You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Reply-box doesn't work properly

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
tsa
Playing character

Default Reply-box doesn't work properly

There is something going on with the boxes in which you can type text to reply to a post or to post a new thread: the controls don't work anymore. I can't click any of them: not the smileys or the 'make a link' or 'insert an image' or the text size and- style buttons. Although I can for most things make do with typing commands like ; ) without the space for , it is a bit inconvenient for people who always use the controls.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
Game Creator Hobbyist

Still works here. (Safari on Mac.)
Old 10-17-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
There is something going on with the boxes in which you can type text to reply to a post or to post a new thread: the controls don't work anymore. I can't click any of them: not the smileys or the 'make a link' or 'insert an image' or the text size and- style buttons. Although I can for most things make do with typing commands like ; ) without the space for , it is a bit inconvenient for people who always use the controls.
That's happened to me before and I can't remember what I did to fix it. I'm sure I asked here too what I could do. I'll have to see if I can find it (it's not something on our end that we can fix, unfortunately).
Old 10-17-2009, 02:33 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Well, here's my thread concerning the same problem. Unfortunately, I fiddled with things but never understood why it decided to fix itself. There might be something helpful in there.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:54 PM   #5
tsa
Playing character

I think I might have Adblocked a bit too much. I have FireFox on a MacBook Pro. Later today I will see if it still works on my iMac.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:23 PM   #6
tsa
Playing character

Yep, it turned out I had Adblocked http://ajax.googleapis.com/* which causes the reply box to stop working properly. Everything is fine now!
Old 10-18-2009, 03:26 PM   #7
Friendly Server Admin

Yeah you definitely don't want to block googleapis.com - that'll break a lot of stuff on the internet that either uses a google api or loads things like jquery, prototype, mootools, etc. remotely.