Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Angelina Jolie makes a sexy spy (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/6029-angelina-jolie-makes-sexy-spy.html)

Ninja Dodo 12-17-2004 03:36 PM

Angelina Jolie makes a sexy spy

I was just watching this trailer...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/mrandmrssmith/

I don't really like how it basically seems to show the entire movie, but Jolie as an ass-kicking femme fatale that isn't a videogame character should be interesting in any case. The premise seems vaguely interesting, but again the fact that the trailer tells you exactly where it all leads doesn't leave much to the imagination storywise.

I Robot did that as well. You pretty much know the entire plot before you even enter the cinema.

Ninja Dodo 12-17-2004 03:52 PM

Well, assassin/spy anyway... It kinda reminds me of True Lies, with the tango and everything, except Curtis and the governator didn't try to kill each other.

Erwin_Br 12-17-2004 04:33 PM

Incidentally, I just wathed I, Robot tonight.

I think they could've done much more with this concept. I kinda like the 'robots want to protect human race' idea about it, you know. But the story didn't dig deep enough, in my opinion.

--Erwin

Ninja Dodo 12-17-2004 05:15 PM

I agree. I think they had a lot of good moments with Sonny and the story in general but mostly it just kept falling back on samey action.

Intrepid Homoludens 12-17-2004 05:21 PM

Is this a sort of edgy remake of the original Mr. & Mrs. Smith from Alfred Hitchcock?

And Angelina Jolie is possibly the ONLY woman I would turn straight for for one night. And she would be the one on top. :9~

RainbowLight 12-17-2004 05:45 PM

Angelina Jolie is one of the few actresses that can make me forget who I'm watching. I usually really believe she IS her character. That takes talent.

Intrepid Homoludens 12-17-2004 06:19 PM

Have you seen her in The Bone Collector? She was awesome in it. I still need to watch Girl, Interrupted.

Bastich 12-17-2004 07:03 PM

She already played an awesome assassin in one of her early films, the absolutely flawless Cyborg 2. It's been all downhill for her ever since.

Intrepid Homoludens 12-17-2004 07:10 PM

Yes, but would you want to shag her, Bastich? ;) You man enough for her?

Bastich 12-17-2004 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Yes, but would you want to shag her, Bastich? ;) You man enough for her?

Well, I had a response for this, but it was so dirty that I censored myself. I'll just say yes. :)

Intrepid Homoludens 12-17-2004 07:35 PM

heh heh, got it. ;)

nordic_guy 12-18-2004 04:52 AM

This movie looks like fun. It certainly has potential, but I agree with the trailer. I think people will turn in to this film regardless of knowing what happens, though.

EasilyConfused 12-18-2004 01:11 PM

I saw a trailer of this in the theatre and also thought it was too much, but you never know. It's funny, they used to do trailer "screening" where I live--have you guys ever done this? They'd set up a table somewhere where the target audience for the film was likely to go--the HMV in this case--and ask you to watch a trailer and answer questions about whether it showed you enough or too much of the film, whether it made you want to go see it, whether you were likely to see it, etc.

As for Angelina Jolie, I'll watch almost anything she's in. I love that scene in the first Laura Croft where she is doing bungee ballet. I watched the little "making of" thing about it on the DVD and she was talking about how fun the bungee ballet was. She seems like an interesting person in real life.

ConcreteRancor 12-18-2004 02:25 PM

Quote:

Have you seen her in The Bone Collector? She was awesome in it. I still need to watch Girl, Interrupted.

Bone Collector kicked so much ass.

Plus, as weird as it is, Angelina looks real sexy in an eyepatch. (Go Sky Captain!)

Intrepid Homoludens 12-18-2004 08:11 PM

I have to add what my niece (who herself would also take a break from boys just to have hot sex with Jolie) said of Jolie. When I was visiting my brother and parents in South Pasadena a couple weeks ago, Kristin drove down from San Rafael to see me, and she and I were hanging in the living room watching the first Tomb Raider movie and talking about how hot Jolie is. Then for the next several minutes we were silent, just admiring the actress, how she moves, arches an eyebrow, everything, when suddenly Kristin gestures and declares: "And she's not even trying!"

:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by EasilyConfused
As for Angelina Jolie, I'll watch almost anything she's in. I love that scene in the first Laura Croft where she is doing bungee ballet. I watched the little "making of" thing about it on the DVD and she was talking about how fun the bungee ballet was. She seems like an interesting person in real life.

http://www.nwcn.com/sharedcontent/no...0.49cfb34d.jpg

Here she is with her adopted son, Maddox. Hmmm, Oscar and Golden Globe winning actress, lauded humanitarian, successful single mom, edgy, free spirit, those damn pillow lips.....I'm definitely in some kind of love with her. :z

RLacey 12-19-2004 04:36 AM

She does, however, pick some terrible films to star in :shifty:.

Ninja Dodo 12-19-2004 07:36 AM

Don't they all though?

I think if all A-list actors waited for genuinely good scripts to get greenlit they would be out of a job fast.

peb 12-29-2004 02:27 PM

I know this thread is pretty much dead, but there were two things that bothered me about it:

1) "Angelina Jolie makes a sexy spy" - The title of this thread bugged me because Angelina Jolie makes any occupation sexy. She could be a sexy accountant, banker, insurance saleman, janitor, farmer or any other occupation that is inheritantly unsexy.

2) What is up with this kid's hair?

Quote:

SoccerDude28 12-29-2004 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peb
I know this thread is pretty much dead, but there were two things that bothered me about it:

1) "Angelina Jolie makes a sexy spy" - The title of this thread bugged me because Angelina Jolie makes any occupation sexy. She could be a sexy accountant, banker, insurance saleman, janitor, farmer or any other occupation that is inheritantly unsexy.

You forgot hacker ;) (Hackers movie 1995)

http://www.ozbricks.com/syme1984/hac...ack_frame.html

peb 12-29-2004 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
You forgot hacker ;) (Hackers movie 1995)

http://www.ozbricks.com/syme1984/hac...ack_frame.html

Hacker is a sexy occupation. Therefore it doesn't need Angelina Jolie to add more sexiness.

Oddly enough, she doesn't look as good as she normally does in that picture.