You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Harry Potter! YEAH!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2009, 01:20 PM   #41

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

To me the last two books were particularly beautiful and the seventh one especially, because there was no Hogwarts, no lesson and so on
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 08-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #42

Location: You want to know where I live? Are you some kind of stalker?
Send a message via MSN to Marduk Send a message via Yahoo to Marduk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
I understand that, but Harry doesn't know all of the drama Lupin went through in his life, and even though it was bad for him to want to run away, I understand why he's feeling guilty for
Spoiler:
the baby.

And I know it wasn't really Rowling saying it, but something about Harry Potter just rubs me the wrong way. She's copied a few things from my beloved Tolkien, and I know lots of people copy from lots of things, but I've just given up on that high school drama of Harry Potter. I'm sorry, I'm very bitter about it. I'll leave you all to enjoy it.
I think that this is comparable to some negative comments that came from a feminist organisation I read once. It basically quoted something Tom Riddle said in 'Chamber of Secrets' about her (silly little girl, or something) and they took it to be the entire description of her personality.

TBPH I agreed with what Harry said in its entirety.

And the thing about the teenage drama about kissing in book 6... Well that's real life. Actually, no it isn't because IRL teenagers are horny little creatures who want.... And in couples; if one of them doesn't want to.... Well, I think it's safe to say that what we're looking at is a diluted and censored version of real life

It worked for me. If you don’t want that kind of thing in your fiction then I respect that but it’s something that’s been present in each of the books until then, it just looks like it finally crossed your threshold .

Personally I found it all preferable to the ‘Cho Chang’ saga.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:14 AM   #43
Stalker of Britain

I understand what you guys said, and you actually changed my mind about what Harry said; I understand it now.

And I know the kissing is real life, I'm just not sure I want to watch it for entertainment. lol But again, these are all my own opinions, so please don't be angry.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 08-22-2009, 01:21 PM   #44
tsa
Playing character

I saw the movie for the second time today. Watching it for the second time gives you the opportunity to look for details you didn't see the first time because you don't have to watch what the actors are doing. The photography and all the sets are really beautiful. I also spotted one or two mistakes, which is always fun . And when Katie Bell was suspended in midair because she had touched the necklace, I whispered to my friend, with whom I was watching the movie: "Find her... save her!...' For some reason that scene reminded me very much of Dreamfall
Old 08-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #45
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

The director of photography for this new movie, Bruno Delbonnel, is a genius. I think he is responsible for how amazing the whole movie was. Even in really dumb scenes, it was shot so beautifully that I could take it more as a fairy tale and less as just a problematic script. And when the scenes were good regardless, that's when the photography pushed it over the top into "classic" territory. The way he uses empty space in the screen, the way he leads your eye around, the way he uses color (and the lack thereof) for emphasis - I don't think I've ever seen a movie (even an animated one) where the look of it got to me this much.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #46
Not like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
I always wonder how Americans must react if they see Hugh Laurie in Blackadder, if they only know him for House...
I'm pretty much American, I knew Hugh Laurie only as House, and I recently watched Blackadder. He was very good, very funny. Apart from the accent, I felt the performance he gave as George was exactly the same as House. Oh, and for House he uses a deeper voice. That's all. They're totally different characters, but all his little mannerisms are the same. House mocking stupid people looks exactly the same as George being a stupid person.

I hope that answered your question.

By the way, when I saw Jim Broadbent as Slughorn I didn't even recognize him from Blackadder. (He's twenty years older now.) What a terrific actor.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:15 PM   #47
tsa
Playing character

What's House? I am not in the US and not allowed by Fox to watch it on the computer.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:19 AM   #48
Not like them!

Neither am I; that's what the internet is for. It's a medical procedural, with a Sherlock Holmes-like doctor (Dr. House) trying to diagnose rare diseases. Hugh Laurie's gotten very famous in America for it.