You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Angelina Jolie makes a sexy spy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2004, 03:36 PM   #1

Default Angelina Jolie makes a sexy spy

I was just watching this trailer...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/mrandmrssmith/

I don't really like how it basically seems to show the entire movie, but Jolie as an ass-kicking femme fatale that isn't a videogame character should be interesting in any case. The premise seems vaguely interesting, but again the fact that the trailer tells you exactly where it all leads doesn't leave much to the imagination storywise.

I Robot did that as well. You pretty much know the entire plot before you even enter the cinema.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:52 PM   #2

Well, assassin/spy anyway... It kinda reminds me of True Lies, with the tango and everything, except Curtis and the governator didn't try to kill each other.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:33 PM   #3
Under pressure.

Incidentally, I just wathed I, Robot tonight.

I think they could've done much more with this concept. I kinda like the 'robots want to protect human race' idea about it, you know. But the story didn't dig deep enough, in my opinion.

--Erwin
Old 12-17-2004, 05:15 PM   #4

I agree. I think they had a lot of good moments with Sonny and the story in general but mostly it just kept falling back on samey action.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:21 PM   #5
merely human

Is this a sort of edgy remake of the original Mr. & Mrs. Smith from Alfred Hitchcock?

And Angelina Jolie is possibly the ONLY woman I would turn straight for for one night. And she would be the one on top.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 12-17-2004, 05:45 PM   #6
Typo Queen

Angelina Jolie is one of the few actresses that can make me forget who I'm watching. I usually really believe she IS her character. That takes talent.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:19 PM   #7
merely human

Have you seen her in The Bone Collector? She was awesome in it. I still need to watch Girl, Interrupted.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 12-17-2004, 07:03 PM   #8
Iconoclast

She already played an awesome assassin in one of her early films, the absolutely flawless Cyborg 2. It's been all downhill for her ever since.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:10 PM   #9
merely human

Yes, but would you want to shag her, Bastich? You man enough for her?
Old 12-17-2004, 07:23 PM   #10
Iconoclast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Yes, but would you want to shag her, Bastich? You man enough for her?
Well, I had a response for this, but it was so dirty that I censored myself. I'll just say yes.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:35 PM   #11
merely human

heh heh, got it.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:52 AM   #12

This movie looks like fun. It certainly has potential, but I agree with the trailer. I think people will turn in to this film regardless of knowing what happens, though.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:11 PM   #13
Curiouser and curiouser

I saw a trailer of this in the theatre and also thought it was too much, but you never know. It's funny, they used to do trailer "screening" where I live--have you guys ever done this? They'd set up a table somewhere where the target audience for the film was likely to go--the HMV in this case--and ask you to watch a trailer and answer questions about whether it showed you enough or too much of the film, whether it made you want to go see it, whether you were likely to see it, etc.

As for Angelina Jolie, I'll watch almost anything she's in. I love that scene in the first Laura Croft where she is doing bungee ballet. I watched the little "making of" thing about it on the DVD and she was talking about how fun the bungee ballet was. She seems like an interesting person in real life.
Old 12-18-2004, 02:25 PM   #14
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Have you seen her in The Bone Collector? She was awesome in it. I still need to watch Girl, Interrupted.
Bone Collector kicked so much ass.

Plus, as weird as it is, Angelina looks real sexy in an eyepatch. (Go Sky Captain!)
Old 12-18-2004, 08:11 PM   #15
merely human

I have to add what my niece (who herself would also take a break from boys just to have hot sex with Jolie) said of Jolie. When I was visiting my brother and parents in South Pasadena a couple weeks ago, Kristin drove down from San Rafael to see me, and she and I were hanging in the living room watching the first Tomb Raider movie and talking about how hot Jolie is. Then for the next several minutes we were silent, just admiring the actress, how she moves, arches an eyebrow, everything, when suddenly Kristin gestures and declares: "And she's not even trying!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyConfused
As for Angelina Jolie, I'll watch almost anything she's in. I love that scene in the first Laura Croft where she is doing bungee ballet. I watched the little "making of" thing about it on the DVD and she was talking about how fun the bungee ballet was. She seems like an interesting person in real life.

Here she is with her adopted son, Maddox. Hmmm, Oscar and Golden Globe winning actress, lauded humanitarian, successful single mom, edgy, free spirit, those damn pillow lips.....I'm definitely in some kind of love with her.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:36 AM   #16
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

She does, however, pick some terrible films to star in .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 12-19-2004, 07:36 AM   #17

Don't they all though?

I think if all A-list actors waited for genuinely good scripts to get greenlit they would be out of a job fast.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:27 PM   #18
peb
Colossal

I know this thread is pretty much dead, but there were two things that bothered me about it:

1) "Angelina Jolie makes a sexy spy" - The title of this thread bugged me because Angelina Jolie makes any occupation sexy. She could be a sexy accountant, banker, insurance saleman, janitor, farmer or any other occupation that is inheritantly unsexy.

2) What is up with this kid's hair?

Quote:
Old 12-29-2004, 03:02 PM   #19
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by peb
I know this thread is pretty much dead, but there were two things that bothered me about it:

1) "Angelina Jolie makes a sexy spy" - The title of this thread bugged me because Angelina Jolie makes any occupation sexy. She could be a sexy accountant, banker, insurance saleman, janitor, farmer or any other occupation that is inheritantly unsexy.
You forgot hacker (Hackers movie 1995)

http://www.ozbricks.com/syme1984/hac...ack_frame.html

Firefox rules
Old 12-29-2004, 03:31 PM   #20
peb
Colossal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
You forgot hacker (Hackers movie 1995)

http://www.ozbricks.com/syme1984/hac...ack_frame.html
Hacker is a sexy occupation. Therefore it doesn't need Angelina Jolie to add more sexiness.

Oddly enough, she doesn't look as good as she normally does in that picture.