You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #3641
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
1. If you were to hang a giant picture of yourself (with or without a significant other) on your wall, what type of picture would that be (i.e. what would be on it, would it be coloured or b&w, would you use a framed photograph or something printed on a canvas, etc. - be descriptive)?
2. How do you expect people to react to the giant picture of question 1?
3. How would you respond to their reaction?
1. A rock album poster for one of my solo albums. It would be dark with lots of cool tones, showing half of my face and the other half being skeletal with strange, surrealistic stuff creeping out of every open orifice. I once did a stipple drawing based on the them, except in black and while, but the idea to make it a rock album promo poster comes to me from the poster we see of Billy Mack in his manager's living room in the movie Love, Actually.
2. I would hope they'd say, "Great poster! Is the album out yet?"
3. I would thank them and tell them how to order a copy from my website.

Same questions.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:57 AM   #3642
Failed Birthday Elf

Quote:
1. If you were to hang a giant picture of yourself (with or without a significant other) on your wall, what type of picture would that be (i.e. what would be on it, would it be coloured or b&w, would you use a framed photograph or something printed on a canvas, etc. - be descriptive)?

1. To be honest I wouldn't want to subject anyone including myself to have to look at a giant picture of me, so I would have to go with some kind of comedy shot. Or maybe a large landscape with tiny old me somewhere off in the distance. Failing that maybe a shot of me in victorian dress with my hand on a globe in a library looking confused.

2. A mixture of confusion/revulsion I suppose, big pictures of yourself are a little bit dictator-chic I think!

3. Order their incarceration without trial immediately.

1. If you became dictator/beloved leader of your country in some kind of military coup what would you rename it?

2. What would be the first law you would pass?

3. Kim Jong Ill was famous amongst other things for having a personal water slide and liking films to the extent that he (reportedly) kidnapped a few film directors and forced them to make him a film! (A communist version of Godzilla!) What would your insane weird character trait(s)/actions be?
Old 01-19-2012, 05:15 AM   #3643
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post
1. If you became dictator/beloved leader of your country in some kind of military coup what would you rename it?

3. Kim Jong Ill was famous amongst other things for having a personal water slide and liking films to the extent that he (reportedly) kidnapped a few film directors and forced them to make him a film! (A communist version of Godzilla!) What would your insane weird character trait(s)/actions be?
1. I wouldn't rename it. Belgium it is, Belgium it stays.

2. Raising excessive income taxes for the superrich and multinationals (letting the 1% pay for the 99%).

3. Insane paranoia and fear of assassination attempts by rich lobbyists and Tea Party-like groups (see 2.).

Same questions...
Old 01-19-2012, 06:27 AM   #3644
Failed Birthday Elf

Whoops! Confusing double post situation.

Last edited by Intense Degree; 01-19-2012 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Idiocy
Old 01-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #3645

Quote:
Dinky Island.

Quote:
For each FPS, Action or Hidden-object game - you must make proportionally 10 times more adventure games

Quote:
Playing live chess

---------------------------------

1. You're given 100 000 000$ and you MUST make a FMV adventure game. Which actors do you choose and what is it about?

2. You're given the time-machine, but you can use it only once and after that you must go back home. Where do you choose to go?

3. You kidnap all people involved into Adventure Gamers "Top 100" article and tie them up in a mountain shack. When they ask: "What did we do wrong"? what do you tell 'em?
Old 01-21-2012, 05:45 AM   #3646
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
1. You're given 100 000 000$ and you MUST make a FMV adventure game. Which actors do you choose and what is it about?
Yes, please. I don't know what it's about, since I'd hire a better designer than me to do the plot. As for the actors, maybe I'd go with non-Hollywood actors to keep the costs down (I don't know how far 100 000 000$ would go in a big production like this, and I'd make sure that the money wouldn't run out before it's finished), so that I could hire a pro symphony orchestra to perform my soundtrack, and make sure that all the parts of the production is top quality.

The casting would also depend on the need of the story. There are many talented actors in the world.

Quote:
2. You're given the time-machine, but you can use it only once and after that you must go back home. Where do you choose to go?
Assuming it won't let me travel in space as well, I'll settle for visiting the original performance of Drottingholmsmusiken.

Quote:
3. You kidnap all people involved into Adventure Gamers "Top 100" article and tie them up in a mountain shack. When they ask: "What did we do wrong"? what do you tell 'em?
"Nothing. I just want you to help me make my FMV game."

--

1. Who do you think I should hire for the design of my big FMV game?

2. Do you think it'd be a success? (Assuming it's a really good FMV adventure game.)

3. What part in its production would you like to have?

Last edited by Trumgottist; 01-21-2012 at 05:52 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #3647
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
1. Velvet Elvis-style, lit by a black light. Complete with me dressed as Elvis and everything.
2. "Ow, my eyes!"
3. "I know, right?"

Quote:

1. Poutinetown.
2. Change all gendered bathroom signs to say "clean" and "dirty" instead.
3. I'd appear as a different gender presentation every day of the week.

Quote:
1. Two unknown improv actors wandering around a city while talking about life, love, and videogames. The player gets to choose the conversation topics and, consequently, the outcome of the narrative.
2. The mid-nineties, so I can sell my FMV adventure game and have it actually make money. I'd also buy a mountain shack using the remaining money from the FMV adventure game (because I went way under budget, you see) in order to cash in before the real estate bubble goes way up.
3. "Well, uh, I neglected to get reliable internet access for my mountain shack, so until that happens, you're all going to have to entertain me with adventure game reviews in person, instead. I hope that's okay. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
2. Do you think it'd be a success? (Assuming it's a really good FMV adventure game.)
1. Me, of course. I'm experienced and not too expensive, and we've worked together before, sort of.
2. Sure, unless something gets botched with the time travel scenario. Then, we're screwed.
3. See above.

---

1. If you were to invent a time machine, what limitations would you place on its use to keep it from being abused?
2. Do 3D movies make you motion sick?
3. Do you enjoy being put in charge?
Old 01-22-2012, 12:12 AM   #3648
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. If you were to invent a time machine, what limitations would you place on its use to keep it from being abused?
1. My time machine can only travel to the future and you can't go back.
2. No but they do hurt my eyes sometimes. I don't like them much.
3. Sometimes, when I know exactly what to do, yes.

---

1. What do you do when it has been raining for a week and you want to go outside?
2. Do you see a change in climate over the last ten years or so where you live?
3. What do you say to climate change deniers?
Old 01-22-2012, 06:35 AM   #3649
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
1. Me, of course. I'm experienced and not too expensive, and we've worked together before, sort of.
If someone ever game me that money to put together a game, you'd be the first person I asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
1. What do you do when it has been raining for a week and you want to go outside?
I go outside. A bit of rain doesn't hurt, and it can be quite refreshing. I'd also be likely to start singing "dum-de dum dum, dum-de dum-de dum dum…"
Quote:
I know a scientist that's studying that, and he says yes.
Quote:
That most scientists agree that the climate is changing, and that even if they're wrong we ought to think about what we do to the environment. Cars aren't healthy either way, and the oil won't last forever. And why should I buy meat that's traveled far, when I can buy meat that comes from local farmers? (Particularly when in general Swedish pigs live under better conditions than those in Denmark or Germany.) It's worth paying a little extra to take care of our earth.

--

1. It's snowing here today. What's your favourite kind of snow? (Or, if you've never experienced snow: What do you imagine snow to be like?)

2. Do you think about the environment, and if so, what do you do about it? (Actions speak louder than words.)

3. What was the latest concert you attended?
Old 01-22-2012, 07:26 AM   #3650
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist
1. It's snowing here today. What's your favourite kind of snow? (Or, if you've never experienced snow: What do you imagine snow to be like?)

2. Do you think about the environment, and if so, what do you do about it? (Actions speak louder than words.)

2. Yes, I vote for a green party because our government is very good at compensating for all the efforts I do to preserve our environment. But I must say that if our government falls now I would vote blanco because basically, they're all a bunch of clueless, spineless losers.

3. A classical concert organized by the university because of its so-many-years' existence.

I have no time to come up with new questions so you must make do with Trumgottist's.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #3651

Quote:

1. My favourite kind of snow is - no snow at all. Apart from the fact that i prefer hot to cold weather, i live in a city where once it snows, its not really the snow from a fairytale, but becomes damp, dirty, ugly snow, the traffic collapse and everyone is nervous.

BUT, if we're speaking about nice, firm and the mysterious snow in nature, with a few rays of sun to accompany it:

they yes, that's exactly the kind of snow i like

2. I think about it, and do certain things like - playing adventure games, like A New Beginning Also, i don't drive yet and will support the first electric car as soon as it's possible.

3. Iron Maiden

---------------------------------------------

1. Which scenario is more likely to happen in you view - global warming or another ice age? Which one would you "prefer" if you had to choose?

2. Do you go to the woods somewhere near you? What do you do in the woods?

3. Do you play some music instrument?
Old 01-23-2012, 06:04 AM   #3652
Filmfreak

Quote:

1. For that kind of money I could probably make at least 5 games. When well planned, it doesn't have to be expensive.
First game would be a horror game, because at least that would sell a little. Preferably something Lovecraftian with lots of cult movie references. Because of that, I'd need Stuart Gordon directing, Jeffrey Combs starring, and at the very least cameos for Clint Howard and Tom Savini. Savini should be an integral part of the make up effects department as well.

2. If the time machine can go to the future, I'd go to 2050 and bring back a sports almanac for 2010-2050 or something similar.
Otherwise either the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC or Leonardo Da Vinci's workshop in Milan 1480-1500 AD.

3. "You have placed The Curse of Monkey Island ridiculously low at number 47. For this, I shall leave you here for 24 hours in the custody of Murray, so that you may think about what you've done and repent."

Quote:

1. David Cage (from Quantic Dream), Kan Gao and Tim Schafer. Let Kan Gao handle most of the writing, Schafer most of the designing, but let David Cage direct the entire production.

2. Only if you can get big-name distributors. Rockstar Games would be good, but there'd probably be too little violence in it for their tastes. You'd also have to whore out your development team. Let the words "From the creators of Heavy Rain, To the Moon and Grim Fandango" be nearly as large as the title of the game itself if you want it to sell.

3. QA. Let me test the crap out of it so it'd be as bug-free as possible...

Quote:
1. None. I'm one of those guys that thinks abuse is impossible because no matter what you change, you're only changing it in an alternative reality.

2. Nope. Just don't get me started on post-production 3D. That's charging you a couple of bucks more for NO 3D-EFFECT WHATSOEVER and much lower image quality...

3. I like to give my own opinion on everything, and I like to give everything that I consider "work" to other people, so yes.

Quote:
1. I go outside. Rain will only make me wet, it won't kill me.

2. Yes, it's a lot more extreme. Droughts last longer, storms are fiercer, when it rains it pours (with floodings as a result), we haven't had a good summer in July or August for a couple of years, yet April, May, June, September and October have been sunny and warm beyond belief, etc.

3. How much is the oil/coal/car/nuclear industry paying you? Or: what dirt does the Tea Party have on you?

Quote:

1. Untouched fresh "virgin" snow. The kind that still crackles when you step on it. Those photos by tsa and diego give a good image.

2. I bought a house with a good energy performance, I recycle whenever possible (I was also the first to suggest paper recycling at work - they didn't do that at my current company before I started here ) and I try to go to work by bike as often as possible (but sadly, I could do better).
I also have a tendency to go off against people that throw food away (whether they let it spoil or simply "took too much").

3. Haven't been to a concert in a few years (God, what's up with that???).
I think my last concert was Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds on their Abattoir Blues / The Lyre of Orpheus tour. That was in Vorst Nationaal in Brussels.
Mercury Rev was the supporting act.

Edit: that's not possible, the Cave concert was in 2004 apparently and I've definitely been to concerts later than that. I saw Porcupine Tree on their Deadwing tour in 2005, and went to Graspop and Wacken-Open-Air that year as well.
The last concert I've seen was probably Mike Scott and the Waterboys in AB in Brussels. March 2007 apparently. Christ, has it been that long???

Quote:
1. Which scenario is more likely to happen in you view - global warming or another ice age? Which one would you "prefer" if you had to choose?

2. Do you go to the woods somewhere near you? What do you do in the woods?

3. Do you play some music instrument?
1. Both appear possible, but global warming is happening right now, so that one first. I'd prefer neither.
I'd prefer a return to the state the environment was in 300 years ago. But that's not possible.
I wouldn't mind the higher temperature being balanced and evenly spread, but the global warming thing doesn't work that way.

2. Sure I do. I go there a couple of times per year, usually for a casual (romantic) stroll with the girlfriend.

3. I'm completely atonal. The only music instrument I can play *somewhat* decently is a Guitar Hero controller, and that doesn't count.
A lot of respect to those who CAN play instruments though.

------------------

That concert-question has me thinking:

1. What group or singer, that you'll never be able to see in concert (because they died or retired), would you most liked to have seen perform?

2. If you were given unlimited funds to organise your own festival, what would you call it?

3. Assuming said festival took three days, which three bands would you have as headliners?

Last edited by TimovieMan; 01-23-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #3653
kamikaze hummingbirds

1. Broadcast - who's frontwoman passed away last year. Definitely love to have seen them, seeing as they were one of my favourite bands.

2. The Granary Basic Timbre & Rhythm Festival

3. In the daytime - Belle and Sebastian, My Bloody Valentine come sunset, and Pan American through the nighttime. Maybe. THREE IS TOO FEW.
__

Carry these on. I'm tired.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:29 PM   #3654
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
THREE IS TOO FEW.
Feel free to post a full three-day schedule if you'd prefer that...
Old 02-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #3655
Failed Birthday Elf

Quote:
That concert-question has me thinking:

1. What group or singer, that you'll never be able to see in concert (because they died or retired), would you most liked to have seen perform?

2. If you were given unlimited funds to organise your own festival, what would you call it?

3. Assuming said festival took three days, which three bands would you have as headliners?
1. Maybe Pantera. If i'm allowed to cheat I would say Smashing Pumpkins. The reason for this is that I have seen them live, but only after they re-formed and released Zeitgeist. To be honest, what I and most of the rest of the o2 Arena wanted to hear were their old songs and they hardly played any. So my answer would be Smashing pumpkins touring Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie.

2. Something pleasingly understated, maybe the London Tea Convention.

3. Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins (see above), Prodigy.

1. Would you rather be a successful author, musician, game designer, film maker etc. and why?

2. Can ex boyfriends/girlfriends still be friends?

3. Can boys and girls be really close friends without one wanting more?

4. Why are there four questions when there should only be three?
Old 02-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #3656
Filmfreak

Quote:
1. Would you rather be a successful author, musician, game designer, film maker etc. and why?

1. Author. Because that way I could still get my name on a game or on a film. IP-selling FTW!

2. Of course they can. Unless the relationship ended as a trainwreck.

3. Sure. But I'm pretty sure at least one of them needs to be gay...

4. Because it's Tuesday?
Old 02-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #3657
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
1. Yes. All of them. Why? Because being successful at everything would be awesome.
2. No, of course they can't. Once you stop dating a person, you can never be friends with ANYONE EVER AGAIN, didn't you know?
3. Nope. No way. Absolutely not. The boy will always want a pony, and the girl will want a motorcycle. That's how it works, isn't it?
4. What? No, of course I'm not joking. Why are you looking at me like that?

---

1. Can cake and pie ever be friends without the deliciousness getting in the way?
2. (This question left blank because it got used up in the last round.)
3. Why don't I post on these forums as often as I used to?
Old 02-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #3658
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
1. Can cake and pie ever be friends without the deliciousness getting in the way?
2. (This question left blank because it got used up in the last round.)
3. Why don't I post on these forums as often as I used to?
1. As long as the cake is a perfect circle they'll be fine. Otherwise the pi gets confused.
3. Maybe it's a similar reason to as why I don't post as much.

--

2. (The format is all messed up now. Maybe someone will come and save this thread by posting three proper questions?) What's your biggest obstacle at the moment?
Old 03-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #3659
It's Hard To Be Humble

2. Time. And money. And space. And everything else. Lots of obstacles, actually. I'm just ignoring them right now.

THREE QUESTIONS!!!

When watching music videos on Youtube:
1) Do you prefer professional or amateur video productions?
2) Do you prefer fancy studio tricks or minimal, clean editing?
3) Do you prefer animations or live action?

BONUS QUESTION:
B) Can you tell what I'm doing today?
Old 03-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #3660
tsa
Playing character

1 - 3: it all depends on the music, the atmosphere that the artist is trying to conceive, etc. So I would say: all of them.

B) I think you are trying to get your orchids to bloom

I leave Lee's questions for the next person to answer so he can do some statistics on the answers.