You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Alex Louie interview

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2004, 03:56 PM   #1
pain is love

Default Alex Louie interview

I just wanted to say I had fun reading this interview. It makes me want to pick up where I left off (with the game) and finally finish it. And that documentary looks like it could be a blast! I'll definitely get it when it's released. Nice work Laura!

There are more old drunks then old doctors. - Willie Nelson

by_100ja
Old 10-13-2004, 05:04 PM   #2
Fienepien

Nice work...? Hm. I'm not impressed.

I liked reading what Alex Louie had to say. The interviewer tried far too hard to be one of the boys and showed her contempt for the interviewee by openly admitting she only played Bad Mojo because she was doing the interview.

Old 10-13-2004, 05:22 PM   #3
Bearly Here

Well, the main thing was to want to read what Alex had to say. So if that was the result, excellent

I didn't play the game because of the interview, it was to show how much it meant - I really really REALLY am afraid of cockroaches. Only the prospect of no way could I in good concience ask someone about their game unless I had played it, got me past my brrrrrrr reluctance and forced me to play it.

And then I did feel lame as it is truly billiant fun.

But an interview is never about the questioner - it is about the person answering...always.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:35 PM   #4
Fienepien

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMac
I didn't play the game because of the interview,
No? You could have fooled me.

Old 10-13-2004, 07:15 PM   #5
Hopeful skeptic

Just wanted to point out that it's extremely rare for an "interview" to really be anything more than an email Q&A. Those have their value, but there's nothing like a live interview to really tap into the energy the guest brings to the table. I'm sure Alex would have been far more reserved if he was just answering written questions. It's a lot more work to do it this way, particularly how Laura types so we're pretty fortunate that she went to the extra effort.

And yeah, that "making of" feature should be a real hoot.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:28 AM   #6
Fienepien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
Just wanted to point out that it's extremely rare for an "interview" to really be anything more than an email Q&A. Those have their value, but there's nothing like a live interview to really tap into the energy the guest brings to the table. I'm sure Alex would have been far more reserved if he was just answering written questions. It's a lot more work to do it this way, particularly how Laura types so we're pretty fortunate that she went to the extra effort.
Fair enough.

Pity she didn't get hold of a gimme Bad Mojo cap...