You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2007, 07:40 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobske View Post
PS: Anyone remember the cartoon Candy Candy? Never found out if "they" were going to release it on DVD...

Another PS: I love the Gilmore Girls
I adore Candy Candy! I used to be glued to the TV whenever Candy Candy was on.

Two creators of Candy Candy had a nasty legal disputes that started in the late 1990s and lasted for years. The dispute had a great deal in Candy Candy not being marketed vigorously for years.

I don't think there has been an official release of the English version of Candy Candy, which is a shame. Candy Candy was released in DVD in France and Korea though.

http://www.hanbooks.com/cacaanr10dvd.html

The Korean box set looks beautiful. It's too bad that there's no English subtitle available on the set.

There are DVDs of Candy Candy in Italian and Spanish floating around also but I don't think they are an official release.

- Akane, Ranma and Juliet
Old 04-18-2007, 09:01 AM   #22
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL
That does sound good. Can you believe that there are people who'd actually feel guilty about eating something that yummy? Because I bet there are.
Oh I know there are, but not me….. My sister –n- law makes this outstanding coconut cake….. She makes her own glaze for the cakes as well. Oh my, it‘s so yummy, but not as yummy as my mom’s lemon cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobske
So, now he watches Transformers, G.I. Joe, MASK, He-Man, She-Ra, Marshall Bravestar, Dino-riders, Jem and the Holograms, TMNT, The Real Ghostbusters, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Spiderman and The X-men
I loved those cartoons growing up, my favorite was Thundercats. Snarf was my favorite; there was just something about that little guy.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 04-18-2007, 09:13 AM   #23
King Silly

I'm an ex-smoker too. I stopped because of my fiancee and of course also for my own sake too. I made a promise and that's the promise I intend to keep...been smoke-free since the start of January... ( I smoke a bit when we're drinking though, but I drink very rarely these days).

Yeah, candy and all that unhealthy stuff --- who wouldn't like them? It's all good though as long as you remember to keep things in good balance. I keep myself in shape by going to gym, jogging and swimming so I feel I can eat candy, chocolate, snacks and whatever once a week at least while watching a good movie.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:23 AM   #24
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad View Post
OMG, you just opened up my pandora's box of sweet childhood memories... I got the Brontosaurus on Christmas 89ish or something, it was the BIGGEST toy I've ever had.
I always wanted a Dino-riders Brontosaurus but it was too expensive!

But I did own a Raptor AND a Triceratops!
It turns out that I in fact had Deinonychus, Styracosaurus, Pterodactyl, Ankylosaurus and Saurolophus.

Ahh the sweet memories indeed.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.

Last edited by Kolzig; 04-18-2007 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:14 PM   #25
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by akane_t View Post
http://www.haagen-dazs.com/products/product.aspx?id=317

I would live on this stuff if I can get away with it.
As soon as I saw the Häagen-Dazs link, I thought to myself: "It must be dulce de leche". Isn't that funny? Yes, each bite is like a little taste of heaven. (Though I would opt for the full-fat version.) It's such a pity I can't get Häagen-Dazs ice cream here. The only time I could ever possibly have the opportunity to eat that ice cream is on the rare occasion (once every few years) we go to America.

On one such trip many years ago, alongside the obligatory dulce de leche, I had the good fortune to taste Häagen-Dazs's coconut gelato. As far as I know, that dessert is no longer being made! But I got to taste it, and if ever there were a frozen dessert in stores better than the dulce de leche, that was it! It was exquisite. So unbelievably creamy and delicious. I will never get to taste it again. You darn Americans should have bought more of it, and kept the production going! GRR.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:39 PM   #26
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
http://www.haagen-dazs.com/products/product.aspx?id=317

I would live on this stuff if I can get away with it.

Oh gods, I would love to live on this, but they don't sell it in shops here. Only in the Häagen Dasz parlors.

But they have this in stores. However, to have it be perfect, I would also need this and the above mentioned.

I still love 80s cartoons, too. He-Man for President!

I love Playmobil to this day. I even bought the big Viking ship this summer! I'm also working on some customs.

I have several My Little Ponies standing by my computer. Two real ones, and two fakes. The two fakes I have called Charon (The yellow pegasicorn with the turqoise hair) and Styx (the pink one, with the even more pink hair). I think I am going to customise them too.

I love my plushie toys! My mother doesn't really let me collect them, but if I find a dragon plushie or any other very special plushie, I still buy it. *cuddles*

And I...*sobs*...no, I can't say it.

"*puts an arm around shoulders* There there. Take your time mommy."

Okay...I...I have a collection of postal stamps! There, I've said it. You'll probably all shun me now.

I'll post more once I remember them.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 04-18-2007, 01:13 PM   #27
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

*shuns Jaz*

I can't think of any particularly guilty pleasures that I have. I buy far too many video games, but that's probably not too unusual for this kind of site.

Okay, I lie. I basically live on chocolate.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-18-2007, 05:12 PM   #28
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig View Post
I always wanted a Dino-riders Brontosaurus but it was too expensive!

But I did own a Raptor AND a Triceratops!
It turns out that I in fact had Deinonychus, Styracosaurus, Pterodactyl, Ankylosaurus and Saurolophus.

Ahh the sweet memories indeed.
Oh man, I looked through all the models myself now.. Except for some armor that looks a little cheap, it's pretty amazing how much detail went into the actual dinosaurs... look at the texture of the skin and everything!

According to rusty memories I also had: Quetzalcoatlus (with Yungstar!), Pterodactyl (with Llahd!), the Stego (nice armor!), Pachycephalo, Toro (AWESOME armor! Got this in my 10th birthday, I've still got the pictures I took of him that day when he went for a walk across our couch, seriously) and probably one or two other of the smaller ones... I think my brother had a few too. And a friend had the T-Rex, the beautiful Dipolodctus (awwww!). I even kept the boxes, since the box art just kicked mighty butt. Good times!

I also had the Playmobile pirate ship (and Castle Greyskull of course ), and this was years before Monkey Island came to be.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:28 PM   #29

Okay, let's see...

I've started using stevia, and I've still been consuming more sugar than I should be.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:45 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Oh gods, I would love to live on this, but they don't sell it in shops here. Only in the Häagen Dasz parlors.
It's really good stuff. I wish the stores here sold them in larger buckets.

Do you have Haagen-Daz's Mayan Chocolate? It's a really good chocolate and cinammon mixture.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:49 PM   #31

Okay, I think I should be a bit more thorough than that...

Nutella. It's the best shit ever invented. It's too good to waste on bread, or on pretty much anything it can be smeared on. I wish I had some right now.

Staying up late. Really late, without much reason. I'm trying to get over that.

Nutella. It should come in six packs.

Tea, lady grey.

Did I mention nutella?
Old 04-19-2007, 01:35 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumi View Post
It's really good stuff. I wish the stores here sold them in larger buckets.

Do you have Haagen-Daz's Mayan Chocolate? It's a really good chocolate and cinammon mixture.

No, no Mayan Chocolate on sale here. I'm not even sure they sell that in the parlours here.

-

Old 04-19-2007, 02:48 AM   #33
Biomechanoid

Send a message via MSN to Bobske

Haven't got a big sweet tooth but I love the Dutch candy "Tikkels"

Quote:
Two creators of Candy Candy had a nasty legal disputes that started in the late 1990s and lasted for years. The dispute had a great deal in Candy Candy not being marketed vigorously for years.

The Korean box set looks beautiful. It's too bad that there's no English subtitle available on the set.

There are DVDs of Candy Candy in Italian and Spanish floating around also but I don't think they are an official release.
Aaah, too bad! When I was a kid I also was glued to the tv whenever Candy Candy was on. I still remember the Dutch lyrics to the opening tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
I loved those cartoons growing up, my favorite was Thundercats. Snarf was my favorite; there was just something about that little guy.
Hmpf! How can I forget Thundercats! Lion-o was my favorite character from that show. I'm still considering buying all the cartoons on DVD but it's way too expensive and I know I won't watch the cartoons because I don't have the time anymore So, it's probably a waste of money and I still have to watch Deadwood, 5 seasons of Scrubs and I still have to (re)play too many adventure games

Quote:
OMG, you just opened up my pandora's box of sweet childhood memories... I got the Brontosaurus on Christmas 89ish or something, it was the BIGGEST toy I've ever had.
I also loved Dino-Riders but I loved Transformers even more! I've been know to quote Megatron/Galvatron when friends of mine do something stupid

Anyway, the biggest toy I ever got was Metroplex! That was the best birthday ever...

And finally, the only bad habit I have is smoking! I don't smoke as much as I used to, but when I go out (sometimes 3 times a week ) I smoke way too much! It's like one beer --> 1 sigarette.

I really have to cut back!

Last edited by Bobske; 04-19-2007 at 02:54 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:41 AM   #34

The biggest toys I ever got were two different Barbie carriages (the on with the white horse that had purple highlights for some reason, and the picnic one with the horse that could walk), as well as the wine coloured cabriolet car.

In retrospect, I feel a bit cheated by that, as those gradually desintegrated as you played with them. And I didn't even play very rough with them. Hells, I never even tortured my Barbies like so many girls do at one stage!

-

Old 04-19-2007, 04:56 AM   #35
ssa

Well, I feel constantly guilty about spending "valuable" time on computer games.
So I try to remind myself that something that is enjoyed can't be a waste of time. Try as I may, it doesn't quite take.

Now I haven't given myself the time to play in months, so what do I do?
Instead of starting a game I enter this forum, which makes me feel guilty for not playing anything from the stack of uninstalled games I've got next to me.

But surely I must be getting some pleasure out of it, or I wouldn't still be here? Would I?
Old 04-19-2007, 05:42 AM   #36
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
(and Castle Greyskull of course )
Hah haa! I also had Castle Greyskull, but I have no idea where it is these days...
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:23 PM   #37
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post

But they have this in stores. However, to have it be perfect, I would also need this and the above mentioned.

I still love 80s cartoons, too. He-Man for President!

I love Playmobil to this day. I even bought the big Viking ship this summer! I'm also working on some customs.

I have several My Little Ponies standing by my computer. Two real ones, and two fakes. The two fakes I have called Charon (The yellow pegasicorn with the turqoise hair) and Styx (the pink one, with the even more pink hair). I think I am going to customise them too.

I love my plushie toys! My mother doesn't really let me collect them, but if I find a dragon plushie or any other very special plushie, I still buy it. *cuddles*

And I...*sobs*...no, I can't say it.

"*puts an arm around shoulders* There there. Take your time mommy."

Okay...I...I have a collection of postal stamps! There, I've said it. You'll probably all shun me now.

I'll post more once I remember them.

-

And speaking of He-Man, here´s my Masters Of The Universe collection so far:

Old 05-01-2007, 06:15 AM   #38
Second Degree Black Belt

WOW that is a large collection. Have you had all that since you were a kid? Or have you bought stuff through the years, because you didn't save it from your childhood?

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 05-01-2007, 10:42 PM   #39
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
WOW that is a large collection. Have you had all that since you were a kid? Or have you bought stuff through the years, because you didn't save it from your childhood?
No, as a child I only had like 4 Masters Of The Universe figures, and a couple of vehicles. I started collecting a couple of years ago, mostly because of nostalgia, and now I can get every figure I couldn´t have as a child!
Old 05-01-2007, 10:53 PM   #40
tsa
Playing character

I'm Dutch and I've never even heard of Candy Candy. I searched for it in Google and it seems very... sweet. I know where you come from Bobske; when I was a kid, 37 years ago, I was hooked on the Fabeltjeskrant.

The only guilty pleasure I can think of is lying in bed with my laptop for more than an hour every morning.