play again. They need more substance to this game, something more for me to do than just attack the same group of enemies as I run in between 4 screens.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:31 AM   #20

Well, I'd say that Guild Wars has substance, but the substance is not of the kind I favor.

Namely, GW is about choosing and using the skills well. It puts the accent on the strategic aspects of role-playing.