You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat What Do You Look Like?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2005, 07:44 AM   #401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Dogs see people as Gods, whereas cats see people as other cats, albeit big, ugly ones. Since this forum is mostly populated by rugged individualists who try to respect the views of others, it's only natural that they would tend to be "cat people".
This is so not true. I am a dog person who sees his dog as god while his dog sees him as her personal chef/butler.

Old 07-05-2005, 07:57 AM   #402
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
This is so not true. I am a dog person who sees his dog as god while his dog sees him as her personal chef/butler.

LOL, gilly! we see who got trained in your house!

Lynsie
Old 07-05-2005, 10:56 AM   #403
Schoolgirl From Hell

Quote:

I feel for you, man.

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 07-05-2005, 11:08 AM   #404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
I feel for you, man.
Kind of makes me think of the old Jerry Seinfeld line about if aliens really come down and observe human/dog behavior, they will think dogs are the masters and humans are their servants. Otherwise, why would we walk behind dogs holding their poop in a little black baggie. I, too, have hold my share of little black baggie. What can't I say? I serve my master well.

Old 07-05-2005, 11:14 AM   #405
merely human

Quote:
Me
Beautiful. Simply, unaffectedly beautiful.

Quote:
...and my not-really-my-cat. Cat looks a little pissed. I look like the happy strangler.
That is one weird-ass looking cat. In a good way, that is.

Quote:
Kind of makes me think of the old Jerry Seinfeld line about if aliens really come down and observe human/dog behavior, they will think dogs are the masters and humans are their servants. Otherwise, why would we walk behind dogs holding their poop in a little black baggie. I, too, have hold my share of little black baggie. What can't I say? I serve my master well.
Would you rather your dog hold the bag in his mouth and walked behind you while you went around squatting and crapping all over a public park?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-06-2005, 08:38 AM   #406
Schoolgirl From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Beautiful. Simply, unaffectedly beautiful.
Oh thanks. That's so sweet of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Would you rather your dog hold the bag in his mouth and walked behind you while you went around squatting and crapping all over a public park?
Burst out laughing uncontrollably.

Old 07-07-2005, 10:45 AM   #407
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Jesus, what's with all these cat people on the AG forums. Where are the dog people? I need to see more pics of people with their dogs. I mean come one, Ninetendo's working on a game Nintendogs! you don't see them making Nitencats now, do you?
I could take a picture of my dog, but she's not here right now...

Quote:
Mira, by the way, both you and not-really-your cat look gorgeous.
Agreed, and btw the cat looks a lot like Rasputin from Sokal's Canardo comics.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:55 AM   #408
with extra cheese!

Mira, you are very pretty and your cat - well, he/she looks grumpy, but the paws look so cute and furry.
and all the signs that should show me what's right and what's wrong have been knocked down, shaken and smothered by previous lovers and non-descript others like me, who don't know what it's for, all I know is that I want more.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:16 AM   #409
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Agreed, and btw the cat looks a lot like Rasputin from Sokal's Canardo comics.

Speaking of Rasputin, did you know that that guy must have been very intent on staying alive?

Here is how Wikipedia summed up the reports of the assasins, about his assassination:

Quote:
How exactly they killed Rasputin is not clear. There was no police investigation after his death, so we know only their own version. According to them, Yusupov invited Rasputin to his palace on the pretext of his wife Irina needing his attentions as a healer. In a dining room in the palace basement, the two served their guest with wine and cakes laced with potassium cyanide. The poison was ineffective, so they shot Rasputin three times in the chest, back and head, and beat him around the head with a dumb-bell handle. They then tied him up in a sheet and dropped him through a hole in the ice into the Neva River. He drifted under the ice, still fighting to free himself.

(...)A book by Edvard Radzinsky suggests Yusupov may have deliberately fluffed the murder, because he was in love with Rasputin. None the less, with poison, bullets and bruises, he still managed to move about under the freezing ice water.

Taking that into account, please read this excerpt from the "DISCWORLD ASSASSIN'S GUILD YEARBOOK AND DIARY 2000" (or 2001, for Germany...oh, I wuv my wittle Yearbook... ):

Quote:
GUILD ORDER: Harold, Duke of Pseudopolis. Completed by Prince Podgorni (not a guild member), with a club, a chain, a small crossbow, a dagger, poison and finally also with an anchor, that was to hold the client underwater. His highness the Duke was a very resistant man and just didn't want to give up. Prince Podgorni had to cut a hole in the nearby frozen river, and push the duke inside. The duke caught a cold during this, and died three months later.

Sounds familiar somehow...

This is my bit of randomness for today, I guess.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 07-07-2005, 11:23 AM   #410
Epinionated.

Question for Mira - I'm genuinely interested here... you're Russian... but you look very dark for a Russian, more mediterranean, perhaps Spanish... is that a regional trait, or are your family true Russian stock? I guess I just figure most Russians are blonde, but then Northern Italians are typically red haired/blonde, so it's all about region I guess.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:28 AM   #411
merely human

I don't think Mira is really Russian. She had listed her location a while back as Malaysia, iirc.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-07-2005, 12:01 PM   #412
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
This is my bit of randomness for today, I guess.
I often wonder how on earth you are capable of that.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:03 PM   #413
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormsie
I often wonder how on earth you are capable of that.

Godly Blessing?

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 07-08-2005, 09:46 AM   #414
Schoolgirl From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Question for Mira - I'm genuinely interested here... you're Russian... but you look very dark for a Russian, more mediterranean, perhaps Spanish... is that a regional trait, or are your family true Russian stock? I guess I just figure most Russians are blonde, but then Northern Italians are typically red haired/blonde, so it's all about region I guess.
No, I'm not Russian. He he. I'm Malaysian, born and bred - but extremely mixed blood. If you like, I can dye my hair blonde, but I don't think it will go with my wardrobe. I hope I didn't disappoint you . I'm studying in Russia, hence the location. But I will be flying back home next Wednesday for my summer holidays. Anybody wants curry puff?

Old 07-08-2005, 10:00 AM   #415
Epinionated.

No! I'm not disappointed! Don't be silly! I'm just interested as you don't look Russian! Where are you studying?

Wow. Home is Malaysia... I can never get over bumping into exotic people from exotic locations on the internet. I'm such a Londoner. True, we've got a huge mix of people here, but it's different when you're communicating (even through text) with so many people around the world.

One thing I've discovered, even though politics and religion might differ between us all, personality-wise I'm always suprised by just how much we share. That said, it's kind of to be expected, but on this board in particular everyone's very genuine, very down-to-earth and creative in their own way.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:07 AM   #416
Schoolgirl From Hell

Quote:
No! I'm not disappointed! Don't be silly! I'm just interested as you don't look Russian! Where are you studying?
Moscow.

Quote:
One thing I've discovered, even though politics and religion might differ between us all, personality-wise I'm always suprised by just how much we share. That said, it's kind of to be expected, but on this board in particular everyone's very genuine, very down-to-earth and creative in their own way.
I know, right? It's so whacky! Living through the idiot-box (the TV, I mean - sometimes I can be slow so I'm worried there might be others like me), you'd be saying to yourself "Oh, maybe it's better there" etc etc... but when you've reached the other side of the fence, it's more or less the same, in a unique way. The world, after all, is just one huge globe, with different people scattered all over it. That being said, I came all the way to Russia to discover that they have worse mosquitoes but our cockroaches are their grandaddies, and winter is only pretty when you're in a warm room looking out through the window.

My best friend's always talking about London. She loves the city. I hope someday I will get to see it, despite the tragedy.

Old 07-08-2005, 10:09 AM   #417
with extra cheese!

Mira - whereabouts in Malaysia are you from? I grew up in Kuala Lumpur. Missing the Indian cuisine terribly.
and all the signs that should show me what's right and what's wrong have been knocked down, shaken and smothered by previous lovers and non-descript others like me, who don't know what it's for, all I know is that I want more.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:09 AM   #418

Quote:
No, I'm not Russian. He he. I'm Malaysian, born and bred - but extremely mixed blood. If you like, I can dye my hair blonde, but I don't think it will go with my wardrobe. I hope I didn't disappoint you . I'm studying in Russia, hence the location. But I will be flying back home next Wednesday for my summer holidays. Anybody wants curry puff?
Blond or not, I think Mira's the second best looking person on the AG forums. Treps the sexiest AG forumite of course. No one could touch his cool sexiness. Heck, like I said before, we are all such a bunch of great looking people that we should put out a AG forumite callendar. The money raised from the sale of the callendar will go to support pieforjaz.org.

Old 07-08-2005, 10:13 AM   #419
Schoolgirl From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan
Mira - whereabouts in Malaysia are you from? I grew up in Kuala Lumpur. Missing the Indian cuisine terribly.
*jaw drops* You're kidding! I'm from Kuala Lumpur, myself!!!

Old 07-08-2005, 10:19 AM   #420
merely human

Quote:
Blond or not, I think Mira's the second best looking person on the AG forums. Treps the sexiest AG forumite of course. No one could touch his cool sexiness. Heck, like I said before, we are all such a bunch of great looking people that we should put out a AG forumite callendar. The money raised from the sale of the callendar will go to support pieforjaz.org.
Aw, thanks (((((gilly))))). But I only feel as attractive when the beauty of everyone else here (and my friends besides online) brings it out in me, inspires me.

I have to admit, I feel blessed to be surrounded by so many of you beautiful people in the AG community, and beautiful in so many different ways - physically, spiritually, culturally, etc.