You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Harry Potter! YEAH!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2009, 12:56 PM   #21
Stalker of Britain

I've read them, too, and I know he's in the book. But they may cut out a lot from the books so the movie can be in time. And instead of cutting out all of the lustful looks between Harry and the other teenagers with roaring hormones, they'll probably cut out my Lupin.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 07-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #22
tsa
Playing character

Just go see the movie Fantasie. You know you will love it
Old 07-14-2009, 06:35 PM   #23
Stalker of Britain

My mom is actually trying to guilt me into seeing the midnight showing, trying old classics like, "I gave birth to you, holding you for hours when you cried", etc. I just don't want to sit through 3 hours if I won't like it.

Out of curiosity, since I don't want to be a downer on this thread, who is everyone's favorite character? Mine's Lupin, of course.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 07-14-2009, 07:00 PM   #24
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Snape.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:57 PM   #25
Lazy Bee

I like Snape, Alan Rickman makes a great Snape imo. Ron Weasly is also fun to watch.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #26
Stalker of Britain

Alan Rickman is marvellous as Snape. He's so scary and sarcastic. (Which always makes me laugh that him and Hugh Laurie who plays House both tried out to be in "Red Dwarf" ...Alan Rickman as Rimmer...)

It came out yesterday, at least here. Anyone see it?
Old 07-15-2009, 10:35 AM   #27
kamikaze hummingbirds

I always wonder how Americans must react if they see Hugh Laurie in Blackadder, if they only know him for House...
Old 07-15-2009, 12:46 PM   #28
tsa
Playing character

My favorite character must be Luna I guess. I like the way she is weird and smart at the same time. Fred and George are a good nr. 2. I will see the movie on Friday, and as a preparation see the 5th movie at home tomorrow.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:33 PM   #29

I like Dumbledore for showing that gravitas and child-like wonder are not mutually exclusive.

Snape is cool, though I think I like him more for Rickman's interpretation than for who he is in the books,
Spoiler:
at least until the seventh...
Old 07-15-2009, 03:00 PM   #30
The Quiet One

I'll most likely see this next week, with my sis', whilst i'm on holiday.

I agree about Alan Rickman and Snape. I'd say Alan is one of my favourite actors. He's fantastic when it comes to playing bad-guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
My favorite character must be Luna I guess.
She's the sort of character i'd quite like to have as a friend. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that she's odd. And she's certainly not gullible either. Evanna Lynch, who plays her, sure is pretty.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-15-2009, 06:22 PM   #31
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
I always wonder how Americans must react if they see Hugh Laurie in Blackadder, if they only know him for House...
I saw him in Blackadder before House. lol

And I used to love Fred and George before I met Lupin. I love how they love getting in trouble. And Peeves, when he saluted them when they left the school, awesomeness. Peeves is the epitamy of awesomeness.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:54 AM   #32
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Hmm... film was quite good. Tried too hard to throw in jokes in the first half, in my opinion (did I really need to get the obligatory 'silly' moment in every scene?), but then it settled down and was very nicely handled in the second half.

Not the best HP film, but still worth watching.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:28 AM   #33
Life and times of...

I find it interesting that people can actually get so immersified into a book that they can actually get so upset about something a character does that they don't like it anymore...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
I think more about A Bit of Fry and Laurie.

Last edited by UPtimist; 07-16-2009 at 11:46 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:22 PM   #34
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
I find it interesting that people can actually get so immersified into a book that they can actually get so upset about something that they don't like it anymore...
Guilty as charged.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:05 PM   #35
tsa
Playing character

So Maruca and I went to the movie last Friday afternoon. It was made well. There were a lot of scenes that were not in the book, and a lot of scenes from the book were left out of the movie, but that was not a big deal. They had to do that for the movie to be not too long. Anyway it was a true Harry Potter exeprience: very beautifully made, and with a comprehensible story that kept true to the spirit of the book. The scene I liked the most in the whole movie was the 'poof...' scene. Everyone who's seen it will know what I mean .
Old 07-19-2009, 10:47 AM   #36
kamikaze hummingbirds

I certainly enjoyed it - the humour made up for what was lacking in terms of action, though there wasn't as much focus on the Order of the Phoenix as I'm sure there was in the book.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:00 PM   #37

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I will just pop in to say that...

Spoiler:
When Harry calls Lupin a coward, that was about one of the few rare things he did right. Lupin was indeed acting like a coward, running away from his responsibility as a father. The "I'm not good enough to be your father" is the lamest excuse ever, in my own, very humble opinion. Plus, "The Deathly Allows" gifted us with a great portrait of my beloved Severus, so I couldn't be happier
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 07-19-2009, 05:58 PM   #38
Stalker of Britain

I understand you Andrea, I don't think it's at all an excuse, either. I guess I am trying to defend him. I think that's the most cowardly way to try and back out, pelase don't get me wrong. I guess he was in the wrong, but since he's my favorite character, I guess I didn't want to see this. I still think, at least myself,
Spoiler:
that he was being a coward right then, but he has had to deal with a lot in his life that makes him anything but a coward.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:37 PM   #39
tsa
Playing character

But what is your problem with Harry Potter then? I don't get it anymore.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #40
Stalker of Britain

I'm sorry tsa. lol I guess I'm just bitter at it. The last few books weren't that good, and I was tired of the focus being on Harry and his love interests. And I know, that's why it's called "Harry Potter", but I just don't know.

Sorry.