You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat A *good* movie summer for a change?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2004, 06:55 AM   #81
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Ah, yes. Catwoman. I love how even now that superhero movies are cool again DC superhero movies are still crap.

mag
Old 07-23-2004, 07:36 AM   #82
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
Ah, yes. Catwoman. I love how even now that superhero movies are cool again DC superhero movies are still crap.
Mainly because the majority of DC superheroes are pretty crappy themselves.

I think the reason the Justice League was created in the first place was that DC recognized that besides their Big 3: Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman, none of their superheroes were good enough to compete with Marvel. (Except possibly for the Green Lantern.) So it was really a "cool-by-association" sort of thing. Look at some of the entirely forgettable ones in there: Hawkman, (half of the Justice League can fly anyway, and all the other ones do something else besides,) Apache Chief, (we'll put ethnic superheros in, but we'll give them stupid names and lame powers,) Black Vulcan, (he can do anything as long as we make it look electrical,) and the joke of the superhero world, Aquaman.

And don't get me started on the Wonder Twins.

Last edited by ConcreteRancor; 07-23-2004 at 07:42 AM.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:27 PM   #83
Kiss My Face

Send a message via MSN to scabb

It's disappointing to see Singer dropping X3 in favour of a new Superman film. Hope the next director doesn't screw everything up, which would be pretty easy to do considering it's likely to involve the Phoenix. I'll forgive him if it turns out to be a feature length version of Seinfeld & Superman.

As for the Green Lantern... it might not be all bad. I've only ever seen one Green Lantern comic, but isn't he supposed to be a zany wise-cracking type completely unlike the Green Lantern in the Justice League cartoons?

Last edited by scabb; 07-23-2004 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:35 PM   #84
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by scabb
As for the Green Lantern... it might not be all bad. I've only ever seen one Green Lantern comic, but isn't he supposed to be a zany wise-cracking type completely unlike the Green Lantern in the Justice League cartoons?
I haven't read any GL comics, but I like the JLA animated version.

And I really believe&hope that GL in the comics is nothing like that unfunny jackass mtv generation comedian Jack Black.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.