You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2005, 09:34 AM   #1

Default About the ravens... (spoilers)

One of the things we discussed much with Olryn and others in a French forum was the nature and role of the raven which introduces the game.

I just read your answer that Agatha isn't an AI until she's killed, which was what I understood while playing the game.

But then... How come one of her raven is spying on Lucas from the very beginning ??? Because that means she was involved in the story from the start ! Is Agatha in any way linked to The Invisibles ?

I hope you'll help me understand what is one of the most problematic plot hole of the story to me... Thanks in advance !

Last edited by Yeba; 09-29-2005 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:36 AM   #2

Nice question ...i also want to know
Old 09-29-2005, 09:43 AM   #3

Default David Cage's Answer

Good question. I think that most people missed that (of course, it is my fault).

The AI were following Lucas since the very beginning through the raven. They are even present on the very first shot of the game. They follow Lucas because they had predicted that he could be the one able to survive to the Oracle and to keep open the channel, so he would share his visions of the Indigo Child.

When Agatha dies, the AI use her as they know Lucas trusts her. It is a way for them to control Lucas and make him do what they want him to do (get the child for them).

This is why the raven is with Agatha when they meet Lucas after the orphenage.

When Lucas is killed by the Oracle with Tiffany, the AI used the Chroma to resurect him, so they can continue to use him.

I know the story seems rushed at the end, but every single element of the story including the raven lead to the end.