Thread: Batman Begins
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 03:21 PM   #15
Orange Brat
OB

Well, it is now released. Anyone see it, yet? I caught the midnight showing on day 1. It's the perfect Batman movie. It's as close to the comic as you can get, although there are a few small liberties taken.

I was also relieved that they didn't screw up the Ra's al Ghul character. Based on what little I knew, it seemed that he was a reinvention for the betterment of the film, but after you see the whole movie and learn what he's up to you'll see that it is very faithful. They just scaled it back a bit and dumped the immortality side of the character. I say they dumped it, however there is a subtle suggestion that he may in fact be much older than he appears or at least the persona of Ra's al Ghul is old. The League of Shadows is definitely ancient and perhaps there has always been a Ra's al Ghul in charge of it. If so, that's a nice compromise for the benefit of keeping it more real. You certainly can't have a 600 year old man walking around if the point of the new franchise is to be more grounded in reality.