You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Kaspersky warns this site as trojan downloader?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2009, 09:26 AM   #1

Default Kaspersky warns this site as trojan downloader?

Must be something wrong... I know, but everytime I enter this site Kaspersky throws a warning at me that this site has a hidden trojan. Must be some sort of False Positive me thinks but was quite alarmed.

Supposedly from this site there's a: Trojan-Downloader.JS.Iframe.bxv which you can see on their updated virus list:

http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/viruswatc...h_virus=iframe

Anyone have any ideas. Also would hope that Kaspersky's false positives would NOT be turning peeps away from this site.
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2009, 09:45 AM   #2

Attachment of closeup, hope this helps...
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
In an evening of July...

It's just thickbox, an js library, also located here. Kaspersky just doesn't like 'compressed' javascript, as it is often used as malware loader. In this case however everything is fine.

Antivirus software often sucks like that.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuze View Post
It's just thickbox, an js library, also located here. Kaspersky just doesn't like 'compressed' javascript, as it is often used as malware loader. In this case however everything is fine.

Antivirus software often sucks like that.
Ahh thanks mate, tried adding it to trusted sites but to no avail and went onto the link you gave and here's what it gave me:

I'll contact Kaspersky to tell them this is a brilliant site with no malicious code whatsoever. They are smelly heads and are being naughty aren't they
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #5

Sent them a copy of my report and think they have sorted it as don't get the errors anymore. Yay! can get rid of this thread now thanks kuze!
Old 11-05-2009, 02:09 PM   #6
Friendly Server Admin

I guess it decides that anything that injects an iframe is a trojan, which is definitely a venn diagram situation. Some trojans inject iframes, but not all things that inject iframes are trojans