You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The Scott Question Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2005, 07:15 AM   #101
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashing
Tell me oh wise one, tell if you know,
What needs no rain and yet it can grow.
Tell what can blossom, bloom through the years,
Tell what can yearn and cry without tears
That sounds like love to me, but I'm a hopeless romantic.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-15-2005, 07:33 AM   #102
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
What is the best way to relax when at home?
Hmmm...relaxation is a personal thing, so what one person finds relaxing might just irritate another. Some people may shoo everyone out of their house so they can get some peace and quiet, while others might take comfort in nestling in the noisy bosom of their friends and family. Some people prefer to veg out on the couch, others like Elton28 go for long bike rides in the country.
I could go on and on, but basically your home should be your sanctuary and it should be filled with things that bring you peace and joy, whatever those things might be. Just walking through the door of your home after the day's work is done should calm you a little bit.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-15-2005, 10:09 AM   #103
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

What are the most important characteristics in a love-mate?

Looks?
Sense of humor?
Warmth?
Patience?
Understanding?
Good in bed?
Common likes/dislikes?
Disposition?
Philosophy?
Other?

Lynsie
Old 07-15-2005, 10:36 AM   #104
kamikaze hummingbirds

O great Thrifty... if god is good, then why did he make me wake at !&$@ing 8 in the morning so I had to leave the house about five minutes after waking up?
Old 07-15-2005, 11:03 AM   #105
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Hmmm...relaxation is a personal thing.....others might take comfort in nestling in the noisy bosom of their friends and family.
You just read my mind. Come here, ya big soft Southern bear!!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-15-2005, 01:18 PM   #106
kamikaze hummingbirds

You rest in the bosoms of your friends and family!?! WHAT?? There's a BEAR on the forums!! A BEAR?? Why was I not informed.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:50 PM   #107
I'm complicated

Send a message via MSN to smashing

Great Scott, how would you cure insanity?
Old 07-15-2005, 05:25 PM   #108
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
What are the most important characteristics in a love-mate?
A penis and a pulse rate, for starters.

Quote:
Looks?
Time and experience has shown that I am fated to never date anyone who is technically "my type", so looks aren't all that important. Everyone has both something beautiful and something hideous about themselves. I'm shallow enough not to want to date some who is traffic-stopping ugly, but I'm not comfortable dating someone who is traffic-stopping gorgeous, either.

Quote:
Sense of humor?
If someone can make you laugh, that can make up for a multitude of minor transgressions, so I'd say that's very important.

Quote:
Warmth?
It never hurts to be nice, and someone laying their head on my shoulder while we watch a movie just makes me melt, so that's very important too.

Quote:
Patience?
I always wind up being "the patient one", so that's no so important. I can deal with someone else working themselves into a lather as long as they don't expect me to do the same.

Quote:
Understanding?
Most important. Two people realizing that they aren't going to see eye-to-eye on every issue and being okay with that is the core basis for a good long-term relationship. Everyone enters a relationship with baggage, and helping your partner shed or put away that baggage is what commitment is all about.

Quote:
Good in bed?
Willingness and negotiation count for more than skills and experience. Skills can be taught if someone is willing to learn them, and "I'll do this if you'll do that" is not a bad way to get along. I'd say "Good in bed" is of little importance, but with qualifications.

Quote:
Common likes/dislikes?
A 50/50 overlap of interests is ideal. That way you can share things you both enjoy as well as learn about new things from each other. Each day bringing it's own surprises helps keep a relationship fresh over time.

Quote:
Disposition?
Someone who isn't as laid-back as I am is a good thing, but a raving hothead isn't good for anyone. Flexibility, adaptability, and a good outlook are the best qualities to have, so this is very important.

Quote:
Philosophy?
If two people agree on everything, one of those people is unnecessary. Differences are things to be explored and cherished, and a different viewpoint can be quite illuminating on almost any issue. Again, a 50/50 overlap is very good, but 100% agreement is bad. Fairly important, this one.

Quote:
Other?
All sorts of shallow physical things, but nothing of real importance.

Quote:
Lynsie
ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-15-2005, 05:29 PM   #109
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite
O great Thrifty... if god is good, then why did he make me wake at !&$@ing 8 in the morning so I had to leave the house about five minutes after waking up?
He/She did that as gentle reminder for you not to spend all night surfing the web and playing games when you have somewhere to be the next morning.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-15-2005, 05:43 PM   #110
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashing
Great Scott, how would you cure insanity?
Which form?
Many types, such as schizophrenia and MDD (Manic-depressive disorder) can be treated with pharmaceuticals, but the side effects of such medications range from slightly annoying to absolutely horrifying. Also, these treatments don't cure the unsettled mind, they only minimize it's problems as long as they're being administered regularly.
The brain is the least understood of all organs, and anyone who has studied it sooner or later comes to be amazed that it works at all.
Tens if not hundreds of years of diligent research and creative observation are needed before we can begin to heal troubled minds, and I am in no way qualified to do so, or to even speculate on the methodology necessary for such a noble undertaking.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-19-2005, 11:42 AM   #111
just visiting

Default who knew??

I've known Scott since 1988 & have essentially watched him grow up (although there's serious doubt he was ever a child) & reading this thread had been most enlightening.

He's always been one of my favorite people & now you folks know what a truly good guy he is. I also know that he's prob'ly fuming right now because this man simply does NOT take compliments very well!

I'm glad he found this place & shared it with me.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:24 PM   #112
merely human

Whoah! You must have picked up Scottsie's warmth from this thread all the way from cyberspace, em-deecee. Welcome to the community and I hope you'll stay a while. You might be needed to catch some of us who faint from being overwhelmed by Scottsie's good graces.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-19-2005, 02:35 PM   #113
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Dear Mr Scott,
I couldn't help noticing a recent forum topic in which you kindly consented to answer a number of questions on behalf of the forum-visiting public. This being the case, I was wondering if you might perhaps lend your esteemed intellect to grappling with the following, all important issue:

How quickly will J K Rowling finish the next Harry Potter book?
Ever yours,
RLacey

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 07-19-2005, 02:44 PM   #114
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Dear Mr Scott,
I couldn't help noticing a recent forum topic in which you kindly consented to answer a number of questions on behalf of the forum-visiting public. This being the case, I was wondering if you might perhaps lend your esteemed intellect to grappling with the following, all important issue:

Ever yours,
RLacey

He's all-knowing, but he can't perform wonders!

Though I still would like to ask the same.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 07-19-2005, 02:57 PM   #115
Bad Influence

Quote:
Dear Mr Scott,

Ever yours,
RLacey
Having just finished the sixth book moments ago, I can only say that she won't finish the next Harry Potter book soon enough to suit any of us.
Type faster, Ms. Rowling, type faster!

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-19-2005, 02:58 PM   #116
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Having just finished the sixth book moments ago, I can only say that she won't finish the next Harry Potter book soon enough to suit any of us.
Type faster, Ms. Rowling, type faster!

ScottMate
Scott!

Do you know of a way to prevent Miss Rowling from sleeping (and playing Minesweeper)?

Old 07-19-2005, 03:18 PM   #117
Bad Influence

Quote:
Scott!

Do you know of a way to prevent Miss Rowling from sleeping (and playing Minesweeper)?
Without resorting to various "Misery"-like scenarios, nothing springs to mind.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-19-2005, 03:23 PM   #118
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Quote:
Without resorting to various "Misery"-like scenarios, nothing springs to mind.

ScottMate
Care to elaborate? I'm sure something could be arranged...

Old 07-19-2005, 05:05 PM   #119
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Quote:
Originally Posted by em-deecee
I've known Scott since 1988 & have essentially watched him grow up (although there's serious doubt he was ever a child) & reading this thread had been most enlightening.

He's always been one of my favorite people & now you folks know what a truly good guy he is. I also know that he's prob'ly fuming right now because this man simply does NOT take compliments very well!

I'm glad he found this place & shared it with me.
em-deecee - welcome to AG! As a friend of Scott's, you will find friends here too! We've gotten to see this kind and gentle man and his wisdom, and come to appreciate him. And he better get used to the compliments! He's already gotten a bucketful!

Lynsie
Old 07-20-2005, 03:40 AM   #120
Squeaky

Yeah, welcome to the forum em-deecee! Hope you enjoy your stay here .

"doesn't take compliments well"? Having a bit of a laugh, are you? He luuurrrrves it - all that faux blushing of his doesn't fool anyone