You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2005, 11:29 PM   #1
OB

Default Batman Begins

Check out the just released international trailer. There have been 4 different trailers(3 are in the 1st link, the 4th plus the Super Bowl TV ad are in the 2nd) but this one is the coolest one. It incorporates a bit from all the others and throws in a lot of exclusive stuff, too. It's the trailer on the right:

http://www.warnerbros.co.uk/batmanbegins/video.html

Official site: http://www.batmanbegins.com/
Old 05-13-2005, 04:03 AM   #2
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Looks like a great summer blockbuster movie, which BB truly is. I don't know yet if BB will be as equally good as the original Burton's Batman, or even better.

But one thing is certain, I'm first in line to see this one.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:08 AM   #3
Fat Green Sumo

Send a message via AIM to Falko

Christopher Nolan's previous movies were great and Christian Bale was born an the exact same day as I - so nothing can go wrong here.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:21 AM   #4
S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Send a message via MSN to Talas

Awesome, this movie can't come soon enough.

The cast is really really good... well, except for Katie Holmes, but she's cute so I forgive her.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:12 PM   #5
Dungeon Master

What's wrong with Katie Holmes? Granted, I've seen her only in one movie, but she was pretty good in it.

The new Batman, with dream-team of actors and the director of Memento behind the camera, better be fabulous. If I find it bad, I'll have hard time believing that, after all recent flops*, any comic-book adaptation may not turn out a disaster.

*That perhaps does not apply to Hellboy, which I somehow missed, despite it getting good reviews.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:00 PM   #6
Under pressure.

Katie Holmes in a Batman movie... is weird...

--Erwin
Old 05-14-2005, 04:10 PM   #7
S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Send a message via MSN to Talas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
What's wrong with Katie Holmes? Granted, I've seen her only in one movie, but she was pretty good in it.[/SIZE]
I don't really know why but I dislike her (and pretty much every single Dawson's Creek actor). What movie are you talking about? Maybe I'll change my mind if I see it.

Oh, and I think her mouth is weird
Old 05-14-2005, 10:59 PM   #8
OB

I've seen her in Wonder Boys and The Gift. She did well in the former and basically all she did in the other is show some skin and play a corpse. That was one of Sam Raimi's lesser movies.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:20 PM   #9
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talas
What movie are you talking about? Maybe I'll change my mind if I see it.
The same one Orange Brat mentioned: Curtis Hanson's Wonder Boys. Terrific picture, in the veins of American Beauty (but better IMO). Mind you, she has a minor part there, and I might have remembered her as good because of the overall excellent acting in the movie (and all pretty much overshadowed by what must be Michael Douglas' best performance in his career).

See it anyway. Great film.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:58 PM   #10
Epinionated.

She was great in Doug Limans Go!

Looks pretty good.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:48 PM   #11
OB

Here's the ultimate trailer link. It has all the teasers, trailers, and TV spots in one place. The newest is TV spot #5 at the bottom. It features one of the nifty little speeches this movie is full of and you also get to hear the first words spoken from Gary Oldman's Sgt. Gordon.

http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/20...ns/trailer.php
Old 05-19-2005, 02:00 PM   #12
OB

Heck, these trailers and promos just keep coming out of the woodwork. Hopefully, this is the last one, although the movie's 2 1/2 hours long, so I don't suppose it hurts that much.

Anyway, they played a 10-minute preview, featuring various clips, during the Smallville season finale last night. Here's an HDTV Tivo sourced capture of it. You'll need a torrent client to get it and it's 100MB in size. A couple minutes of it was posted on the official site and I have no idea if the whole thing will show up or not.

http://www.rokanova.com/download.php...32958f90728566

You can snag the software needed at: http://www.bittorrent.com/

In a word: Perfect! And, the score, ah, the beautiful music. It's amazing what happens when two world famous composers join forces.

Last edited by Orange Brat; 05-19-2005 at 02:28 PM.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:16 PM   #13

Katie Holmes was very good in Ang Lee's Ice Storm. Her part was very minor though.

I don't mind Katie Holmes in a Batman movie. What I find strange is why they decided to feature Rachel Dawes as a major character. In a Batman movie with Ras al Ghul as the main villain, you'd think they would feature Talia instead.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:27 AM   #14
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talas
I don't really know why but I dislike her (and pretty much every single Dawson's Creek actor). What movie are you talking about? Maybe I'll change my mind if I see it.

Oh, and I think her mouth is weird
No way, Katie Holmes is cute!

--Erwin
Old 06-16-2005, 03:21 PM   #15
OB

Well, it is now released. Anyone see it, yet? I caught the midnight showing on day 1. It's the perfect Batman movie. It's as close to the comic as you can get, although there are a few small liberties taken.

I was also relieved that they didn't screw up the Ra's al Ghul character. Based on what little I knew, it seemed that he was a reinvention for the betterment of the film, but after you see the whole movie and learn what he's up to you'll see that it is very faithful. They just scaled it back a bit and dumped the immortality side of the character. I say they dumped it, however there is a subtle suggestion that he may in fact be much older than he appears or at least the persona of Ra's al Ghul is old. The League of Shadows is definitely ancient and perhaps there has always been a Ra's al Ghul in charge of it. If so, that's a nice compromise for the benefit of keeping it more real. You certainly can't have a 600 year old man walking around if the point of the new franchise is to be more grounded in reality.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:26 PM   #16
merely human

I'm looking forward to seeing this one but I'll wait til next week when the crowds die down.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-16-2005, 08:36 PM   #17
How am I not myself?

I saw it. I loved it

As a matter of fact, I also saw The Machinist last weekend. Christian Bale is absolutely amazing. To see him go from a toned figure down to a thin as twig figure for The Machinist and then back up to full scratch for Batman, I can only say Wow. Commitment. He is definitely up their as one of my favorite actors. Anyway, back to Batman. The thing I loved the most was the fact that everything was grounded in reality and everything was justified. Superb work Nolan.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:48 PM   #18
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

I really enjoyed Batman Begins. There were a couple lame things ( 1) why did every building have to explode? Seemed a bit forced in this movie which, despite being a superhero movie, isn't the sort of film where I'd expect everything to blow up all the time... though I enjoyed the car chase 2) the fights being shot so closely and cutting from shot to shot every 20 frames wasn't very exciting. I guess the director isn't really confident with shooting small scale fights so he pulls the Peter Jackson in Fellowship of the Ring maneuver and just throws the camera around a bunch really close up to people punching and swinging things at each other, and leaves it up to the sound guys to make it seem like a cohesive scene), but on the whole it was pretty great.

I had a really good time, and man did they manage to pack a lot of events and a lot of time into that film. It seemed to go all over the place, and include so many different time periods and stages of Bruce Wayne's turn to becoming Batman, without feeling rushed, or like it was in fact a trailer for a much longer movie (like the "went a lot of places and did a lot of things but I couldn't tell what was happening" Hitchhiker's Guide movie). Good times.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 06-16-2005, 08:49 PM   #19
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Epic
I saw it. I loved it

As a matter of fact, I also saw The Machinist last weekend. Christian Bale is absolutely amazing. To see him go from a toned figure down to a thin as twig figure for The Machinist and then back up to full scratch for Batman, I can only say Wow. Commitment. He is definitely up their as one of my favorite actors. Anyway, back to Batman. The thing I loved the most was the fact that everything was grounded in reality and everything was justified. Superb work Nolan.
Heh, watch American Physco, where he perfects of art of chainsawing sluttly girls in the nude.

Am I the only one who thinks all batman stuff is retarded?
Old 06-16-2005, 08:55 PM   #20
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
Am I the only one who thinks all batman stuff is retarded?
No you're probably not. For everything that exists in the world, you can surely find a person or two (likely more than that) who think it's retarded.

Batman, like most mainstream/long standing superhero comic book characters, can just as easily be retarded and worthless as he can be realized as a very interesting character starring in a compelling original story.

Thinking the entirety of Batman is retarded probably just means you haven't bothered to ask which are the good Batman stories to check out. Or you're just talking about the films, and the Adam West TV show. I haven't really read any Batman comics before, but I know plenty of people with opinions I trust (who aren't just Comic Book Guys) who have listed a decent handful of quality Batman material.

Clooney as Batman, definitely retarded. "Batman" as an all around concept, maybe retarded sometimes, but as a blanket declaration... possibly a bit too much of a generalization.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens