You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2005, 09:54 AM   #41
OB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHousequake
Read the book! It's much better than the film and it's so indulgent, there's a whole chapter on Phil Collins... it makes me drool everytime.

As for Batman Begins, I'd say it's the best comic book movie I've seen since Burton's Batman. My only gripes was that Scarecrow was just lame, seriously, he was a preppie with a sack on his head. Where's the terror in that... and where did he get the horse? Thank heavens for Liam Neeson, and it was good how they tried to heavily ground this film in reality as well as the overall lack of CGI... but after the credits rolled I kept thinking one thing...

Spoiler:
If they make a sequel, who will play the Joker? Jack Nicholson IS the Joker, who could possibly top his performance?
This Scarecrow was exactly as he should be. He's one of the heavyweight Batman villains and he can beat someone without lifting a finger. One of the creepier movie villains and Murphy pulled it off fine

As for you spoiler line, N was a terrible version of that character. He was nothing like him. Lachy Hulme is the current fan favorite to get the part and he has the acting chops to pull it off right.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:21 PM   #42
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Brat
He's one of the heavyweight Batman villains and he can beat someone without lifting a finger.
*drool, gibber, obsess*

...carry on...
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awardsâ„¢, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformismâ„¢
Internet Explodifierâ„¢ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 06-21-2005, 11:50 AM   #43
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Still have to wait three weeks before BB premiers here.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:43 AM   #44

I finally saw it.
I can't say I'm a superhero fan, but it still was really cool.
I was a bit disappointed in Scarecrow, because he didn't impress me that much (at least with the sack on his head), but Liam Neeson was really cool.
And Dale, although he looks like a fool at first sight, turned out to be much better than I had imagined. Of course, had I known that he was the machinist, I wouldn't have doubted him.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:35 PM   #45
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Jeehaw!

The movie is coming out in Finland week from now, but I went to see today's preview showing.

Oh man, this movie surprised me totally, Bale IS Batman!
I never would've thought that somebody could pull a better performance than Michael Keaton, but now I have seen it with my own eyes.

It was a long movie, but it didn't feel like one at all, it was just excellent. All the actors fit perfectly into their roles, only one who wasn't really as good as the rest was Katie Holmes, but I kind of expected that.

Spoiler:
Somehow I just knew that there was more to Mr. Ducard than meets the eye when I saw the first pic of Liam Neeson in the wb's official batman website long time ago...

The action scenes where a bit irritating because of all the close-ups, that has bothered me very much with many movies that Hollywood has released out lately.

The ending was something very exciting, I couldn't have imagined a better ending scene.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.