You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2005, 08:03 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813
Default David Cage on Gamespot?

Was that really you replying to questions in the Gamespot board under the name Lucas Kane? It's very hard to tell who is real and who is fake on the Internet and I know a lot of people had doubts. Thanks for your understanding if that was really you.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:58 AM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

That thread got taken down, didn't it? I was wondering if it was at David's or Quantic's request.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:00 PM   #3

No, a Gamespot mod took it down; or so I heard. And then Lucas Kane (who was supposedly David Cage, started a new thread).
Old 09-29-2005, 12:07 PM   #4

Thank you to ask. At some point, you don't know how to convince people that you are who you are.

Yes, it was me. I spent some time on a couple of forums to talk with gamers and exchange our views. It was extremely interesting.

I still don't know why Gamespot shut the thread down. They had my personal Email adress and could quite easily check who I was.

I was also really surprised to see people's reactions, like if having David Cage on a forum was a kind of miracle they could not believe. I am just someone passionate about his work and it is quite natural to spend some time with the people sharing my passion and allowing me to work in this great industry doing what I love the most.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cage
I still don't know why Gamespot shut the thread down. They had my personal Email adress and could quite easily check who I was.
Gamespot has gotten really bad lately, IMO. Many threads are shut down and people are modded for no apparent reason. I've seen a lot of recent complaints about mods abusing their power on Gamespot (but of course most of those threads are also closed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cage
I was also really surprised to see people's reactions, like if having David Cage on a forum was a kind of miracle they could not believe. I am just someone passionate about his work and it is quite natural to spend some time with the people sharing my passion and allowing me to work in this great industry doing what I love the most.

It was amazing. You never see developers taking the time to chat with us gamers. I think many people were so shocked they couldn't believe it was actually you. It truly shows what kind of company QuanticDream is when you would take the time to honestly answer our questions. Thank you.