You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2004, 08:01 PM   #1
Friendly Server Admin

Default Survey Feedback

For those of you who don't check the main page often, we'll be running an article tonight that responds to many of the points brought up in the recent site development survey. It's scheduled to post in a couple of hours, so keep an eye out!
Old 02-20-2004, 01:56 AM   #2
AKA Morte

Send a message via MSN to Garyos

Didn't anyone ask a question about polls? I don't remember if I did, but I just remembered that I'd sure wish if you'd bring them back....
Old 02-20-2004, 09:33 AM   #3
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyos
Didn't anyone ask a question about polls? I don't remember if I did, but I just remembered that I'd sure wish if you'd bring them back....
We're thinking about it
Old 02-22-2004, 02:07 PM   #4
Iconoclast

Quote:
We have specifically limited our coverage to pure adventures in order to provide the best coverage of those games, which are very often ignored. While we have nothing against games like Beyond Good & Evil or Silent Hill, we feel we can do the most good for the adventure genre by catering to the purist.
I have no problem with this view, but you have already contradicted it by having a review of Redguard on the site. Silent Hill 2 has even less action than Redguard. I died many times in Redguard, mostly on jumps, and yet didn't die once in SH2 for instance. In fact, I even died many, many times playing BS3, yet none in SH2.
Old 02-22-2004, 02:39 PM   #5
Liver of Life

I'm surprised some people have problems with/don't like the site layout. It's the sexiest site on the internet, IMHO

Plus it's quite fast making navigation easy as pie.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:15 PM   #6
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode
I'm surprised some people have problems with/don't like the site layout. It's the sexiest site on the internet, IMHO

Plus it's quite fast making navigation easy as pie.
Most of the requests were actually to go back to the old (adventuregamer) design. You know AG fans... they love change
Old 02-22-2004, 05:05 PM   #7
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Yeah wheres the old green site with the Indy knockoff? Eh, eh??

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 02-22-2004, 05:16 PM   #8
Super Moderator

This one? (albeit without the images there).
Old 02-22-2004, 05:19 PM   #9
Liver of Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin
This one? (albeit without the images there).
That's really hot, but personally, I like this one better. It has simplicity and reminds me very much of a map. Just a map. It's like the whole site has a unifying theme to it
Old 02-22-2004, 10:55 PM   #10
Retirement is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastich
I have no problem with this view, but you have already contradicted it by having a review of Redguard on the site. Silent Hill 2 has even less action than Redguard. I died many times in Redguard, mostly on jumps, and yet didn't die once in SH2 for instance. In fact, I even died many, many times playing BS3, yet none in SH2.
In our defense, that's a very old review, and we've just never taken the step to remove it. That statement you quoted was meant to emphasize that from this point forward, our editorial energy goes into pure adventures. I'm not sure that simply leaving a very old review of Redguard undermines our philosophy THAT much...but your post leads me to believe I may be wrong...

- Evan

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."