Smilie Faces - Am I missing something? - Page 2 - Adventure Forums
You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Smilie Faces - Am I missing something?


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2005, 08:49 AM   #21
The Thread™ will die.
 
RLacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 22,542
Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
is the only one that hasn't changed. The rest used to be in the same style, but we were asked to remove them by the person who (apparently) holds the copyright to those smilies.
And I don't remember them ever actuallly being removed . If I recall correctly, we actually kept the old ones until the forums were updated to a new major version ...
__________________
RLacey | Killer of the Thread™

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.


RLacey is offline  
Old 12-12-2005, 09:23 AM   #22
fov
Rattenmonster
 
fov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
And I don't remember them ever actuallly being removed . If I recall correctly, we actually kept the old ones until the forums were updated to a new major version ...
Right, and then the ones that came with the forum update were atrocious so Doug went and found some that were a bit more palatable.

The question of whether those shortcuts could be added back is one for him, and I suspect it's a matter of having the free time.
fov is offline  
Old 12-13-2005, 06:40 AM   #23
woof
 
Karmillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NOT REALLY RIGHT HERE
Posts: 4,750
Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo
Default

I wouldnt count on getting the old ones back, they guy who made them hasnt been on his deviant art account for over a year...

Isnt there like a big smiley database thing for forums to use?
__________________
"I've got nothing to lose! Except for...well everything."
Karmillo is offline  
Old 12-13-2005, 09:28 AM   #24
Lazi
 
Dobee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov

The question of whether those shortcuts could be added back is one for him, and I suspect it's a matter of having the free time.
anticipating.............

because if we use smilies from other sites, sometimes I can't see it at all in the forum, maybe becase those particular sites were down at the moment?? anyway, this way isn't as good as we have our own shortcut/own tag here....
Dobee is offline  
Old 12-13-2005, 01:48 PM   #25
Super Moderator
 
Melanie68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobee
anticipating.............

because if we use smilies from other sites, sometimes I can't see it at all in the forum, maybe becase those particular sites were down at the moment?? anyway, this way isn't as good as we have our own shortcut/own tag here....
If you just do the image location with [IMG] tags, it can vary. It helps to save the smiley (or any other picture) and host it with Photobucket or Imageshack which add [IMG] tags for you. That way you are guaranteed the picture will be there (and not either gone or 'changed' in any way )
Melanie68 is offline  
Old 12-14-2005, 06:55 AM   #26
Lazi
 
Dobee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 393
Default

like this ? ( I'm using the [img] method)

do you mean using [img]image link[/img] ?? but what if that website hosting the picture is down??
Dobee is offline  
Old 12-14-2005, 07:11 AM   #27
Super Moderator
 
Dale Baldwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Southampton, UK
Posts: 3,139
Default

*laugh* Nice image.
__________________
Now Playing: Catherine, Sword and Sworcery:EP
Recently Completed: The Witcher
Dale Baldwin is offline  
Old 12-14-2005, 07:48 AM   #28
fov
Rattenmonster
 
fov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobee
do you mean using [img]image link[/img] ?? but what if that website hosting the picture is down??
That's life.

Even if we had additional tags added back into the "Smilies" section on the reply to topic page, it's not going to allow you to add your own smilies the way the [img] tag does. Adding the five or six smilies that aren't on there back to the list really wouldn't be all that exciting... especially since if you really want to use them, you already can, by typing out the tags I listed early in this thread.
fov is offline  
Old 12-14-2005, 06:55 PM   #29
woof
 
Karmillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NOT REALLY RIGHT HERE
Posts: 4,750
Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
That's life.

Even if we had additional tags added back into the "Smilies" section on the reply to topic page, it's not going to allow you to add your own smilies the way the [img] tag does. Adding the five or six smilies that aren't on there back to the list really wouldn't be all that exciting... especially since if you really want to use them, you already can, by typing out the tags I listed early in this thread.
I liked the smiley compo idea, then there could be like 10 or something new custom smileys
__________________
"I've got nothing to lose! Except for...well everything."
Karmillo is offline  
Old 12-15-2005, 03:50 AM   #30
Lazi
 
Dobee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 393
Default

I meant to ask if you could post more of those :xxxxx: shortcut besides the ones you did in previous post, if not adding icons back to the right hand side on reply page..... ......for me, typing just :xxxxx: is easier than doing the whole tag thing with the URL .........(though we just copy and paste)
Dobee is offline  
Old 12-15-2005, 03:57 AM   #31
Super Moderator
 
Dale Baldwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Southampton, UK
Posts: 3,139
Default

I don't think there are any more extra ones than those already posted.
__________________
Now Playing: Catherine, Sword and Sworcery:EP
Recently Completed: The Witcher
Dale Baldwin is offline  
Old 12-16-2005, 02:24 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Ninth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 6,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
That's life.

Even if we had additional tags added back into the "Smilies" section on the reply to topic page, it's not going to allow you to add your own smilies the way the [img] tag does. Adding the five or six smilies that aren't on there back to the list really wouldn't be all that exciting...
Actually, it would. To me, at least. Remembering the :xxx: and typing them is bothersome, and I'm lazy.
__________________
...It's down there somewhere. Let me have another look.
Ninth is offline  
Old 12-16-2005, 03:34 AM   #33
Lazi
 
Dobee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
Actually, it would. To me, at least. Remembering the :xxx: and typing them is bothersome, and I'm lazy.
Now we have 2 votes for it ! Come on..

were there a whole bunch more smilies listed in the icon section here before someone claimed the copyright against us?
Dobee is offline  
Old 12-16-2005, 08:04 AM   #34
fov
Rattenmonster
 
fov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobee
were there a whole bunch more smilies listed in the icon section here before someone claimed the copyright against us?
Just the ones I listed above and the ones that are there right now.
fov is offline  
Old 02-24-2006, 04:17 AM   #35
Lazi
 
Dobee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
I forgot about
May I know the shortcut to this face too??
__________________
Lazi happy burnt bread
Dobee is offline  
Old 02-24-2006, 04:53 AM   #36
Dungeon Master
 
AFGNCAAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Poland
Posts: 4,152
Default

You could have gathered that from reading the quote in your own post before submitting; it's:
Code:
:o
__________________
What's happening? Wh... Where am I?
AFGNCAAP is offline  
Old 02-24-2006, 08:08 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Ninth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 6,409
Default

Meanwhile, Ninth begins to starve himself in order to make Tabacco add more smilies (namely the ones cited on this thread) to the "Smilies" box.
(not sure how you call that... a hunger strike?)

Ninth also has the feeling that he will feel very hungry a year from now...

And Ninth should definetely stop speaking about himself in the third person, but it seems like it can't be helped.
__________________
...It's down there somewhere. Let me have another look.
Ninth is offline  
Old 02-24-2006, 08:17 AM   #38
Super Moderator
 
Melanie68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,907
Default

Well, Doug wakes up to his cell phone so just have your hunger pangs trigger his phone and see if that works.
Melanie68 is offline  
Old 02-24-2006, 08:45 AM   #39
Lazi
 
Dobee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
You could have gathered that from reading the quote in your own post before submitting; it's:
Code:
:o
I didn't see that code when I quoted to post, it just showed that smilie face itself (as a small image/icon) when I quote. But thanks anyway.
__________________
Lazi happy burnt bread
Dobee is offline  
Old 02-24-2006, 10:13 AM   #40
Dungeon Master
 
AFGNCAAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Poland
Posts: 4,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobee
I didn't see that code when I quoted to post, it just showed that smilie face itself (as a small image/icon) when I quote. But thanks anyway.
Nono, the code tag I added to my post myself, in order for the smiley to show up as
Code:
:o
and not as . (I could have checked the "disable smilies" box on the reply page instead)

What I meant to say, was that when you hit the quote button, you can see the quoted message in the reply box just as it was written, for example:
Attached Images
 
__________________
What's happening? Wh... Where am I?
AFGNCAAP is offline  
 



Thread Tools

 


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.