You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Archived Developer Chats Fahrenheit Chat What happened to the last quarter of the game ? BIG SPOILERS

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2005, 08:19 AM   #1

Default What happened to the last quarter of the game ? BIG SPOILERS

Hi, and thanks a lot for taking the time to do this.

I bought Fahrenheit a few days after its release and played it in a handful of intense nights. And while I'm really thankful for the daring innovations Fahrenheit offers, I must admit I was hugely disappointed around 75% of the story.

It seems to me this is a quite radical turning point in the game. First in the story, which evolvates from paranormal thriller to much more grand scale, epic fight for the fate of the world, almost in a « super hero » way.

This goes hand in hand with a brutal acceleration of the pace of the narrative, with an important « time jump ».

And then Tyler got ridden off in what seems a quite clumsy, inappropriate way.

The game becomes more rigid (no possibility of carla not wanting to help Lucas).

And let's not talk about the ending where you can see Lucas and Carla like three months later... with the same clothes ???

Even the credits seem to have been made in a hurry, with a bunch of (beautiful) art... repeating over and over.

So my question is quite simple : what happened ? Lack of money and/or time to properly finish the game ?

[Sorry to all the readers for my English... As you might have guessed I'm French]

Last edited by Yeba; 09-29-2005 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:24 PM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

Bonjour Yeba!

The issue of the ending feeling rushed is addressed a bit in this thread.