You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2009, 03:20 AM   #1
The Quiet One

Default Psychoville

Is any member here a fan of The League of Gentlemen? There's a new series that's been done by two of the cast members - Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton - called Psychoville. And it's supposed to be just as dark and twisted as TLOG.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 06-13-2009, 03:57 AM   #2
kamikaze hummingbirds

I'm definitely looking forward to it - I'm hoping that it balances the darkness with the humour instead of focusing too much on the darkness like in LoG series 3.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
The Quiet One

Ah, we have a fan.

Yeah, it should be interesting. The third series was good but no where near as good as series 1 and 2. Very curious what new and twisted characters they come up with in this. It's just a shame that Mark Gatiss isn't starring in it. On the plus side though, Dawn French is.

Are there no other LoG fans here? "/
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 06-13-2009, 12:12 PM   #4
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
The third series was good but no where near as good as series 1 and 2.
That's pretty much what I think - although the episode with Geoff Tipps' stand-up comedy attempt is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
What did you think of the film, by the way?
I really liked it, but I think it's one of those "love it or hate it" things.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:47 PM   #5
The Quiet One

Heh, Geoff is one of the shows' funniest characters. He's such a prat.

I think the movie is so-so to be honest. I thought the storyline was a bit ridiculous, but it does have a a few funny moments. It certainly doesn't stand at the top with the shows imo. The Christmas Special and Live on Drury Lane on the other hand...