You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Yes! Splinter Cell 4 announced!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2005, 09:37 PM   #21
Citizen of Bizarro World

I'm the best Sam Fisher I know. The game feels too easy on hard, and that's the only way I've ever played it. The X-box controlls may take some time getting used to though.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 10-06-2005, 09:38 PM   #22
OUATIJ Creator

Damn Trep, you need XBox Live. You'd love the co-op stuff (maybe you can play it with someone split screen, I dunno, I always did it online). The levels are just like any other Chaos Theory level except they are only for co-op. It's awesome. The levels are designed for two people and you have to work together. For instance, at one point in a level one player has to lower the other player down through a vent and down to the first floor to put a code in on a pad and unlock a gate elsewhere. You also need to throw your teammate over large gaps at times, disarm cameras for them, etc. And if your teammate gets shot down, you can actually revive them twice during the level. It's very, very cool.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:42 PM   #23
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mares
I'm the best Sam Fisher I know. The game feels too easy on hard, and that's the only way I've ever played it. The X-box controlls may take some time getting used to though.
Not 'hard' - 'Expert'!!! And yeah, I only play it on Expert.

I played the first Splinter Cell on my PC, and that was fine, I had no problems whatsoever with the mouse/keyboard setup (which I customized).

And then I got Pandora Tomorrow, and now Chaos Theory, and it's amazing. It's far more intuitive for me than PC. One of the things I really, really love is how you can make Sam duck waddle, then walk, then run depending on how gently or intensely you push the analog stick. Also, picking locks is a sensual experience because of the force feedback, it really does enrich the process.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-06-2005, 09:45 PM   #24
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain
Damn Trep, you need XBox Live. You'd love the co-op stuff (maybe you can play it with someone split screen, I dunno, I always did it online). The levels are just like any other Chaos Theory level except they are only for co-op. It's awesome. The levels are designed for two people and you have to work together. For instance, at one point in a level one player has to lower the other player down through a vent and down to the first floor to put a code in on a pad and unlock a gate elsewhere. You also need to throw your teammate over large gaps at times, disarm cameras for them, etc. And if your teammate gets shot down, you can actually revive them twice during the level. It's very, very cool.
I know that! It's that I'm so damn poor! I can't afford Live right now.

I do plan on subscribing after I get my 360, which might not be this year. We'll see, I got a couple freelance design jobs coming up, so I'm saving my money.

Hey, are you gonna get Oblivion? The thieving is being worked on by former Ion Storm taffers.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-06-2005, 09:54 PM   #25
merely human

You know, I really wish Ubi would incorporate a sanity meter into all the enemy and non-enemy A.I.s. It'd be so wicked to f#&k with guards by throwing bottles left and right, switching lights on and off, and whispering to them across the room. You can squat in the dark watching them go insane and crying out for the company of their co-workers.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:39 PM   #26
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Hey, are you gonna get Oblivion? The thieving is being worked on by former Ion Storm taffers.
I will indeed be getting Oblivion. Looks great.