You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2005, 09:09 AM   #1
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther
Default Got the magic!

Is there a time when you knew you had done it? When the magic all came together? When you knew you were going to blow the socks off everyone?

Lynsie
Old 09-29-2005, 09:16 AM   #2

Default David Cage's Answer

Thanks, that's a nice question to answer ;-)

I saw the magic appearing on my screen when I played the first Beta build, three months before the end. Till then, I was playing each scenes "professionnally", to check fixes and look for improvements. I took a version with me at night for one more fix review. I started playing it at 11pm, I though just for half an hour. I played all night and totally forget bugs and fixes. I just played it and enjoyed it, like if it was someone else's game.

What really pleased me the most was how the characters were alive, how they became real, how I cared for them, and also how I wanted to know what would happen next.

I am quite a pessimistic guy, I was pretty sure that very few people would see this magic. It is quite subtle, very far from explosions and living deads. It was pure emotion.

I don't know if I have blown anyone's socks, but I also know that some people totally missed that part and just judged Fahrenheit as another video game. Fahrenheit is NOT a video game. In my mind, it is really something else.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:26 AM   #3
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cage
I don't know if I have blown anyone's socks...
Oh you have. It was a good thing the game wasn't longer than it was, because I was seriously running out of socks when I played it.