You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Which Game Should I Play Next?

View Poll Results: What's Next?
The Last Express 11 73.33%
Call of Duty: United Offensive 0 0%
Syberia II 2 13.33%
Curse: The Eye of Isis 2 13.33%
The 11th Hour 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2005, 05:03 PM   #1
Banned User

Default Which Game Should I Play Next?

I'm working my way through my list in pretty good time. Just finished Still Life, and now I can't decided what to play next, so I need you help.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:05 PM   #2
SamNMax

Obviously The Last Express.

Also, you might want to pass on the 11th Hour.

Old 06-12-2005, 05:06 PM   #3
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
Obviously The Last Express.

Also, you might want to pass on the 11th Hour.
Why? Is it bad?
Old 06-12-2005, 05:08 PM   #4
SamNMax

If you can stand a few terrible puzzles and a stupid story, it's not bad.

Old 06-12-2005, 05:21 PM   #5
OUATIJ Creator

United Offensive is a pretty cool expansion pack. However, Battlefield 2 is cooler and you're already playing that. I would suggest buying the retail version of Battlefield 2 as your next game. Other than that though, you can't go wrong with The Last Express. It's my #3 favorite adventure game.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:23 PM   #6
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain
United Offensive is a pretty cool expansion pack. However, Battlefield 2 is cooler and you're already playing that. I would suggest buying the retail version of Battlefield 2 as your next game. Other than that though, you can't go wrong with The Last Express. It's my #3 favorite adventure game.
Only a fool buys a game when it first comes out
Old 06-12-2005, 05:24 PM   #7
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

I voted for -

Curse - The Eye of Isis - mainly because it's the only game on that list I haven't played yet
Old 06-12-2005, 05:24 PM   #8
SamNMax

Oh, I guess I really am a loser.

Old 06-12-2005, 05:30 PM   #9
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
Only a fool buys a game when it first comes out
Ha ha, even if you're joking there is a reason why that doesn't apply to Battlefield 2. Since it's an online game, your opponents will always be evolving (learning the kits, learning the maps, perfecting strategies), and your stats are tracked and kept online at a website. When you get higher rankings with certain kits, you earn new weapons (IGN says that one of the sniper rifles you get can shoot through reinforced glass, allowing you to snipe chopper pilots in mid-flight, lol). So, I personally want to get Battlefield 2 when it's new so I can learn all the maps along with everyone else and raise my ranking instead of being hopelessly outmatched and "noobified" by getting the game weeks or even months later. Heh.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:44 PM   #10
Banned User

Quote:
Ha ha, even if you're joking there is a reason why that doesn't apply to Battlefield 2. Since it's an online game, your opponents will always be evolving (learning the kits, learning the maps, perfecting strategies), and your stats are tracked and kept online at a website. When you get higher rankings with certain kits, you earn new weapons (IGN says that one of the sniper rifles you get can shoot through reinforced glass, allowing you to snipe chopper pilots in mid-flight, lol). So, I personally want to get Battlefield 2 when it's new so I can learn all the maps along with everyone else and raise my ranking instead of being hopelessly outmatched and "noobified" by getting the game weeks or even months later. Heh.
Oh I meant it. Actually, I should say fools with money only buy games when they first come out. I don't really play games online, I just enjoy the single player aspect of BF2.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:49 PM   #11
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Oh I meant it. Actually, I should say fools with money only buy games when they first come out. I don't really play games online, I just enjoy the single player aspect of BF2.
???!!! Seriously? What single player aspect? Big maps with BOTS? Oh boy... Nevermind, I don't recommend Battlefield 2 at all as a single player game. That settles it...get The Last Express and never look back.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:14 PM   #12
Banned User

Quote:
???!!! Seriously? What single player aspect? Big maps with BOTS? Oh boy... Nevermind, I don't recommend Battlefield 2 at all as a single player game. That settles it...get The Last Express and never look back.
Hahah why not?! I love it! I played BF 1942 that way the einter time. It was fun! Ahhh i'll probably play it online, I just got dsl recently. Before I had dial up.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:47 PM   #13
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71
Curse - The Eye of Isis - mainly because it's the only game on that list I haven't played yet
It sucks, though. I had the Xbox version and got sick of it. Traded it in (along with LOTR:ROTK and Morrowind*) and got Psychonauts instead.

* Yeah I know, Morrowind's a good game but I didn't have the patience for it at the time.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-12-2005, 06:50 PM   #14
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
It sucks, though. I had the Xbox version and got sick of it. Traded it in (along with LOTR:ROTK and Morrowind*) and got Psychonauts instead.

* Yeah I know, Morrowind's a good game but I didn't have the patience for it at the time.
Eh, I got it for $4 brand new.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:50 PM   #15
merely human

What? Psychonauts?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-12-2005, 07:28 PM   #16
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Hahah why not?! I love it! I played BF 1942 that way the einter time. It was fun! Ahhh i'll probably play it online, I just got dsl recently. Before I had dial up.
I guarantee that once you try it online you will never go back. Now that you have DSL, you absolutely must play it online. It's so incredibly fun. Real people are so much more unpredictable and well...real...than A.I. bots. Plus, the teamwork is excellent this time around. You can form into squads of up to 6 people and plan strategies on the fly over microphones. It's just so much fun. I have a buddy who decided online games were "stupid" then he actually got into one, and it changed him. Heh. Try it. What do you have to lose? Oh...except for a lot of time and possibly a bit of your life.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:45 PM   #17
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
What? Psychonauts?
Nooooo curse!
Old 06-12-2005, 07:49 PM   #18
merely human

No need to curse, hon. After all, you did get it for cheap.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:33 PM   #19
Banned User

Old 06-13-2005, 12:26 AM   #20
Epinionated.

Only people who want to support the games industry buy games when they first come out... did you know part of the problem with adventure games is that in general, and after a census on a couple of sites, that adventure gamers always wait for a price drop, sale or second-hand? And then some moan about the state of the genre!

New games cost money. That's it. There's no point calling someone a fool for buying something new. I'll always look for a bargain - I often get my games from Jersey (tax/import haven, cheaper to buy there and ship it), but if a title comes out I've been waiting for then I'll buy it. There's no point calling someone a fool if they can afford to do it, or have been waiting a while for that new piece of entertainment they've been looking forward to or saving up.