Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   Survey Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/2124-survey-feedback.html)

tabacco 02-19-2004 08:01 PM

Survey Feedback

For those of you who don't check the main page often, we'll be running an article tonight that responds to many of the points brought up in the recent site development survey. It's scheduled to post in a couple of hours, so keep an eye out!

Garyos 02-20-2004 01:56 AM

Didn't anyone ask a question about polls? I don't remember if I did, but I just remembered that I'd sure wish if you'd bring them back....

tabacco 02-20-2004 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garyos
Didn't anyone ask a question about polls? I don't remember if I did, but I just remembered that I'd sure wish if you'd bring them back....

We're thinking about it :)

Bastich 02-22-2004 02:07 PM

Quote:

We have specifically limited our coverage to pure adventures in order to provide the best coverage of those games, which are very often ignored. While we have nothing against games like Beyond Good & Evil or Silent Hill, we feel we can do the most good for the adventure genre by catering to the purist.
I have no problem with this view, but you have already contradicted it by having a review of Redguard on the site. Silent Hill 2 has even less action than Redguard. I died many times in Redguard, mostly on jumps, and yet didn't die once in SH2 for instance. In fact, I even died many, many times playing BS3, yet none in SH2.

Zygomaticus 02-22-2004 02:39 PM

I'm surprised some people have problems with/don't like the site layout. It's the sexiest site on the internet, IMHO :P

Plus it's quite fast making navigation easy as pie. :)

tabacco 02-22-2004 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kode
I'm surprised some people have problems with/don't like the site layout. It's the sexiest site on the internet, IMHO :P

Plus it's quite fast making navigation easy as pie. :)

Most of the requests were actually to go back to the old (adventuregamer) design. You know AG fans... they love change ;)

Jake 02-22-2004 05:05 PM

Yeah wheres the old green site with the Indy knockoff? Eh, eh??

Dale Baldwin 02-22-2004 05:16 PM

This one? (albeit without the images there).

Zygomaticus 02-22-2004 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin
This one? (albeit without the images there).

That's really hot, but personally, I like this one better. It has simplicity and reminds me very much of a map. Just a map. It's like the whole site has a unifying theme to it :)

Stinger 02-22-2004 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bastich
I have no problem with this view, but you have already contradicted it by having a review of Redguard on the site. Silent Hill 2 has even less action than Redguard. I died many times in Redguard, mostly on jumps, and yet didn't die once in SH2 for instance. In fact, I even died many, many times playing BS3, yet none in SH2.

In our defense, that's a very old review, and we've just never taken the step to remove it. That statement you quoted was meant to emphasize that from this point forward, our editorial energy goes into pure adventures. I'm not sure that simply leaving a very old review of Redguard undermines our philosophy THAT much...but your post leads me to believe I may be wrong...

- Evan