You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 08:51 PM   #1641
tsa
Playing character

You are a lot like me Bullsie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
1. What was your favorite subject in school?
2. Are you a Science junky?
3. What is your next career move?
1. Chemistry

2. I'm more a Technology junky. I like to make things and look at things using equipment.

3. I'm not sure yet. I can go more into management at the university, or move from the university to a company. Both have their pros and cons. We will see what happens.

+=======+=======+=======+

1. How often do you reinstall your computer?

2. How often do you buy a new computer?

3. How many computers have you owned before the one you have now?
Old 09-12-2007, 09:07 AM   #1642
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa
You are a lot like me Bullsie.
Well gosh thank you ……teehee

+=======+=======+=======+

1. How often do you reinstall your computer?

2. How often do you buy a new computer?

3. How many computers have you owned before the one you have now?[/QUOTE]

1. Not very often, although it probably needs to be rebuilt.
2. We haven’t bought one in the last 5 years
3. Just a couple

1. What qualities do you look in people?
2. Where would you go for a first date?
3. Name a favorite vacation spot that you love to visit?

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 09-12-2007, 08:46 PM   #1643
The Major Grubert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
1. What qualities do you look [for] in people?
2. Where would you go for a first date?
3. Name a favorite vacation spot that you love to visit?
  1. I'm more of a what negative qualities turn me off in people, because the rest are all right in my book. If you're not an arrogant asshole, I have no problem with you and probably meet you on some level.
  2. First dates are something I would only decide on after knowing something about the person and where they would enjoy being. I would pretend to know otherwise. I can't imagine a scenario where I wouldn't have the opportunity to ask at least one question of preference.
  3. I assume that farvorite indicates known choices (where you've been), so I would select Lucca, Italy. My current choice of a new place to visit is Paris, France.
_________
  1. What is your biggest turn off in social situations, what would peeve you the most about someone you just met?
  2. What's your next most favorite destination that you've never been too?
  3. What is your opinion about people who enjoy spending hours upon hours pulling the arm of the one armed bandit?
Old 09-13-2007, 03:13 PM   #1644
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

1. The fact that there should have been a semicolon instead of a colon in that question peeves me. However, since I assume you're talking about real life, I'd probably be most turned off by people who talked about nothing except how drunk they got last night or something equally stupid.
2. The moon.
3. I'd feel kind of bad for the bandit.

1. Ever skip a grade?
2. Ever get held back a grade?
3. Do you think that skipping/holding people back a grade hampers children's social development?
Old 09-13-2007, 05:46 PM   #1645
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

1. Once or twice. Homeschooling for teh winz!
2. Nope. Homeschooling for teh winz!
3. I wouldn't really know.

_____

1. When will the peoples of the world realize that sailors are logical, peaceful, and get-it-done-right sort of peoples, and thus would be perfectly suited to running the world?
2. What must be done before the blame for all the world's problems can be placed directly where it belongs, on the shoulders of farmers across the globe?
3. 50 Cent or Kanye West?
Old 09-13-2007, 07:44 PM   #1646

1. When sailors decide to show themselves on shore so people know they aren't mythological.
2. It's not popular to diss the farmers.
3. Kanye.

---

1. How open are you with what you talk about? Are you gonna talk about your sexual adventures or keep the conversation safe for a kids?
2. Can you see through what others of your gender are posturing, and wonder why someone of the opposite gender isn't seeing it?
3. What are movies you always stop to watch if you see them on TV?
Old 09-13-2007, 09:19 PM   #1647
Unreliable Narrator

1. What sexual adventures? How do these things happen without me knowing?
2. Not always, but most of the time. PMS sucks ass.
3. Ones that I like (or that amuse me, at the very least) and that I don't own. Also depends what kind of mood I'm in. A lot of RomComs would fit this list, as I'm usually too embarrassed to justify owning them. (Yes, I said RomComs. Lawlz.)

1. A lot of kids already know about sex, so why do we feel the constant, persistent need to protect their practically-nonexistent innocence?
2. Why don't we just talk about sex as though it were something completely normal, rather than something we needed to hide from children? I think it would stop people from being so obsessed with it, personally.
3. How old were you when sex stopped being something you giggled about and became something you actually took seriously?
Old 09-14-2007, 01:32 PM   #1648
kamikaze hummingbirds

1. Because I'd feel like a paedophile talking to kids about it.
2. I'm comfy with it being a private thing, to be honest.
3. 11?
________

1. Favourite subject at school?
2. When does shyness usually stop becoming a problem for a shy teenager (I feel abnormal )?
3. Least favourite aspect of school?
Old 09-14-2007, 07:04 PM   #1649
Unreliable Narrator

1. Right now, I'm liking my HCI class, particularly as we got to do arts and crafts today. (Yay, paper prototyping!)
2. That's for you to discover as you grow up, kiddo.
3. Lecturing, forced memorization, exams, having to take classes you don't care about.

1. Someone said in another thread that older women are hot, whereas older men are creepy. Why would you think this is? (Personally, I'm a big fan of both.)
2. What's your hypothesis as to why Trep isn't currently posting at AG?
3. If you're a woman, do you tend to have bad PMS? If not, do you ever wish you were a woman so that you could blame your mood swings on PMS?
Old 09-14-2007, 07:47 PM   #1650
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. Someone said in another thread that older women are hot, whereas older men are creepy. Why would you think this is? (Personally, I'm a big fan of both.)
2. What's your hypothesis as to why Trep isn't currently posting at AG?
3. If you're a woman, do you tend to have bad PMS? If not, do you ever wish you were a woman so that you could blame your mood swings on PMS?
1.) It was me, so perhaps it's fitting that I answer this. I think firstly it's to do with the whole divide between men and women. Men seem to be seen as naturally predatory, where as women are seen as submissive. When a male teacher sleeps with a sixteen year old girl, it's instant jail, when a sixteen year old boy sleeps with a female teacher, it's a case of "well she shouldn't have done that, but congrats to the boy!"
Then there's the situations where men who sleep around are praised, but women who sleep around are sluts.
On a personal level, I like older women more than younger women. In my experience younger women are often quite vacuous, and I don't find them particularly interesting, but women with more experience are more interesting to me. Plus I find a woman improves with age, I find a more mature woman in her late thirties to forties more attractive than some young thing in her twenties. With men, I'm not attracted to them at all after their mid twenties, so when some silver fox starts giving me the eye, or making suggestive comments, I just feel grossed out. I'm not at all interested, and just see some predator who's looking to corrupt my young nubile self.

2.) While he hasn't said anything specifically when we've spoken, and I wouldn't want to put words into his mouth, I got the impression that he just grew tired of the general direction that things were heading around here.

3.) I once heard a woman say, that while they get unstable once a month, men are constantly being affected by hormonal fluctuations, and are thus even more unstable on a regular basis. Lol. Personally I don't need an excuse for my mood swings, I can usually present the same façade no matter how I'm feeling, and on the occasion that I do lash out, people either live with it, or they're not someone that's worth my knowing.

I can't currently think of any questions to fill this space. I tend to only think of interesting questions in denominations of one, so by the time I've thought of three good questions, I've already forgotten the first two. I'll try to fill this gap ASAP, but if I don't, feel free to create questions in my stead.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 09-15-2007, 12:34 AM   #1651
Unreliable Narrator

Eh, it's all right. You answered my questions in multiple paragraphs, so you get bonus points.

In defence of older men, however, I find them quite charming because they tend to carry themselves with genuine assertiveness, unlike most guys I know around my age who are either too shy to get too close to me, or act overly confident in a way that shows that they're trying to mask their insecurities. Even though I'm not really looking for a relationship, I'd far rather talk to and befriend people who are comfortable enough to be themselves around me.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:59 PM   #1652
The Major Grubert.

Older men have their insecurities. They're just more accustom to them.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:33 AM   #1653
kamikaze hummingbirds

I'll ask some qs to jumpstart the thread!

1. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
2. What was the first forum post ever?
3. Am I in love?
Old 09-18-2007, 12:35 PM   #1654
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
I'll ask some qs to jumpstart the thread!

1. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
2. What was the first forum post ever?
3. Am I in love?
1. A moles worth.
2. It was in the Roman Forum, and it was more of a pillar.
3. No.

Okay, to fulfil my obligation I have produced questions in triplicate! They're not the best, but perhaps they will entertain someone.

1. Could you date a blind person, or would it be too important that you knew the person you were with was physically attracted to you?
2. Do you care to debate your beliefs with people, or have you reached a point where you feel you have thought them through so thoroughly, that there is no reason to reopen the topic, and to rehash the argument with someone would simply be an irritation?
3. And to finish on a lighter note: Which areas of your body do you remove hair from?

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 09-18-2007, 01:26 PM   #1655
Game Creator Hobbyist

1. I'm not sure a blind person couldn't be physically attracted to someone. There are more senses than one, you know. But to answer your question properly: No, that's not important.
2. I don't care to debate my beliefs in a gaming forum, particularly not on the internet, since in my experience nothing good comes from that.
3. I shave my face in the normal way, usually twice a week. (My facial hair grows so slowly that I get away with that without looking unshaved. I couldn't grow a beard if I wanted to - at least not a good looking one. It's a good thing I don't want one.)

---

1. What makes you physically attracted to someone?
2. What's your opinion on beards?
3. What would your theme song be like?

Last edited by Trumgottist; 09-18-2007 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:03 PM   #1656
Unreliable Narrator

1. Beards.
2. See question 1.
3. A jazz song with funny lyrics, sung by someone with a Sinatra-esque voice. ("With her nerdy mathemagical ways, she'll surely put you in a daze, she's Squiiiinkyyyyy...")

1. Is the way a person smells a factor in your perception of their physical attractiveness?
2. How about the timbre of their voice?
3. Do beards itch?
Old 09-18-2007, 07:56 PM   #1657
The Major Grubert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. Is the way a person smells a factor in your perception of their physical attractiveness?
2. How about the timbre of their voice?
3. Do beards itch?
  1. Probably. I mean, people smell, right? Sometimes they smell good, sometimes they smell bad, sometimes they smell AWESOME! But then can't always (smell AWESOME).
  2. Initially, I think so, but you could run into them at a bad moment, and they might sounds AWESOME later, given the chance.
  3. I wouldn't know. I mean, I have one, but I haven't rubbed up against it yet. I doesn't itch me, I can tell you that.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:50 AM   #1658
kamikaze hummingbirds

1. Yes, which only makes it sadder when she doesn't like me back...
2. Seeing the person happy tends to do that.
3. Yes.
____

1. Have you ever fallen in love with a voice?
2. If I would be liked more if I was happier, but the fact that I am not liked at all is what makes me unhappy then should my brain be overheating with confusion?
3. Why do zombies like to eat brains, anyway?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:20 PM   #1659
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Speck Of Cereal View Post
I wouldn't know. I mean, I have one, but I haven't rubbed up against it yet. I doesn't itch me, I can tell you that.
I thought all bears itched. Either I'm mistaken, or you're exceptionally lucky.

1. Not that I can recall
2. I think the likely scenario is that your brain already is overheated and confused, and that your claim of not being liked at all is mistaken.
3. Because of the nice texture!

---

1. What's an overlooked theme for an adventure game?
2. Would you like more silliness in your life, or less?
3. Tea and sandwich. What kind of marmalade do you prefer?
Old 09-19-2007, 01:19 PM   #1660
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

1. The Knights Templar Politics.
2. I like silliness during my free time, and seriousness when I'm working on something. I don't mind how extreme that gets.
3. I tend not to eat marmalade, but I'd go with home-made orange marmalade.

1. What's the best way to escape writer's block?
2. What's the best way to escape a vicious dog?
3. What's the best way to answer this question?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.