You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Yes! Splinter Cell 4 announced!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2005, 05:25 PM   #1
merely human

Default Yes! Splinter Cell 4 announced!

Sam! Sam! You hot sneaky mother****er!

Quote:
Revolutionary New Installment from the Blockbuster Stealth Action Franchise Coming Spring 2006

Amsterdam, THE NETHERLANDS – October 4, 2005 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announces Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® 4 (working title), the next masterpiece in the Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® series. Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® 4 will be available in Spring 2006 for current and next generation consoles as well as for PC.

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® 4 will thrust players into a new breed of game play that promises to innovate and revolutionize the Splinter Cell® franchise. Ubisoft is taking the saga of Sam Fisher into entirely new territory, expanding the story and depth of his character.

Games in the Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® series have garnered some of the industry’s most prestigious awards and outstanding reviews, including Best Action/Adventure Game of the Year at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in 2002 and 2004, The Academy of Interactive Arts and Science’s Action/Adventure Game of the Year Award, (Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow™) and the highest review score ever from Official Xbox Magazine (U.S.) for Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory™, a 9.9 out of 10.

“Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory™ received record-setting reviews and countless awards,” said Yves Guillemot, president and CEO of Ubisoft. “Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® 4 will be even more thrilling and heart-pounding than its ground-breaking predecessors. This new version will both enrich the gaming experience on current consoles and take full advantage of the capacities of next-generation consoles to deliver players the most fabulous gaming experience ever.”

The Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® video game franchise has sold more than 12.5 million copies worldwide since the first game launched in 2002.
Blues News
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-04-2005, 06:11 PM   #2
Grah! Grah!

I can't say this was really particularly a surprise, but still welcome news; Splinter Cell has a lot of potential, even if the previous games haven't exactly captivated me. Hopefully the plans to "take full advantage of the capacities of next-generation consoles" won't just mean the same game with an extra coat of shininess.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:26 PM   #3
merely human

Well, Ubi did state that it's gonna be for both current gen and next consoles. I only hope the 360 version gets extra features, as I'm planning on getting one.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-04-2005, 06:30 PM   #4
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

I'm planning on winning one by drinking lots of Mountain Dew. I've already got most of the guys at the bike shop donating their bottle caps to me. And then I'll play so much Splinter Cell... And Oblivion.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:02 PM   #5
SamNMax

... I'm bored with the series.

Old 10-04-2005, 08:12 PM   #6
Banned User

Me too. I've played the first and owned the second, but maybe that's because I hate sneak sneak sneaky games.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:18 PM   #7
merely human

Well, it is kinda tricky to crawl around in the dark in white socks.

< runs >
Old 10-04-2005, 08:20 PM   #8
SamNMax

I was going to say something along those lines.

Old 10-05-2005, 12:44 AM   #9
gin soaked boy

The official site is online. No real content yet, though.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:31 AM   #10
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

That's just a teaser site, I guess?
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:39 AM   #11
merely human

Sam is such a goddamn tease, ain't he?
Old 10-05-2005, 10:58 AM   #12
capsized.

Sure I am!
Old 10-05-2005, 02:25 PM   #13
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

The news that there's going to be another Splinter Cell game is so predictable that it's completely unexciting .

I may or may not get it. There are games that I'm far more excited about.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-05-2005, 09:15 PM   #14
merely human

Well, I wasn't ultimately surprised myself given how massively successful the franchise is. Still, the series is deservedly known and respected for its high level of quality throughout. Each sequel gets incrementally better.

This one's on my 360 list along with Alan Wake, Oblivion, and now Massive Effect.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:59 PM   #15
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Alan Wake.

That game could become some serious shit. I hope Remedy will think a bit outside of that old, old box (guns, monsters, yaddayadda). Like running through the woods! At night! Naked!
Old 10-05-2005, 11:01 PM   #16
merely human

Yeah, but remember, we know next to nothing about the gameplay. I wouldn't comment or even make predictions just yet. For now I'll just say it looks stupefyingly beautiful.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:51 AM   #17
merely human

Splinter Cell 4 X05 Cam trailer.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:53 AM   #18
Epinionated.

Sexeh.

For want of a better word, Sam's going down.

*coff*

Dunno what's with that incredibly fey balancing animation though.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:25 PM   #19
Citizen of Bizarro World

Still haven't gotten around to playing SC3. How much I like it will probably gauge my excitement for #4. Enjoyed the 1st 2 though.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 10-06-2005, 09:29 PM   #20
merely human

How good are you at sneaking, Mares?

I'm very deep into SC: Chaos Theory atm, and I'll tell you now, it's the best one in the series. At least the single player campaign (I don't have Xbox Live so can't comment on the mulitplayer, except that I heard it's also the best).