You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2005, 08:54 AM   #1
Αγαπώ την Κέρκυρα

Default On me jollies!

Hi guys

Just to let y'all know I am off on holiday to Corfu (rub it in some more Elt, why dont ya) in a matter of hours, so I have just come to say taraa.

So erm.......taraa for now and I'll see y'all when I get back on the 22nd June, with some piccies for ya if they're wanted.

Anyway, the train to Manchester airport leaves at 02.14 so I will need sleep, as Tuesday is gonna be a long and tiring day. So I am gonna attempt to get some now.

Well, see you all in 2 weeks and take care of yourselves and each other

Love y'all

Elt

Θα ημουν μαλλον στο ποδιλατο μου!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 10:14 AM   #2
merely human

Bitch. Have fun.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-06-2005, 10:19 AM   #3
Epinionated.

I need a holiday.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:33 AM   #4
Αγαπώ την Κέρκυρα

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Bitch. Have fun.
LMAO

See ya soon m8

NN all

Elt

Θα ημουν μαλλον στο ποδιλατο μου!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 11:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton28
LMAO

See ya soon m8

NN all

Elt
You'd better bring back lots of pictures (Do you have a red speedo by any chance? )

Have fun, Elton!
Old 06-06-2005, 12:14 PM   #6

Corfu. That's in Egypt, right? I'd really like to go there one day; the pyramids must be quite something to see in person.

Be wary of people selling "artifacts". I would imagine they were made last week and left to sit in dung. Or, they were looted, which is a no-no. Just thought I'd mention this, because I just finished up with a course on archaeology.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:17 PM   #7
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
You'd better bring back lots of pictures (Do you have a red speedo by any chance? )
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-06-2005, 12:43 PM   #8
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe
Corfu. That's in Egypt, right? I'd really like to go there one day; the pyramids must be quite something to see in person.

Actually it's Greece. I believe you are thinking of Cairo. Or Giza, which is where the Pyramids are.

Quote:
Be wary of people selling "artifacts". I would imagine they were made last week and left to sit in dung. Or, they were looted, which is a no-no. Just thought I'd mention this, because I just finished up with a course on archaeology.
They were made to sit in dung to make them look old. But that's not the worst part. Sometimes they might try to steal from you, when you get out your purse (often those are children, who usually do this, as far as I know).

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 06-06-2005, 01:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
Actually it's Greece. I believe you are thinking of Cairo. Or Giza, which is where the Pyramids are.
Yeah, you're right. I was mixing it up with the Pyramid of Khufru.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Pyramid of Khufru.

Ah, I should have thought so. In german he's called "Chephren", so I didn't realize it. Here are all the names in german (in order of size of pyramid, and I believe also chronological order, if I remember correctly):

Mykerinos, Chephren, Cheops. (but I guess you know the order already. )

-

Old 06-06-2005, 01:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Here are all the names in german (in order of size of pyramid, and I believe also chronological order, if I remember correctly):

Mykerinos, Chephren, Cheops. (but I guess you know the order already. )
I don't remember that much from the Art History course I took. Mykerinos I didn't recognize; here it's Menkaure.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:28 PM   #12

Quote:
I don't remember that much from the Art History course I took. Mykerinos I didn't recognize; here it's Menkaure.
Yup. That's him. (It is easy to remember that he has the smallest pyramid, by hearing the german name. "Mykerinos" sounds a bit like the german "mickrig", which is a nasty way of saying something is small.)

-

Old 06-07-2005, 02:24 AM   #13

Quote:
Yup. That's him. (It is easy to remember that he has the smallest pyramid, by hearing the german name. "Mykerinos" sounds a bit like the german "mickrig", which is a nasty way of saying something is small.)

-
It's funny, because the names are the same in French and in German (although it's Kheops and Kephren), and Mykerinos is the easiest to remember indeed, for about the same reason (mini-kerinos).

Hope you're enjoying your holidays, Elton!