You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Gamecube on its last legs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2005, 07:56 AM   #21
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
It has also sold huge amounts in US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
So? They'll buy anything quirky.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:08 AM   #22
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Oh snap.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:20 AM   #23
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
D'you think that, as a corporation, Nintendo is too conservative and is adverse at taking risks?
Considering the DS, the Revolution, and the hand-ful of out-of-the-box games they've currently released on the DS, that's probably the most ludicrous thing to say about Nintendo ever.

They do suck at PR, but might be getting better at it. At least they don't shit on other competitors in interviews.

But indeed, the GameCube is pretty much dead. It's still awesome to play, though.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:35 PM   #24
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
Why are you telling lies!? What did I tell you about lying to our friends?!? God. If you can't stop this I'm going to have to leave you.

Seriously. I mean, holy shit. Owned.
It's too ****ing small. I'm sick of this shitty gimmick giving Nintendo cash.

Old 10-09-2005, 02:43 PM   #25
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Hahahah GIMMICKY SHIT.

Man, yeah you're right. Nintendo is one of the least innovative companies in the games industry. The hardware they make is totally derivitive, and their games are all the same.

Throw away your Start buttons and shoulder buttons! Burn all your analog sticks. Sell your 3d platformers. Feed your copy of WarioWare to your dog.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 10-09-2005, 02:46 PM   #26
SamNMax

qtf.

I'm not saying that I hate everything Nintendo puts out. It's the GBA. I didn't have a problem with the SP, but when I saw this, I just couldn't stand it. These things are just getting way too small. Where do you draw the line? How small is it going to get?

Old 10-09-2005, 03:33 PM   #27
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Most every review of the thing says the screen is totally visible despite its small size. Whats wrong with them making a smaller one? Its clearly aimed at NEW CUSTOMERS. It's not a double or triple dip except for extreme fans. The SP is tiny. It fits in the tightest hipster pants with ease. You can have video games on the go without the bulk. It's a good thing.

You just like hating things.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 10-09-2005, 03:43 PM   #28

I made a list of GameCube that I wanted to check out.

Animal Crossing
Baten Kaitos
F Zero GX
Harvest Moon - It's A Wonderful Life
Mystic Heroes
Paper Mario Thousand Year Door
Phantasy Star Online 1 and 2
Skies of Arcadia
Tales of Symphonia

Any of them worth buying?
Old 10-09-2005, 07:39 PM   #29
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
You just like hating things.
And he's also an up and coming hipster bitch that's great for the entertainment corporations to prey on.

Which would also explain why Intrepid Homoludens shares most of the same feelings with him, what with him being a perpetual prepubescent manchild and all.

Vulvovaginitis.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:54 PM   #30
SamNMax

lol b&

Old 10-10-2005, 12:29 AM   #31
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflection
I made a list of GameCube that I wanted to check out.

Animal Crossing
Baten Kaitos
F Zero GX
Harvest Moon - It's A Wonderful Life
Mystic Heroes
Paper Mario Thousand Year Door
Phantasy Star Online 1 and 2
Skies of Arcadia
Tales of Symphonia

Any of them worth buying?
Haven't played any of those RPGs, so I can't comment on them. But I can strongly recommend F-Zero GX. It's one of the best games I've ever played, hands-down, and I'm not normally a racing fan. But what you get out of it is proportionate to what you put in- if you're looking for a game you can put a few hours into and then throw away, stay far away. You won't get anywhere in F-Zero with that attitude. But if you're willing to put a lot of effort in, and to practice for many hours before attempting anything for real, I can guarantee that you won't regret it.

On the other end of the spectrum, Animal Crossing is very fun if you're only going to play for a few minutes a day. Any longer and it might get a bit boring, but you can always come back to this game. I've had it for two years now, and I still have fun with it.

Do you have Metroid Prime? If not, get it. If so, then get Metroid Prime 2. If those two games had been the only games ever released for the system, my GCN purchase would still have been worth it. But know that you only start loving MP (as opposed to mildly enjoying) on the second play-through, once the controls are already second nature.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:44 AM   #32
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

syntheticgerbil if you have any problems with Trep then contact him in private, public threads are no place for personal insults, grudges, vendettas, etc.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:52 AM   #33
A Servicable Villain

It's stupendously hard to get Skies of Arcadia for the Gamecube anywhere in this country.

Also Metroid Prime was a beautiful experience, but for the tedious final boss who was so unconquerable he took away from the game's beauty.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:00 AM   #34
Epinionated.

I heard amazing things about Baiten Kaitos.

I ended up selling my Gamecube as the titles were too expensive.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:32 AM   #35
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticgerbil
And he's also an up and coming hipster bitch that's great for the entertainment corporations to prey on.

Which would also explain why Intrepid Homoludens shares most of the same feelings with him, what with him being a perpetual prepubescent manchild and all.

Vulvovaginitis.
Spectacular. Your first few posts back from being banned, and you're right back at it. Bravo.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:15 AM   #36
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticgerbil
Hey...

Remember when you lost that debate?

Yeah.

Old 10-10-2005, 07:45 AM   #37
Epinionated.

Hmmm... banned user. Looks like he lost this one before it began.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:48 AM   #38
SamNMax

Hm. Second time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
When you get banned, it's a sure sign you're not wanted back.

Old 10-10-2005, 09:55 AM   #39
Friendly Server Admin

Yeah, the last time he was banned for 3 months or so. Granted, he was asking for it at the time. Literally. But it's pretty obvious that he's not going to be improving. I'm looking forward to another batch of personally abusive e-mails when he finds out he's banned again
Old 10-10-2005, 10:20 AM   #40
Homer of Kittens

There's no surprise that the gameboob (hahaha Tim Schafer reference ) is not getting any love. We (or people in general) buy consoles to play games on them, and its tough to do that when Nintendo releases a few games a year. I don't necessarily blame third party, because third party usually goes for the platforms that are the most profitable to them.

Also I attribute this to the audience they are mainly targetting. They definitely have some M games, but most of their games are the cutesy type, and the audience of games has changed from the Mario days. I personally can look beyond the graphics to play a cutesy game like Advanced Wars, but a lot of people can't. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the gaming demographic has changed since the old days of Mario, but Nintendo didn't change to target that demographic. Unless they really capture the casual gamer with the revolution controller or they go after the 18-30 males like the other 2 consoles are doing, I can't see how they can stay in business as a console manufacturer.

Firefox rules