View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 11:16 AM   #409
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Agreed, and btw the cat looks a lot like Rasputin from Sokal's Canardo comics.

Speaking of Rasputin, did you know that that guy must have been very intent on staying alive?

Here is how Wikipedia summed up the reports of the assasins, about his assassination:

Quote:
How exactly they killed Rasputin is not clear. There was no police investigation after his death, so we know only their own version. According to them, Yusupov invited Rasputin to his palace on the pretext of his wife Irina needing his attentions as a healer. In a dining room in the palace basement, the two served their guest with wine and cakes laced with potassium cyanide. The poison was ineffective, so they shot Rasputin three times in the chest, back and head, and beat him around the head with a dumb-bell handle. They then tied him up in a sheet and dropped him through a hole in the ice into the Neva River. He drifted under the ice, still fighting to free himself.

(...)A book by Edvard Radzinsky suggests Yusupov may have deliberately fluffed the murder, because he was in love with Rasputin. None the less, with poison, bullets and bruises, he still managed to move about under the freezing ice water.

Taking that into account, please read this excerpt from the "DISCWORLD ASSASSIN'S GUILD YEARBOOK AND DIARY 2000" (or 2001, for Germany...oh, I wuv my wittle Yearbook... ):

Quote:
GUILD ORDER: Harold, Duke of Pseudopolis. Completed by Prince Podgorni (not a guild member), with a club, a chain, a small crossbow, a dagger, poison and finally also with an anchor, that was to hold the client underwater. His highness the Duke was a very resistant man and just didn't want to give up. Prince Podgorni had to cut a hole in the nearby frozen river, and push the duke inside. The duke caught a cold during this, and died three months later.

Sounds familiar somehow...

This is my bit of randomness for today, I guess.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!