You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Your handle, title, avatar & sig...explain.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2006, 08:04 PM   #201
SamNMax

AFGNCAAP , change your user title.

Old 04-15-2006, 12:55 AM   #202
Sierra Junkie

Send a message via MSN to avatar_58

I don't believe I've done this yet, well here goes...

My avatar is from final fantasy VIII currently, and I change it depending on my mood really.

My handle? Now thats a question. My favourite game of all time is Ultima VII. I used to play both parts non stop. A friend of mine used to joke and call me the 'avatar' (the main character in the game). Eventually it stuck....with little jokes "Hey avatar" he'd say in the voice of the in-game serpent (we were bored many a day....... )

Well anyway...another friend wanted me to join neopets. This is where it gets lost, I'm not sure who gave me the '58', neopets or hotmail. I believe it was hotmail since an email is needed to sign up. Anyway I entered "avatar" but couldn't think of a way to personalize it (remember, this is me new to the net. I did not know 'avatar' was a common title for pictures) the number '58' was suggested to me by the randomizer.

Thats it. I'm not kidding, hotmail randomized that number tagged with an underscore. Its stuck with me ever since, most forums and websites will have me as 'avatar_58'. Its actually become personalized and like a second name really.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:16 AM   #203
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
AFGNCAAP , change your user title.
Heh. Better?
Old 04-15-2006, 01:31 PM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie
The fellow in MI3 was indeed named Captain Blondebeard.

Peace & Luv, Liz
Yay.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:54 PM   #205
In his own world now

well since i am sill a bit of a nubie here i will give you some insight into my junk

my nickname danger zone was given to me by a group of friends because i am a pyro, a drunk, and i like to do stupid things for a good laugh...........i tend to cause a lot of damage to various things in my efforts, for example i once flipped a police cruiser over with my truck (it is a long story)

my title is because i write a interactive forum game on csigamer.com that has quite a following to it

my avitar is because i have a fascination with guns and i have quite an extensive collection of them ( i have over 300 indvidual weapons, and the entire collection is worth over $500,000 )

Spoiler:
and no, most of them are not legal

and my signature is a few words of my own wisdom that i live by, and i am a bit of a shrink and confidant among my group of closet friends
sometimes the solution to a problem is right in front of you..............other times the problem may take years of struggle to overcome it, but no matter how hard the solution, solving the problem is one of the highest forms of satisfaction known to man
Old 04-15-2006, 03:54 PM   #206
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

My name is taken from the family and spieces name for several big cats--> Tiger : Panthera Tigris, Leopard: Panthera Posdus, lion: Panthera Leo and so on. My avatar is also based on this. The latin name for Jaguar is Panthera Onca, and a panther is a sub spieces of leopard. Panthers are also one of my favourite animals.

My sig. are some commersials I found quite approprite We had a thread on slogans earlier, and the program made these two for me, witch I wanted to keep..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 04-15-2006, 05:19 PM   #207
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

Avatar: The Punisher...duh...I really like the Punisher comics...and if he were real...well...we'd have less criminals...well...less live ones...

Title: si vis pacem, para bellum! Means; If you wish for peace, prepare for war in Latin.

Signature: A Bible verse (Matt 10:34), which basically means, Jesus came here to kick butt. And the link is to mine and my dads website.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:23 PM   #208
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Wow your allot more religiouse that I pegged you to be, especialy with the whole punisher avatar
Old 04-18-2006, 12:57 PM   #209
Citizen of Bizarro World

Handle: Maré, or Marés, one of my many nicknames. My nickname-spewing brother is so creative.

Avatar: My uncle's lazy cat. His name is Meda (from Medved), which is the endearing form of "Bear" in Serbian. I guess a better translation would be "Teddy Bear" in that case?

Title: My grandma, who barely speaks English, woke me up one time by saying "Wake up lazy bear, wake up!" I think my brother had taught her how to say that. The nickname stuck. There's that creativity again.

Sig: The Vulcan greeting from Star Trek, along with a bit of art I made to represent the hand motion that accompanies it.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 04-18-2006, 01:17 PM   #210
Psychonaut

Handle: Lucien21 = Lucien is the Librarian in the library of Dreams where "novels their authors never wrote or never finished, except in dreams." are stored (Neil Gaiman - Sandman) 21 is my birthday.

Avatar: Dancing Hobbes because my nephew looks like Calvin and Hobbes is cool.

Title: Psychonaut. Recently passed my training

Sig: Quote from "Northern Exposure" about the darkness of the soul.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:35 PM   #211
Lazy Bee

I now have a sig!
I finally realized I should look through the lyrics of Queen songs to find my sig. I started out listening to songs not that well known, but in the end I chose the first two lines of Bohemian Rapsody. Not because everyone knows these lyrics, but because I find it really suitable on an Adventure gaming forum.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:11 PM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerzone
my avitar is because i have a fascination with guns and i have quite an extensive collection of them ( i have over 300 indvidual weapons, and the entire collection is worth over $500,000 )

Spoiler:
and no, most of them are not legal
No offense, to each his own, but still;....
Why not sell them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by [toj.cc]Phantom
Avatar: The Punisher...duh...I really like the Punisher comics...and if he were real...well...we'd have less criminals...well...less live ones...

Title: si vis pacem, para bellum! Means; If you wish for peace, prepare for war in Latin.

Signature: A Bible verse (Matt 10:34), which basically means, Jesus came here to kick butt. And the link is to mine and my dads website.
And a at that entire post, especially the Punisher bit (not seeking a fight here, again, to each his own opinion/point of view).

Anyway, my avatar just needed a change, and what better one than one of those damn cute little bunnies from Wallace and Grommit. And the user title - well,.. I have no idea, perhaps it's an Austin Powers reference, or perhaps I was just drunk when I set it, then again I don't really care.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:30 PM   #213
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

I could've sworn I replied in this thread already... oh wait, that one was for username only. Silly me.

My username is a combination of my two favourite anime characters, Trunks from Dragon Ball Z and Ukyô Kuonji from Ranma 1/2. Trunkyo is the name I use at almost every message board or forum, the one exception being MYSTcommunity, where I D'nified my name to "Torahn'kyo"... Um, yeah.

The avvie is currently of wacky inventor Senbei Norimaki from the anime and manga Dr. Slump by Akira Toriyama, who of course also created Dragon Ball.

User title: The beginning of "Once a slump, always a slump." Dr. Slump is Senbei's nickname referring to the unfortunate fact that his inventions never work right, or they work too well! (He's somewhat of a loser in love too.)

Sig: Right now, an almost-tongue-twister, I can't remember where I first heard it. It used to be, "Say, did you know that the word 'gullible' is not in the dictionary? If you don't believe me, check it out."
(Someone here actually fell for it... not naming names! )

Also, what AGs I'm currently playing, will play, just finished. (How original. )
Old 04-18-2006, 06:34 PM   #214
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkyo
It used to be, "Say, did you know that the word 'gullible' is not in the dictionary? If you don't believe me, check it out."
Hey your right, it isnt...Ill need to write to them about that
Old 05-27-2006, 03:42 AM   #215
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Back on topic!

The avatar I still have at the moment is Red from No Rest For The Wicked (A comic telling what fairytales should really be like ). She's little Red Riding Hood all grown up (and mad). My handle is based on this page ("It's dyed with the blood of cheeky little girls", referring to her cloak.), and my avatar is from this page, wherein Red makes use of her *cough* comforting smile.

My signature is a combination of several quotes.

The first one is from a daily rant by Obsidian (usually referred to as "The O", or simply "O"), of the webcomic "Commissioned". The rant was about horror movies, and how the people in there seem to always behave in an extremely irrational way. In this case it was the fact that they either freeze in the spot, stumble away from the monster backwards, or try to attack it with a "weapon" that everybody knows will not hurt anyone at all.

The second one is from the book "Chicks in Chainmail", which is a collection of short stories parodying the fantasy stereotype of the Female Warrior in Chainmail Bikini (and some other, similar stereotypes). The short story this is from is "Career Day" by Margaret Ball.

The third is just a reminder that I am the Inventor of the Mail-Order Assassin (TM). (Also known as Kian).

The last one is a quote of the Doctor from the Doctor Who Webcast "Scream of the Shalka".

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 05-27-2006, 04:02 AM   #216
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I didn't realise that there was a plush toy (teacher?) Cthulhu in No Rest fo the Wicked...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 05-27-2006, 04:20 AM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
I didn't realise that there was a plush toy (teacher?) Cthulhu in No Rest fo the Wicked...

Well, that's because there is none.

My new avatar is the Miskatonic University Cthulhu, which I sadly will not call my own (limited edition apparently, and I refuse to order it from the US, because the postage is always much too high.). It would have made such a nice gift for Graduation, too... (if anyone knows a place where I can order it from a shop in Europe, please tell me.).

My new handle is "Hu run mant han", which means "My dog ate it". In elven.

-

Old 05-27-2006, 04:29 AM   #218
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

These people did have copies of that particular plush toy. You could ask them if they're planning on getting more stock...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 05-27-2006, 04:42 AM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
These people did have copies of that particular plush toy. You could ask them if they're planning on getting more stock...

Ah yes, Leisure Games. I actually visited them in London. That's where I got my Cthulhu hand puppet plushie from.

Thank you! I'll ask them right away.

-

Old 06-11-2006, 10:42 AM   #220
Lazy Bee

Changes are contagious.
I saw Scott change name into Sage - a herb/plant.
I grow herbs. Herbs need bumble bees and I love bumble bees to the extent I've got a cute one tatooed on the lower left side of my back. (very much like this one) My old avatar, the scorpio sign was nice but now it's summer and I felt like getting something new that's significant for me.